UFN 90 - RDA vs Alvarez - Las Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got a chance to glance at whats there so far. Duffy dec at +190 is a round robin play for sure. Clarke is tough as nails.

i wouldn't play that man. iaquinta was rocking clarke badly and i think would have finished him if he didnt dive into that choke.

duffy also with the great boxing should find that chin, repeatedly.

i wouldn't play that man. iaquinta was rocking clarke badly and i think would have finished him if he didnt dive into that choke.

duffy also with the great boxing should find that chin, repeatedly.
These three days are killing me as far as watching some tape. Didn't get to rewatch that Al fight, so thanks, didn't even remember how close Al was to finishing

props are up
Unfortunately the only books i have with MMA props are Sportsinteraction and Bodog, Inter is normally up within a couple days of the fight while Bodog pathetically only releases them on fight day. Used to be based in Australia wheres Sporstbet.com.au had them up early but I digress. The current +140 on 5dimes would probably be good enough for me to split my bets between dec and ML. Cant remember the time ive been confident on a Judges decision in a Makdessi fight either way though.

Round Robin of:
Makdessi Dec
Birchak/Lopes under 2.5
Burns ITD
Sanders Dec
Mina ITD

Have to hit 2 of the 5 to make a profit. Thoughts?

Round Robin of:
Makdessi Dec
Birchak/Lopes under 2.5
Burns ITD
Sanders Dec
Mina ITD

Think it might hit. GL to you though.

Round Robin of:
Makdessi Dec
Birchak/Lopes under 2.5
Burns ITD
Sanders Dec
Mina ITD

How do you see Birchak vs Dileno ending? Birchak by KO?

I'm already on the over, but think Sham and I are the only ones who talked about this fight? So curious about your thoughrs

Well Birchak has only shown one speed in his ufc run. Lopes has shown his chin isnt the strongest in the past. Lopes has a good grappling background with submission capabilities. So I liked the odds of something happening. All of the plays were plus odds (over +140).

I think Eddie could definitely get finished
Im late to this discussion (as always) but my 2 cents:

1) RDA has been training a lot of Muay Thai in Singapore. He looked really sharp in the footage (adding ellbows is amazing) and he is really confident in his striking coming of destruction of 2 elite strikers.
2) Eddie has been TKOed once in his 31 fight career and thas was back in 2007. BUT he gets rocked a lot. I remember him hurt in the Cerrone fight and against Chandler (have to admit I have seen Pettis fight but did not pay much attention).
3) RDA has turned himself into an amazing offensive wrestler. He mixes striking with TDs pretty well but I dont think that will be his gameplan for this fight (maybe go for a few TDs to make Eddie think).
But RDA defensive wrestling is the biggest question mark in this fight. Since Khabib grapplefuck we have not seen anyone try to constantly grapple with Rafael.
We all know Eddie can be a grinder but I feel he is a little overrated. Pettis is one of the easiest top guys to outwrestle and when Alvarez wanted to grapple with Cerrone he got stuffed bad.
4) Eddie showed to be vulnerable to leg kicks. RDA may not be Cerrone but he have nice legkicks.
5) Eddie has underrated hands. The guy can bang and has good power. He has been fighting conservative lately but he is a true savage when he wants to. Maybe he gets tagged a little more than he should but the guy has solid boxing skills.
6) Momentum goes to Rafael. He has been on a tear lately. Eddie comes from 2 split decisions against guy who either underperformed (Giblert) or were favorable matchup for him (Pettis).

With all this said I think Eddie gets some TDs but in the long term if he does not catches RDA with something BIG he will get his ass kicked.

I favour RDA but I think LiveBet may be better suited thank his ML after Round 1 Eddie manages to have some success early.

Man I wanna take a trip to jackkpot, Nv but I don't know if they'll have lines for this card.

Any chance anyone know why Mitch Clarke hasn't fought in more than a year? Actually looks like he's only been fighting once a year last few years.

me too?! is it too late?
He was talking about Li Jingliang. We can openly discuss now that the odds are out. Unfortunately, bookmakers are aware Zafir is likely to get smoked. Jingliang is -350

Oh thought people were suggesting lopes chin was strong earlier on in the thread?

