UFN 156 on ESPN+ 14 Shevchenko vs Carmouche II

My memory on these fighters is terrible

Torres only -125 vs marina rodriguez?

My memory on these fighters is terrible

Torres only -125 vs marina rodriguez?

Will obviously tape this, but off memory and notes, it's reasonable. Rodriguez is the much better striker, and while Torres will probably get a takedown or two, it won't be easy nor will it necessarily win her the fight, as Randa Markos, a significantly better grappler (albeit one with much worse cardio) found out.

Will obviously tape this, but off memory and notes, it's reasonable. Rodriguez is the much better striker, and while Torres will probably get a takedown or two, it won't be easy nor will it necessarily win her the fight, as Randa Markos, a significantly better grappler (albeit one with much worse cardio) found out.

I only watched her Markos fight but

I definitely wouldn’t say she’s the much better striker. She’s got some good Mui Thai but she’s fairly low output and Markos was able to close distance on her multiple times with marina not be able to make her pay.

Tecia will be able to find her easier, as she’s a better boxer and better with her movement than Markos and marina also backs straight up at times. She’s not particularly strong or has much of a ground game. Markos blanketed her for almost a full rd before gassing and not attempting a takedown again.

Weili zhang was able to beat Tecia by managing distance with kicks. And don’t think marina is as good as zhang and I dont think her wrestling is good enough to successfully do this for two rds

Tecia has been improving her game fight to fight, training with her butch lesbian partner rocky Pennington. She looks to be physically stronger and her wrestling and clinch game has improved.

Last edited:
I only watched her Markos fight but

I definitely wouldn’t say she’s the much better striker. She’s got some good Mui Thai but she’s fairly low output and Markos was able to close distance on her multiple times with marina not be able to make her pay.

Against Markos, Rodriguez was worried about the takedown, which explains her lower output. Against a poorer grappler in Aguilar, she was throwing far more. Her striking looked much better overall in that fight, too.

ill800 said:
Tecia will be able to find her easier, as she’s a better boxer and better with her movement than Markos and marina also backs straight up at times.

Tecia's boxing sucks; she throws powerless arm punches. Rodriguez is no great shakes herself, but her punches are more technical and powerful, her knees in the clinch are dangerous, and she will have a massive height and length advantage, which Tecia's limited stand-up skills aren't suited to combat.

That leaves the grappling aspect. Tecia, if nothing else, is a smart fighter, and will probably try to maximize her advantage in this regard. And yes, Rodriguez is mediocre at best off her back, being mounted and ground-and-pounded by Markos, whose GNP is inferior to that of Torres.

But I think Torres getting takedowns is far from guaranteed, and she will be getting beaten on the feet, so the present odds make sense.

Against Markos, Rodriguez was worried about the takedown, which explains her lower output. Against a poorer grappler in Aguilar, she was throwing far more. Her striking looked much better overall in that fight, too.

Tecia's boxing sucks; she throws powerless arm punches. Rodriguez is no great shakes herself, but her punches are more technical and powerful, her knees in the clinch are dangerous, and she will have a massive height and length advantage, which Tecia's limited stand-up skills aren't suited to combat.

That leaves the grappling aspect. Tecia, if nothing else, is a smart fighter, and will probably try to maximize her advantage in this regard. And yes, Rodriguez is mediocre at best off her back, being mounted and ground-and-pounded by Markos, whose GNP is inferior to that of Torres.

But I think Torres getting takedowns is far from guaranteed, and she will be getting beaten on the feet, so the present odds make sense.

Spot on. Thought I'd be all over Torres pre tape near evens, but actually leaning Rodriguez post tape

Me after UFC 240: Fuck betting low level WMMA bums with no fight IQ (Frota)

Me on Sunday morning: Maybe there's value on Ostovich.

Haha. I've gone through that same loop many times. Only difference is that I think there is value on Macedo.

Haha. I've gone through that same loop many times. Only difference is that I think there is value on Macedo.
Will u still think that when she goes for a kneebar/heel hook and loses position 5 times in a fight again?

I hate ostovich, but if there is one favorable fight for her.... its an undersized girl who exclusively kicks, with a negative iq grappling game ( macedo )

Marina Rodriguez will have a serious size and reach advantage btw.

I was looking forward to potentially fade that fraud Bandenay again but I can’t find much about this guy he will fight. People bet him heavily right now and the line has flipped significantly. Even though it is Bandenay, I can’t just blindly fade him against a unknown debutant.

Marina Rodriguez will have a serious size and reach advantage btw.

I was looking forward to potentially fade that fraud Bandenay again but I can’t find much about this guy he will fight. People bet him heavily right now and the line has flipped significantly. Even though it is Bandenay, I can’t just blindly fade him against a unknown debutant.

Garagorri has been a complete can crusher, but lucky for him he's just fighting a can in Bandenay. He seems to have good punching technique and really good elbows on the ground, but it's difficult to get a good read considering the level of his opponents. I'd still favor him because Bandenay is just really bad.

Humberto Bandenay training with Peruvian Edmond?

I want to bet Tecia here. She should be able to land takedowns.

Friends know when to step in. Don't take the bet! You'll **** yourself!

Who's in for a unit on Pessoa? In the fights I watched Gane looks a lot more fluid and patient but BBzao as a 9-0 heavyweight at +310 is worth a punt. Especially when its striker vs striker.

BBzao holds his chin up in the air way too much and Gane loves his overhand right but I still can't resist.

Back