UFN 98 - Ferguson vs RDA - Mexico City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who do you guys lean on between:

Briones vs Douglas Silva
Cannetti vs Marco Beltran

They're bound to be close in odds. I couldn't imagine anyone being a big favorite.

Not 100% sure what Brione's is good at but he can take good beating apparently. Douglas Silva has a really good record likely comprised of cans. No idea with this one.

Cannetti/Beltran has already fought on TUF. Beltran is on an unprecedented 3-0 at BW despite the fact that he is trash. Cannetti is pretty wild though and he's hardly dependable. Could see Cannetti winning with nice kicks or Beltran somehow winning a scramble and catching a RNC. No idea who the favorite will be.
De Andrade, but wanna rewatch some Briones so subject to change

Beltran decision

Looks like they're drilling on landing a straight right to counter Dariush's jab with his foot on the outside. Doesn't look like he has much for that left body kick of Benny's though. Takes 2 to tango and executing is another thing. This is gonna be a very technical fight! I'm excited to see how they adjust to eachother as the fight progresses.

Cannetti for me. He was robbed against beltran on tuf. Cannetti's weakness is his chin as hes wild but i dont think beltran has the striking or power to take advantage. Cannetti has decent td's and solid tdd he showed against beltran on tuf he is much stronger physically and beltran's tdd sucks. He had briones in big trouble in r1 with his body kicks and took a solid dec win over vianna in brazil. He has also spent time at tam. Hoping cannetti is the dog. Neither are great but beltran is bottom of the barrel.

Im not normally a dog bettor but i wouldnt rule out any dog winning on fights with odds released so far

I think that currently Sanchez has the most value. Held seems like a good stylistic match up for him.

I'm really intrigued by the wrestling battle between RDA and Ferg. We have two immovable objects colliding here both are tremendous pressure fighters. I think whoever gets pushed on to the back foot loses here and i think it will be RDA pushed back. I think he takes a shot better than RDA, and who knows how RDA will be mentally affected by having his clock cleaned by Alvarez. RDA had great success wrestling Pettis but Pettis fights on the back foot and lives with his back to the fence so he's asking to be taken down. Pettis also has suspect cardio for me. He was blowing out of his arse by r3 against RDA and Oliveira and r2 against Melendez. Ferg won't have his back stuck against the cage all fight nor be on the back foot so im not as confident as others that RDA will wrestlefuck Ferg. He also won't be blowing like Pettis was. This is my most anticipated fight this year. Gonna be a war of attrition but i like Ferg to triumph. Really intrigued to see RDA's strategy a sloppy or sprawled shot once he slows down ever so slightly could spell big trouble. I think going for takedowns on Ferg in the middle of the cage is a very risky strategy. Gonna be very interesting to see Ferg over 5 rounds which i think suits his style perfectly.

Fightmetric makes interesting reading too. Fergs lands 4.5 slpm whereas RDA is at 3. Strikes absorbed not much difference - RDA 2.5 sapm and Ferg 3 sapm. RDA td defence 66%, Ferg 78%.Td accuracy RDA 44% Ferg 50%.

Gonna get me some dog action.

I'm really intrigued by the wrestling battle between RDA and Ferg. We have two immovable objects colliding here both are tremendous pressure fighters. I think whoever gets pushed on to the back foot loses here and i think it will be RDA pushed back. I think he takes a shot better than RDA, and who knows how RDA will be mentally affected by having his clock cleaned by Alvarez. RDA had great success wrestling Pettis but Pettis fights on the back foot and lives with his back to the fence so he's asking to be taken down. Pettis also has suspect cardio for me. He was blowing out of his arse by r3 against RDA and Oliveira and r2 against Melendez. Ferg won't have his back stuck against the cage all fight nor be on the back foot so im not as confident as others that RDA will wrestlefuck Ferg. He also won't be blowing like Pettis was. This is my most anticipated fight this year. Gonna be a war of attrition but i like Ferg to triumph. Really intrigued to see RDA's strategy a sloppy or sprawled shot once he slows down ever so slightly could spell big trouble. I think going for takedowns on Ferg in the middle of the cage is a very risky strategy. Gonna be very interesting to see Ferg over 5 rounds which i think suits his style perfectly.

Fightmetric makes interesting reading too. Fergs lands 4.5 slpm whereas RDA is at 3. Strikes absorbed not much difference - RDA 2.5 sapm and Ferg 3 sapm. RDA td defence 66%, Ferg 78%.Td accuracy RDA 44% Ferg 50%.

