UFN 98 - Ferguson vs RDA - Mexico City

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you want this guy as your AV? I heard them talking about this guy on sports talk radio of all places a while back because it was Miami guys (Dan Lebetard I think it must have been--he's the only one from Miami I can think of that's nationally broadcast). This Stitches guy seems like a class act. According to Wiki he's married with 3 kids but takes a lot of pride in slinging and just got evicted this year for not paying rent on his place. Good to see he's taken that $ he made and is taking care of his family. His wife ended one of his concerts early because he was passing out drugs to the crowd or something?

Man, only in America I guess. Can't make this stuff up.
He's a funny character, I don't even know how to explain it. His music is terrible and so is he but it's entertaining. Didn't know about him handing out drugs at a concert but it doesn't surprise me at all lol

q2A9LHd.gif
This guy provides me with more humour than Gamblou. Also I wanted to make a new account call Expert MMA Capper but sherdog banned it cause I can't have multiple accounts, damn it.

You seriously think Magomedov dominates him on the feet? I think you are underestimating Beneil a lot. Michael Johnson couldn't dominate him and MJ is about as good as they get when it comes to striking at 155. Obviously Magomedov is very technical and he's looked good in his UFC career but he hasn't fought anyone as good as Beneil is on the ground or the feet.

Also Magomedov hasn't fought in like a year and he's coming of a knee injury. Beneil will also be the first southpaw Magomedov will fight in the UFC. Toughest fight of his career by far. Now I'm not saying Magomedov can't outstrike Beneil but saying that he will "dominate" him is silly, I'd rewatch some of their fights.

"Throwback striker vs grappler matchup here" Nahhhhh

Like I said, if you don't think Dariush desperately wants to get this to the ground then we're just not on the same page here. He's decent on the feet, Magomedov is one of the best boxers at the weight. MJ, another very good boxer got robbed, most people agree on that, so I don't really know how that losing a striking battle clearly to MJ is a good thing when it comes to Dariush and his standup. Dariush has some power and good knees and kicks but he's nowhere near Magomedov's level on the feet, this is the same dude who got ko'd by Ramsey Nijem.

Striker vs grappler matchup, Dariush wants this on the ground or he's gonna get pieced up on the feet, Rashid wants this on the feet or he's gonna get dominated on the ground. If you think Dariush can outstrike Magomedov on the feet if he can't get td's then I think you're going out on a limb here but to each their own. agree to disagree.

btw don't have a bet on this fight yet, so not trying to be biased towards Magomedov or anything, really think it's a close fight but think it's not a good idea for Dariush to try to spend much time striking with him. Slightly favor Rashid but not by a whole let hence the no bet at current prices. Still one of the fights I'll most be looking forward to on this card from a skill/stylistic standpoint.

btw don't have a bet on this fight yet, so not trying to be biased towards Magomedov or anything, really think it's a close fight but think it's not a good idea for Dariush to try to spend much time striking with him. Slightly favor Rashid but not by a whole let hence the no bet at current prices. Still one of the fights I'll most be looking forward to on this card from a skill/stylistic standpoint.

I could see Rashid being slightly more tentative than normal in letting his hands go if Beneil threatens with some TD's early. MMA is weird. Better strikers get outstruck by lesser ones due to fear of being taken down. I agree Rashid looks more fluid with his striking, but the gap isn't THAT wide. And with the threat of Beneil's grappling...not sure how the striking will look honestly.

Late to the party, been pretty lazy b/c of the layoff and the fact that I tend to be lazy. Missed a better price but still made a play on Tony tko +490, guy has a huge reach advantage and a ton of power. Think he's gonna be able to land punches from distances rda will only be able to kick at and if he times the counter right, then the leg/body kicks could be countered as well.

Dariush/Rashid is very intriguing, Dariush is a great grappler despite the Chiesa sub loss, and Magomedov is a great boxer. Throwback striker vs grappler matchup here, if Dariush can get him down consistently then he'll win but if Magomedov keeps it standing then he'll have a big advantage on the feet. His win over Burns obviously gives me a bit of confidence against another largely bjj guy in Dariush but still not very confident here. Slightly lean Rashid but overall can't make a play atm, think the odds are pretty correct so will wait to see if the line moves and make a decision then I guess. Really interesting fight though.

