• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

UFN 139 Korean Zombie vs Rodriguez

What's the consensus on the Cowboy fight?? He's listed around +170 right now... does Vegas really think Cowboy is an underdog in this fight? Sure, he's on the back-end of his career, but Perry just got destroyed by Griffin, and has lost to Ponzi and Jouban... technical strikers chew this man up.
Vegas does not determine the odds, it's the people betting on it who does

I don't see any sort of evidence that Perry is some hardnosed guy that is going to be incredibly hard to beat inside the distance. He hasn't fought that much high level competition yet.
He beat Felder though who is legit and Paul would beat Donald imo.

Is there a circle jerk fade to avoid for this event? Maybe Shelton ends up burning everyone? :eek:<45>

He beat Felder though who is legit and Paul would beat Donald imo.

Awful way to analyze a fight. Felder broke his arm in the 1st round as well and still almost won the fight fwiw.

Edit: didn't see T6 beat me to it ;)

FYI - 24 min mark, Cowboy says he's going to stand and bang, won't go for wreslting / BJJ, says he would never do that to the Denver crowd, slug it out, going for wrestling would be a robbery to those people, give them a show, we're entertainers

I hope Cerrone isn't 100% serious. Cerrone at his odds is probably the right play but just banging with Perry is a bad strategy. His most likely path to victory is a submission.

Perry looked a lot better in the Felder fight after training at Jackson Winklejohn, he actually had some sort of strategy and gameplan.

Perry has real power and a granite chin that walks through shots. Every fighter he fought knows that. Perry said in interviews Cerrone has an advantage with his kicking game but he better set it up or he is getting countered with Perry's right. Felder who has a great kicking game was really wary of Perry's counter right.

Cerrone is a frontrunner too, when things aren't going his way he freezes. Cerrone should look for his reactive takedowns when Perry keeps marching forward and then a rear naked choke. Longer the fight stays standing, I would be nervous as a Cerrone bettor.

Last edited:

Complete lack of confidence oozing out of Rocky. Almost want to add more to my 3u on GDR

I taped this fight hard and I was having the same thoughts of your breakdown earlier on this thread. I pretty much agree with everything you said except I do think Yoder can take down Cooper. Yoder's tds are not good or anything, but I am pretty confident her shots on Hill and others would be good enough to take Cooper down. Cooper's tdd is pretty terrible.

This is all true, but Yoder's own TDD is equally terrible, and she could only take down Hill, whose TDD is almost non-existent, once, while being stuffed every other time. I agree that Yoder is more dangerous from the top position than Cooper, but keep in mind that Cooper's main weakness is how horrible she is at defending RNC's, while Yoder is equally dreadful at applying them; her attempts at doing so while having Esquibel's back on TUF were a mixture of poor technique and low physical strength.

The issue here is that Yoder is an idiot and prefers submission over position and will lose position going for low percentage armbars and then be on her back herself.

Correct.

I think people just see 4 sub losses on Cooper's record and they assume Yoder will just sub her easily. But the four sub losses were to Dern, Calvillo, Ladd, and Suarez LOL. I think this fight goes to the cards.

Yeah, and the sub loss to Dern was orchestrated off a knockdown from a surprisingly decent overhand right.

This is all true, but Yoder's own TDD is equally terrible, and she could only take down Hill, whose TDD is almost non-existent, once,.
Didn't Hill stuff some takedowns from Ansaroff, Andrade and Livia Renata Souza?

Last edited:
So no one here has thoughts on possibility of Moises pulling an KO or win?

Well if that's the case I don't know how you come to the conclusion that she got non-existant takedown defense...

Because I've seen how awful Yoder's takedowns are, technically and in terms of speed/strength, and how they failed against virtually all previous opponents, but did work at one point versus Hill.

Huge on GDR moneyline at -175 and -180. Pennington looked awful on the scale, took a beating last fight. She was suffering from thyroid issues, blew up in weight. This is in Denver at elevation. Also took GDR -3½ points at +125, under 2½ at +248 as well as GDR KO/TKO +365 and GDR round 2 at +850 & GDR round 3 at +1450.

Because I've seen how awful Yoder's takedowns are, technically and in terms of speed/strength, and how they failed against virtually all previous opponents, but did work at one point versus Hill.
Fair points. Rewatched some of the Hill/Yoder fight. The first TD in round one against the cage wasn't that bad, but the one right of the start in round 2 was poorly defended. In the third Yoder had really good timing on her shot but Hill was able to scramble and end up on her back. I still think Hill got decent TDD overall, but she looked slightly off in that fight

Back