Only glanced over a few of lopes fights but can see he loves submissions (67% finishing rate) and only had 1 ko loss and 18-2 record, birchak hits hard and puts on an impressive r1 start but so does lopes it appears especially with those many r1 finishes on both guys.

Lopes ufc debut fight here:

https://www.ufc.tv/video/reginaldo-vieira-vs-dileno-lopes-ufc-190

Seemed to show he can take a punch or 2 even with that bloody face, but lopes liked take downs and guillotines a lot, looks to have basic striking. I think lopes could be a live dog here but hard to not like birchak as the favourite we know he has heavy and powerful hands and can sub and has that grappling and wrestling background but both are similar so it feels a live bet play is the good choice.

Lopes was dropped twice and finished in the first season of Tuf Brazil during the first round of his opening round match to Rony Jason. Im sure his striking defense has shored up a bit sense then, but this shows his chin is crackable and against someone that has power and volume in Birchak, I think there is a solid possibility we could see a stoppage.

pyle seems like a dangerous play, hes no doubt very skilled but mina does have killer instinct and power. pyle always backs up with his chin in the air and minas got the reach and power to knock his block off imo.scary fight to bet mina is so damn gassy haha

Agreed. Pyle has not looked that good even in his victories. He's literally been wobbled or tagged very hard in all of his fights. His ability to take a shot without being rocked has gone way downhill and I also think his reflexes have gone downhill. He's the better all around fighter here, but it may not really matter if he gets tagged. I think the best bet here is that it finishes ITD.

Oh thought people were suggesting lopes chin was strong earlier on in the thread?

Only glanced over a few of lopes fights but can see he loves submissions (67% finishing rate) and only had 1 ko loss and 18-2 record, birchak hits hard and puts on an impressive r1 start but so does lopes it appears especially with those many r1 finishes on both guys.

Lopes ufc debut fight here:

https://www.ufc.tv/video/reginaldo-vieira-vs-dileno-lopes-ufc-190

Seemed to show he can take a punch or 2 even with that bloody face, but lopes liked take downs and guillotines a lot, looks to have basic striking. I think lopes could be a live dog here but hard to not like birchak as the favourite we know he has heavy and powerful hands and can sub and has that grappling and wrestling background but both are similar so it feels a live bet play is the good choice.
Yeah that was me. From what i've seen his chin is solid. On TUF Brazil one he fought Rony Jason who was MUCH bigger and who bombed him with a big punch and still couldn't put him completely out

EDIT just saw Vandelay's post but I definitely don't count it against his chin getting finished by Rony Jason. Lopes should be fighting 125 and Jason has power at FW and still couldn't put him completely out

Last edited:
Anyone knows anything about Jobuan's opponent?

yea he's a known commodity. has been discussed ITT...

muhammad is a great athlete.. great cardio. he's a point fighter, pretty much. excellent striking (in particular good striking D) and has above average wrestling. no bjj chops that i've ever seen. he uses wrestling to keep it on the feet if he's the better striker but he'll take it to the ground to either score points or if he's getting hit.

a lot of people are concerned with him in this fight because he is not eating during the day during ramadan or some nonsense. (khabib, for example, won't fight in the summer or whatever because of this.. he knows(thinks) he won't be at full capacity.)

My thoughts:
Nelson to win- Nelson has an iron chin, Lewis has a glass jaw or at best average, Lewis fought usually cans, Pesta took him down, Roy can do it, he isn't elite fighter Roy lost to
Duffy to win- talented guy, probably fights a "can" in order to go back on a victory path
RDA to win- he is a better striker, I don't think Eddie will be able to take down Rda enough times to steal at least 3 rounds out of 5.Their wrestling skills may be close, the ground game is for the one who lands on top.I think RDA will win by KO or UD mainly by strinking, both of them may get some takedowns

I'd like Baghdad's chances a lot more if I didn't see his stint on TUF. He almost lost to Artem. Artem is a different type of striker and hits like a truck when guys engage him, but for someone who is suppose to be a muay thai champion (I think) Mehdi was pretty unimpressive in that fight. And then he lost a striking battle to Juicy fucking J if i'm not mistaken? Yikes.
IIRC, I'm pretty sure Baghdad suffered a hand injury during the artem fight that carried over and hindered him in the juicy J fight. I thought he won that fight, btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back