Gonna get me some dog action.
Its a lot easier taking down a guy who moves forward, and especially one doing all sorts of weird and spinning shit. This is the easiest question of the fight to answer for me. If RDA wants to take Ferg down, very strong chance he will. Ferg can't take RDA down. Juts becomes a matter of what happens once RDA is on top or deep on the shot

Its a lot easier taking down a guy who moves forward, and especially one doing all sorts of weird and spinning shit. This is the easiest question of the fight to answer for me. If RDA wants to take Ferg down, very strong chance he will. Ferg can't take RDA down. Juts becomes a matter of what happens once RDA is on top or deep on the shot

The spinning stuff helps Ferg avoid takedowns not always but it has helped him avoid some takedowns. Ferg is normally taken down off kicks as opposed to a conventional takedown effort. Clearly forward momentum helps but Pettis wasn't moving back he was just standing there with his back against the fence.

The spinning stuff helps Ferg avoid takedowns not always but it has helped him avoid some takedowns. Ferg is normally taken down off kicks as opposed to a conventional takedown effort. Clearly forward momentum helps but Pettis wasn't moving back he was just standing there with his back against the fence.

Ferg is bigger and stronger than Pettis as well, better wrestling too. Also, if/when RDA does get him down, Ferg is very active off his back with elbows,subs,etc. He's also good at creating scrambles and he usually excels when he does.

I'm not sure who its helped him against, but literally all RDA has to do is duck under. Timing the spin for a takedown is one of the easiest ways to be successful scoring a td. Pettis fight aside, was just saying in general if you are moving forward and especially if you are moving forward with strikes like Ferg does its going to be easier and take a lot less effort to hit the td. Add to that Ferg doesn't have the best sense of keeping balance and control of his hips with his 'funky' style and its really, really hard for me to see how he would avoid RDA's takedowns.

I'm not sure who its helped him against, but literally all RDA has to do is duck under. Timing the spin for a takedown is one of the easiest ways to be successful scoring a td. Pettis fight aside, was just saying in general if you are moving forward and especially if you are moving forward with strikes like Ferg does its going to be easier and take a lot less effort to hit the td. Add to that Ferg doesn't have the best sense of keeping balance and control of his hips with his 'funky' style and its really, really hard for me to see how he would avoid RDA's takedowns.

He did it against Thomson to avoid a takedown is one example off top of my head. If you mean timing a spin in terms of spinning kick/elbow Ferg doesn't throw that stuff but he can be known do forward rolls and shit which yes could mean he ends up stuck on bottom. People can get up from under RDA tho i don't see why Ferg can't get up but obviously he could give rounds away.

It's gonna be a dog fight for sure but i like Ferg in a war of attrition i think he can get to RDA and make him wilt if he can successfully push him back

Ferg is bigger and stronger than Pettis as well, better wrestling too. Also, if/when RDA does get him down, Ferg is very active off his back with elbows,subs,etc. He's also good at creating scrambles and he usually excels when he does.

I read today he walks around at 200lbs!!!

I read today he walks around at 200lbs!!!
Yeah I heard that on Chael's show. Chael was also talking about how he used to see Ferg outworking named guys in the gym and saying they'd quit cause they couldn't handle his pace. Dude is an animal, he breaks guys in fights as well. Trujillo, Barboza, Lando all broke mentally before getting subbed., they couldn't handle the pressure. I really like Fergs chances against RDA and everyone else in the division, he is not an easy fight for anyone. Also love the odds on Ferg, hopefully they get even better.

I think that currently Sanchez has the most value. Held seems like a good stylistic match up for him.

held's takedowns have gotten awesome when he's fresh. and he's not overmatched on the feet w/diego, either

i think held cruises, honestly. only concern is if he doesn't get a sub that he might gas in the 3rd (but he might already have two rounds in the bank even if so)

Where'd you hear that? I hope it's not true. I'm starting to get nervous about these new UFC owners. All you bettors that complained in the past about weak Fight Night or Fight Pass cards like when they used to go to those small non air-conditioned venues in Brazil or elsewhere are going to be sorry you ever bitched if they cut the schedule way back.
from “MMA Underground” APP.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    267.1 KB · Views: 11
Yeah I heard that on Chael's show. Chael was also talking about how he used to see Ferg outworking named guys in the gym and saying they'd quit cause they couldn't handle his pace. Dude is an animal, he breaks guys in fights as well. Trujillo, Barboza, Lando all broke mentally before getting subbed., they couldn't handle the pressure. I really like Fergs chances against RDA and everyone else in the division, he is not an easy fight for anyone. Also love the odds on Ferg, hopefully they get even better.

Got a link bud,

For anyone interested, Eddie Bravo also talked on the UFC 204 Fight Companion about training with Ferg at Big Bear. Probably should've time stamped it and posted here lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back