• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFN 110 - Lewis vs Hunt - New Zealand

Status
Not open for further replies.
My initial lean is BB and I am sticking with that.

My initial lean was Halloway and I went Aldo because of the thread.

I am not making that mistake again.

I just don't see Hunt withstanding the power of BB and Hunt will eventually try to trade with him.

I just don't see Hunt withstanding the power of BB and Hunt will eventually try to trade with him.

One of my biggest downfalls... "the switch"

I pick a fighter and last minute change for some dumb reason

My fave bet on the card last week was Matt Lopez

Yet I switched to eduardo last minute because of the line movement

Trust your read

Taking BB too. I think the thread is more split here then they were on Aldo vs Holloway (Although I stuck with Holloway)

I advise that everyone that reads here in the end bets with their lean. It's always better to lose when you yourself were flat wrong (Me picking Moyle last week) Then it is when you tail someone when you were going the other way and lose. Fuck it go down with the ship. I'd take more insight on fights that I don't have much of an opinion on.

I can defo see why people are taking Ben but I wouldn't take the Shelton fight into consideration. Tim had to cut weight 4 times in 4 weeks on TUF I think that definitely diminished his performance over three rounds.

Tim doesn't seem prepared for this fight. I don't think he has fought under these circumstances. I also think Ben is a level above Shelton.

Pearson loses one and loses one ! (If we're going that route)

I don't think anyone should bet hooker at -200 or worse but I do think he's the favorite here.

Size edge, hometown edge, submission edge, maybe cardio edge, too... He switched camps two fights ago... Different fighter since then. (Hooked up with Magny and co).. I think he just underestimated knight and knights takedowns

Hooker also spends quite a bit of time at Tiger along with Kai.

I can see why you would like Kelly but there is no justification for putting Lewis in a 6 leg parlay. Whats really funny(I legit loled at the thought, not making fun of you), is you put hooker-pearson over as if that makes this a safe parlay. You may very well win but this is not a safe parlay.
Thank You for your opinion :) I know it is a risky parlay but its more a fun parlay with dan Kelly and BB ;) You see I bet only 60pln thats like 15$ or so.

What do You think about my ,,safe" parlay?
Zak Otto
Volkanovsky
Cutelaba
Ross-Hooker over 2.5r

Now sure if this has been posted or not - chan-mi-jeon's last two fights

Colorado

vs

Thailand (1 week notice though)

Like Sham already said, what makes you think that Elliot won't be able to get Ben down? And you have to be concerned about what's going to happen if/when the fight hits the ground after what happened to Ben in the Smolka fight, no?
I haven't said that tim will not be able to get Ben down. I'm saying that Smolka hit Elliot with some hard punches and Ben has more pop and power in his punches than Smolka. Elliot may get few td's but I expect him to look worse here than against Smolka. Ben will win the standing exchanges, prolly even hurts Elliot. Elliot starts panic wrestling in r1. Ben survives. Ben is okay on the ground when he doesn't get punched in the face. In r2 and r3 I see Elliot going for sloppy td's because he is gassed. I think Elliot will spend some time on top but I hope that judges recognize the damage done on the feet by ben. This is a closer fight than odds suggest. Elliot is garbage on the feet. People haven't noticed that because he wrestles a lot.

They think the Hulk is going to be their first UFC champ. They are that confident in him. He is on weight and I am HEAVY on him.

Love volk massively impressed by his debut and bet him big but wanted -200 in this spot. Too many questions for me over his standup just not seen enough of it but i hope he wipes the floor with hirota. Will have him in a 5 teamer tho. Dego a prospect i have my eye on.

I haven't said that tim will not be able to get Ben down. I'm saying that Smolka hit Elliot with some hard punches and Ben has more pop and power in his punches than Smolka. Elliot may get few td's but I expect him to look worse here than against Smolka. Ben will win the standing exchanges, prolly even hurts Elliot. Elliot starts panic wrestling in r1. Ben survives. Ben is okay on the ground when he doesn't get punched in the face. In r2 and r3 I see Elliot going for sloppy td's because he is gassed. I think Elliot will spend some time on top but I hope that judges recognize the damage done on the feet by ben.

Tim can look tired in fights but he is excellent at fighting thru it. I think hoping for tim to gas and get sloppy with tds is wishful thinking. He had a horrible cut against dj and still took him down in r5.

Something that i think it worths mentioning. Pearson had five 3-rounds fights in just 10 months in 2016 and now he had 6 months layoff.

Tim doesn't seem prepared for this fight. I don't think he has fought under these circumstances. I also think Ben is a level above Shelton.
Ben is/was a level below Smolka though. I believe Elliott will be able to outgrapple Ben for two rounds and win on points even if he has a rough cut. Also a lot of fighters recently seem to just give up their cut when they realize they're not gonna make it and come in 5+ pounds over instead, if that be the case even more confidence in Elliott

You cant read too much into the shelton fight. Tuf is a very unique experience where guys fight weekly. When i cap fights i try not to read too much into their fights on tuf. Im not on tim btw i like him but this is a dangerous fight for him.

After watching video, in my mind's eye I saw Hooker staying out of Pearson's reach and out pointing him. So I bet on Hooker when he was at -165. I did read this thread, in it's earlier length, as a partial sanity check. I don't claim to know what I'm doing.

Jumeau has a full time job, he repairs cars (panel beater) - http://www.ufc.com/fighter/Luke-Jumeau

TRAINING: A typical day consists of going to work for nine hours, then home to help feed the kids and get them to bed, then off to training for around two hours. Eat, sleep, repeat.

Tim can look tired in fights but he is excellent at fighting thru it. I think hoping for tim to gas and get sloppy with tds is wishful thinking. He had a horrible cut against dj and still took him down in r5.
Yeah I know
There are just different circumstances. Elliot hasn't trained for 1 month!!! have you ever came back from 1 month hiatus? That's terrible thing to go right into fight camp. You should be slowly building yourself back up again. Plus he is travelling to Australia. Elliot is good but I'm just counting on that all these outside factors will limit his abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back