UFN 153 on ESPN+ 11 Gustafsson vs Smith

Apparently he's CroCops protégé which naturally makes him the next big thing at HW regardless of how good he actually is.
He's fighting at 205 but I know what you mean.

12 months ago and Gus would be like -800 here. He probably gets TKO'd late on loses a very one sided decision the vast majority of the time. If he has any success on the feet Gus can take him down at will and then he's left trying to hit subs off his back. Good luck with that.
I agree. However, Gus wasn't talking about retirement a year ago. Gus should win but he's definitely not the same Gus as before.

So...I think Stevie Ray is a decent (but far from special) fighter and Leo Santos is (if nothing else) a special grappler.

But is anyone actually going to pay -250 juice on Santos in this fight? He's 39 years old and hasn't fought in TWO AND A HALF YEARS!!!

Okay, yeah, I still favor Leo...I guess. Probably up to -160 or so. But this is a LONG layoff for a guy who's almost 40, and he's not fighting a corpse. Ray is somewhat a journeyman yeah. But he's got a path to victory that he's capable of implementing with sprawl n brawl and just shouldn't be this big a dog given all the circumstances.

Ray at over +200 has some value imo.

Iirc she had a serious knee injury and rushed it back bc she knows her time window to make a title run is limited

Ideally she would be in better shape with more proper healing this fight. But at her age who knows. This is the main lingering point preventing me from hopping on board
Yeah. Like others, Evinger is my kneejerk pick. Better wrestler, more experience at the top level, probably stronger, and so on. However, she has another long layoff and a weird training camp because she works on an oil rig. Two weeks on, two off, and then back on until the fight.

Tonya was at her best in Invicta, when she got fights booked frequently, allowing her to be sharp all year and improve, while staying conditioned. Since the UFC, her problem with being a bit of a frontrunner is rearing its head again. The Cyborg loss was understandable and expected, but then a big layoff and it isn't even close with Ladd. Ladd was a former 125er, and Tonya got dominated at her own game. Now, here's another long layoff, she is fighting overseas, and this time against someone that is at least competitive in the clinch. Yeah, Tonya can get a takedown, pass and dominate, but if that doesn't all happen in the first round, I can see Tonya break like she did against Pennington.

I remember him being really hyped when he made his UFC debut but I can't for the life of me figure out why. Still maybe a square move but I like him at -150 here.
Clark should be a moderate favorite over what's been shown on tape. People just overhype anything new at LHW since they're so depressed with the state of the fighters that are already around.

Cashed out Latifi +162.

I favour Volkan to win now but not sure if I‘ll bet him at current odds.

Latifi has the tools to do it, but Volkan has made big improvements. Give Smith a very tough fight, beat the shit out of him for two rounds.. But I do believe he lose to Reyes and he had nothing for DC.

If Latifi comes back and he's made no changes, added nothing to his game then he's going to struggle.. But if he uses all of his skills and can can find some way of making Volkan fight at his pace he has a good chance.

Watching more footage I believe Volkan grinds him against the cage and in the clinch for the full first round, or that will be the game plan at least. If he can pull this off Latifi gasses.

Really maybe Latifi needs to accept that he has one round in him and come out all guns blazing, do or die.

Latifi has the tools to do it, but Volkan has made big improvements. Give Smith a very tough fight, beat the shit out of him for two rounds.. But I do believe he lose to Reyes and he had nothing for DC.

If Latifi comes back and he's made no changes, added nothing to his game then he's going to struggle.. But if he uses all of his skills and can can find some way of making Volkan fight at his pace he has a good chance.

Watching more footage I believe Volkan grinds him against the cage and in the clinch for the full first round, or that will be the game plan at least. If he can pull this off Latifi gasses.

Really maybe Latifi needs to accept that he has one round in him and come out all guns blazing, do or die.
Honestly I could easily see Latifi winning R3 in this one. Latifi gasses, but keeps throwing actual punches whilst Volkan seems to just plunge off a cliff the second he starts to feel a bit tired. He flat gave-up against DC and Smith. Latifi's volume will drop, but he'll hang tough and keep fighting. We've only really seen an ultra-gassed Latifi against Corey lately, and Corey sets an elite pace and still absorbed some big shots in R3.

Volkan was still in the fight round 3 against Reyes but watching it back I feel he did lose the fight. It's just how badly Latifi gasses, but if you look at round one vs Anderson he looked very good

How are we watching recent fights these days?

Espn+ fights are "blacked out" on fightpass.

I havent really even tried watching archived fights on espn+ based on what I've heard about how horrible it is.

Has it improved?
For example, if I wanted to watch Damir Hadzovic vs. Marco Polo Reyes, what do I have to do?

How are we watching recent fights these days?

Espn+ fights are "blacked out" on fightpass.

I havent really even tried watching archived fights on espn+ based on what I've heard about how horrible it is.

Has it improved?
For example, if I wanted to watch Damir Hadzovic vs. Marco Polo Reyes, what do I have to do?
If I search for the event, not the the fighters themselves, I find what I'm after every time.

Lol idk Im still having trouble. I found the UFC prague main card but not the prelims

Lol idk Im still having trouble. I found the UFC prague main card but not the prelims
I wrote a long detailed explanation earlier in the thread how to watch that exact card. In short, VPN to another country and you can watch those prelims on Fight Pass.

I wrote a long detailed explanation earlier in the thread how to watch that exact card. In short, VPN to another country and you can watch those prelims on Fight Pass.
Ah, I'm in Canada. Should've said that. But yes, Jim's post is what you want.

Thanks a lot man.

Please excuse my ignorance, how does one vpn to another country?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derik
Back