UFN 94 - Johnson vs Poirier - Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there is an MMA only version that is free? If you use all sports and its convenient probably asking a bit much to be free

I never had much luck finding anything good online other than using cappertek which i cbf with
kinda giving away that you're the owner

Im not the owner. The owner is on the time line. I only said if its something you want, getting it for free is unlikely. How much free shit do you get daily? Nothing we want is ever free...

Robertson is pretty scrappy and has the wrestling advantage. Carneiro will be the better overall grappler though, and Robertson's cardio is definitely questionable.

4lFLMqp.jpg

Short notice:
- Rick Glenn (in for Abel Trujillo) vs. Evan Dunham [0 days]
- Albert Morales (in for Manny Gamburyan) vs. Alejandro Perez [3 weeks]

Rick Glen - http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/9/9...-glad-he-didnt-ufc-mma-news-hidalgo-interview

- UFC matchmaker Joe Silva offered him and his management team a short notice bout against Evan Dunham scheduled for next week. Glenn obviously accepted.
- I was in the back of the warehouse — Costco is where I work. I’m like, ‘Yeah! Hell yeah!’ Got changed, ran to the shop, gave a couple of my co-workers a high five, ran out.
- If he hadn’t received a UFC contract within the next year or so, Glenn said that he likely would have stepped away from the sport. (10-year career)
- Honestly, I enjoy the work there (Costco)
- Maybe I’d go to part-time. I mean, the benefits are great. I like working with the people. It’s something that’s a little more secure I guess than fighting.
- Fighting’s not the only thing that I do. I’m a hard worker — I can get my training in and work full-time still
- Glenn is moving up to the lightweight division for his debut, which he was more than willing to do. In fact, he might stay at 155 pounds for the rest of his career. The IV ban could be a deciding factor. The 27-year-old fought at lightweight in the early days of his career, and feels “a lot healthier at that weight.”
- That said, he made featherweight “unusually easy” ahead of his last few fights, so he still has some thinking to do after his debut regarding which division will be his home moving forward.
- “My wife and I eat primarily a vegan diet. I don’t know if that’s it or something mentally. But it’s weird, because I really don’t get hungry anymore. I can go all day and forget to eat. I’m always good about eating, though.

Brad - http://www.mmaoddsbreaker.com/news/ufc-fight-night-94-main-card-odds/

I’m glad Dustin Poirier went through a battle at lightweight against Joe Duffy to see that he’s able to take shots he couldn’t before, and to show that his cardio is just as solid — if not better — than it was at featherweight. Those are two very important reasons that I’m picking him against Michael Johnson here. Johnson is a higher volume striker, but Poirier is the more accurate of the two, and certainly no slouch in terms of the pace he keeps. The biggest difference in this fight will be on the ground, if Poirier can get Johnson down. I wouldn’t be shocked to see Poirier behind slightly in the early exchanges, only to come on late and win the fight. It’s a competitive one, but Johnson has faded in each of his last two fights, and I don’t think there’s reason to think the same does happen against Poirier.

All the tools are there for Derek Brunson to beat Uriah Hall, but he’s also susceptible to getting his block knocked off in this fight. I have to pick Brunson because if he takes the right approach to this one, he should smother Hall’s offense almost entirely, but for some reason I’m more hesitant than I feel I should be. Perhaps I’m reading too much into Brunson having success on the feet recently and assuming he’ll stand for longer than he should. However, after seeing Hall taken down and unable to do anything against Mousasi, Brunson should at the very least be able to control him on the mat, and be looking to implement a similar gameplan.

Rick Glenn is a quality fighter, but he’s a featherweight facing a top 15 lightweight. Perhaps he can have success using the 6″ reach advantage he has over Evan Dunham, but you have to anticipate Dunham getting inside and simply being able to bully Glenn against the cage, to the mat, and once on the ground. Maybe there’s a submission for Dunham somewhere along the way, but even if he doesn’t get one, this is a fighter who has only lost to top 10 lightweights over the past five years. Glenn isn’t that.