Dariush has good striking, too, and more power

*Edit* I see others have mentioned this, hehe

Just don't think it's as simple as striker v grappler, personally .. I think we have a guy with more ways to win and he has +odds

I do think mago is likely to outpoint him if it's kickboxing for 15 mins, granted, but not a sure thing even if so

Think the line has gotten a bit worse, but I already hit Benny decision +350. I think that by far held the most value of all available lines

Dariush has good striking, too, and more power

*Edit* I see others have mentioned this, hehe

Just don't think it's as simple as striker v grappler, personally .. I think we have a guy with more ways to win and he has +odds

I do think mago is likely to outpoint him if it's kickboxing for 15 mins, granted, but not a sure thing even if so

Yeah I don't want it to seem like I'm touting Rashid here, think this is a good matchup, a lot of respect for both guys skills, etc. When I say striker vs grappler not trying to say that Dariush doesn't have solid standup but that both guys have distinct advantages in different areas and Rashid willl most likely lose if he gets taken down consistently and Dariush will most likely lose if he is forced to stand for most of the fight. Guess I just have more confidence in Rashid's advantage standing than most others do, really love his boxing.

He's a funny character, I don't even know how to explain it. His music is terrible and so is he but it's entertaining. Didn't know about him handing out drugs at a concert but it doesn't surprise me at all lol

LOL!! He's representing himself as a baller while waving a squirt gun in front of a double wide. I'm amazed it's not just a big inside joke and he's actually just a white accountant working at HR Block

Finished working perez. His stand up has improved very close first round which was all stand up with lapilus. Lost first round just to rivera but out struck him in 2nd and his movement was resembling cruz albeit not nearly as effective. Arantes has a very traditional muay thai style being a chute boxe boy and he is very hittable. Neither have ever been ko'd. Perez certainly has the wrestling to take arantes down but i dont think he keeps him down for long. Cardio adv to perez who keeps going and especially as this is in mexico. Not sure i like perez at -200 tho for parlay fodder. Do think he wins but arantes is crafty on the mat but i think perez's td's, cardio and improving stand up get him the dec here.

Watched Magomedov's first two fights. Lovely stand up but he seems to just do enough. Martin and Damm were able to get in on his hips easy enough too. Ok Martin only managed one take down (from which he absolutely dominated) but he always slows after r1, and Damm managed none but Damm is not UFC worthy. He also struggled to dis engage once they were in on his hips and/or clinched him. Defo think there could be value on Darisuh here.

Ordinarily you'd think Monday or Tuesday of fight week.. so not for another 11 or 12 days, maybe

But who knows with this break

Jeez that sucks im flip flopping so bad on this event and no odds is not helping!

So, after looking closely at Ferguson last 3 fight's, I'm changing my pick to Dos Anjos after originally picking Ferguson.

I originally had Ferguson but in his last 2 fights he was getting tagged repeatably, like at a alarming rate. Hands very low in both fights. He counts on his chin and forward pressure to ware down his opponents. He takes a punch to land one, and that style is not good long term. He got hurt about 3 times against Lando Vannata in his last fight, and almost finished.

I can now see three ways of victory for Anjos. Take downs and ground and pound to the stoppage, rocking Ferguson and finishing him or the grind out wrestling style for the DEC win. With Anjos being a Black Belt, I don't think he will worry about Ferguson's sub game. I see Anjos finishing Ferguson as the most likely outcome.

I'm now going to bet Anjos straight bet.

Last edited:
So, after looking closely at Ferguson last 3 fight's, I'm changing my pick to Dos Anjos after originally picking Ferguson.

I originally had Ferguson but in his last 2 fights he was getting tagged repeatably, like at a alarming rate. Hands very low in both fights. He counts on his chin and forward pressure to ware down his opponents. He takes a punch to land one, and that style is not good long term. He got hurt about 3 times against Lando Vannata in his last fight, and also finished.

I can now see three ways of victory for Anjos. Take downs and ground and pound to the stoppage, rocking Ferguson and finishing him or the grind out wrestling style for the DEC win. With Anjos being a Black Belt, I don't think he will worry about Ferguson's sub game. I see Anjos finishing Ferguson as the most likely outcome.

I'm now going to bet Anjos straight bet.

Tony is tough, I doubt that RDA finishes him plus I don't think RDA is that much a finisher.

Tony is tough, I doubt that RDA finishes him plus I don't think RDA is that much a finisher.
So Lando almost finished Ferguson on only 2 weeks notice and you doubt RDA has a chance to finish him? I can clearly see Anjos rocking him and following up for the stoppage. Only thing that fears me is RDA post USADA. But I still see him winning this fight now/

So Lando almost finished Ferguson on only 2 weeks notice and you doubt RDA has a chance to finish him? I can clearly see Anjos rocking him and following up for the stoppage. Only thing that fears me is RDA post USADA. But I still see him winning this fight now/
I think Ferguson underestimated Lando a bit and Lando is a more unorthodox striker than RDA. I mean its certainly possible but I just don't think its very likely. If anything I give Ferguson the better chance of finishing the fight. I probably favour RDA too just by decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back