UFN 162 on ESPN+ 20 Maia vs Askren

@BigNick100 *complains about wmma.

*snitches on himself that he’s waking up early for albu vs lookboonme

what a degenerate

fitziev evolev and salikhov. I'm a sucker for the last names ending in v
I’m looking at Alex white and I think he could give fiziev problems, especially if he uses his wrestling

Early in tape. Still have some more to go through but white has been around and is pretty well rounded

Yeah ok but then they just do a very long preview, I remember from last time, so the first fight will definitely be a half hour after the broadcast starts.
could be the case then

@BigNick100 *complains about wmma.

*snitches on himself that he’s waking up early for albu vs lookboonme

what a degenerate
haha but Albu vs Look-bore-me isn't the first fight of the card or else I was taking those extra 30 mins to sleep more

Yeah ok but then they just do a very long preview, I remember from last time, so the first fight will definitely be a half hour after the broadcast starts.

I wouldn't 100% count on that. I could see them just starting a little late (10-15 minutes). They may just kill more time in between fights.

No not lucky, but I don't think anyone bet Rosa thinking his PTV was to play jitz off his back and guard sub Manny.

I was on Manny and this combined with his last fight just seem to testify that he wasn't nearly the level some (myself included) thought. I think you can officially label him a prospect that's shit the bed now, he's shit the bed in back to back fights in completely different ways, both incredibly frustrating fights for anyone that's a fan or betting on Bermudez.

Stevie Rays sub line is a bit ridiculous. If the guy has one clear edge vs Johnson (who I've bet fairly big) it's his BJJ, being a decent enough brown belt that actively competes in grappling competition going against Johnson and his 8 sub losses and tendency to go full retard on the ground at times and get subbed. Idk how books managed to cap that equal to Johnsons sub line and how nobody bet that down yet.

I was on Manny and this combined with his last fight just seem to testify that he wasn't nearly the level some (myself included) thought. I think you can officially label him a prospect that's shit the bed now, he's shit the bed in back to back fights in completely different ways, both incredibly frustrating fights for anyone that's a fan or betting on Bermudez.

I never thought much of Manny tbh, faded him against Grant as a big dog (obviously didn't work out), but then cashed on Casey Kenney for a more substantial bet (3-4u iirc), with the size difference holding me back from a max bet, then 1u on Rosa. Guy has slick BJJ no doubt, but his wrestling isn't good, and he clearly doesn't take this shit seriously with his weight issues.

Albu's size difference has me leaning to the far less skilled fighter winning by simply bullying Loma. More suceptible in wmma as Loma won't have the power to keep Albu off of her. Likely still passing cause fuck its going to be ugly haha.

Why the fuck is Johnson to stop Ray like +190? There's no shame in going to a decision with most of the guys Johnson has been in with (his resume is littered with tough fighters) but he can crack and can test chins that aren't up to par... and Ray is a guy with obvious chin issues in every conceivable way shape and form from what I've seen over the years.

Lima fight was long ago, no question.

Mas result is flukier than Lawler fight bc In the Mas fight, he got caught in the first exchange, to put it generously. Against Lawler he was hurt but recovered and then subbed him. Which is more flukey? Mas fight ended before it got started. Not true of the Lawler fight. Look we are splitting hairs, but the Mas fight was flukey as it gets imo. Mas hit a flying knee 3 seconds in. Ben was relegated to smaller shows bc of his issues w Dana, but he beat everyone he faced in Bellator and One. What else can he do but beat the guys they put in front of him?

Except there is footage of masvidal preparing for the flying knee. He planned, prepared and executed it. How can it be a fluke if he planned for that exact outcome?
Lol your logic makes no sense.

I guess those years of studying for final exams and midterms were all flukey and it was pure chance the passed those tests, not the hours of studying the content.

I don't think flukey is the word to describe Mas's knee blasting a hole in Askren's face.

But there seems to be next to zero we can learn from that KO that is relevant for the Maia fight. From that perspective there is clearly slightly more to take away from the Lawler fight, even if that also is quite uninformative.

At -130 I have to bet Markos now. She can easily, easily make herself look -300 and beyond. But will she?
<Prem973>

Camacho wins inside distance+250

Anyone else going to be on that? I think the book is out on Dar's occasional porous defense and only ok chin... Camacho is the exact sort of guy to take a fight to the trenches and if he has to take a few to land his shots he can do that as well, he's tough as nails. I'm of the belief that he probably got lucky not getting blasted out last time as he appeared rocked and easy to hit before his wrestling took all that away.

Askren by KO or DEC -110 at 365, exact same as ML

Back