I think Albert Morales can definitely get to Alejandro Perez. So far in the UFC Perez has won his TUF finale, gotten obliterated by Patrick Williams, and then scored wins over a physically broken Scotty Jorgensen and perhaps the most one-dimensional fighter in recent UFC history. I’m yet to be impressed. Morales has pretty quick hands and some decent power, along with some decent submission ability. Unless Perez has made some massive leaps in his game, I think he goes down here.

Kenny Robertson is perennially underrated. He looks generic and he has a job outside of fighting, so I get it, but he’s also perfectly capable of beating nearly any fighter who is willing to grapple with him. Roan Carneiro has an edge if the fight remains at distance, but in the clinch Robertson outworks most opponents, and if/when this hits the mat Carneiro will likely be on the bottom where Robertson can neutralize his BJJ. If Carneiro manages to get top position that could be bad news for Robertson, so I’m not too confident in the pick, but if I can get a decent number here it could be another shot on a guy who has made me a decent amount over the years.

This is a solid test for Islam Makhachev, and the movement of the line will be interesting to watch as well. Like most Russians of late, he was a bit overvalued against an opponent who was beyond him in both skill and experience. Now he’s facing a guy who, while primarily known as a wrestler, flashed some much improved striking against a fighter similar to Makhachev in his last fight. Will Makhachev have the wrestling to get past Wade’s takedown defense, and if he doesn’t can he close up some of the holes in his defensive striking? If the public thinks the answer to both questions is yes and they bet him up accordingly, I may be persuaded to take a shot on Wade.

Is Brunson better standing up than Whittaker?
Hall tends to lose big fights. Brunson isn't "big" but he is very skilled and Uriah has trouble figuring out these type of guys. Mousasi win was a fluke imo.

I don't think fluke is fair.. it was an example of what hall CAN do. Would I take hall in the rematch with moose? Hell no. Not unless the price dictated it.

Like I said, I think the hall price will drop. It was +165, not +150, I mistyped that.

If Brunson was evens I'd be on him, probably. But I could see it going either way.

I do think Brunson needs to wrestle, tho. Don't think he will go nuts and try to ko hall, too risky for him

Michael Johnson in a fight that likely stays on the feet is a very hard task for anyone. Yes he lost two in a row but he probably should have gotten the nod vs Dariush and he was so afraid to get taken down in that fight for obvious reasons. Versus Diaz he did well in the first round but then Nate got in his head like he often does and after that MJ completely abandoned the leg kicks that worked so well for him in the first round and just head hunted the rest of the fight. With that said, I will still be on Dustin in this fight.

Diamond could take him down, too. Mj is hard to take down while fresh, but he could. Look how he approached the duffy fight after the firefight(s) on the feet

Speaking of which, high time I rewatch duffy-poirier. One of my favorite fights in recent memory

@EzFlyer @JimGunn how do you guys track your bets? especially round robins

I attribute the losses and wins within the RR to the fights involved. For example, my small RR on Saturday that had
Medeiros dec
Correia dec
Tavares dec
Rivera dec
Andrade dec
Borg dec

The 16 legs that lost got split between medeiros and andrade fights. The 3 that won (since borg voided) split the winning $ from the 4 winning legs

Johnson - yes, this is my first main event, I'm looking for the KO, I'm healthy for the first time

Stepping up on 2 weeks notice, signed with new management and they got this deal for me, I work in the tire center at Costco, I want the bonus money, I left the WSOF to join the UFC, it was risky, I told them I'd take any short notice fights, we're both lefty's, he's a brawler, I'm bulking up, eating pasta, I'm moving up, I can fight either weight class, I left Rofussport 1.5 year ago, I still train in Milwaukee, 360 BJJ, I train with Askren here and there and some world champ BJJ guys, the pressure is on him, he's on a win streak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back