UFN 99 - Hall vs Mousasi 2 - Ireland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't believe i'm gonna end up doing this, but Lobov by KO is going to open over +500. Think I have to make that my play. Ishihara so hittable and Lobov still has brick fists. Think this or Ishi decision are the best value lines, maybe pseudo hedge with Ishi dec. Hes one of my favorite fighters, but starching Erosa and Mexican guy who both had moments of hitting him clean does not warrant his lines in this fight.

Mousasi vs. Hall ITD -149??? Am I missing something?

Mousasi said his main mistake last time out was being too agressive. He said the matchmakers put pressure on him to show some finishes. Following his KO loss Mousasi has said he doesnt give AF now and is going to fight how he wants. ie jabfest to decision.

Career wise for mousasi this is a must win fight so he will be playing it safe similar to Leites bout.

I will be surprised to see a finish either way. i cap mousasi decision at about -200.

Mousasi said his main mistake last time out was being too agressive. He said the matchmakers put pressure on him to show some finishes. Following his KO loss Mousasi has said he doesnt give AF now and is going to fight how he wants. ie jabfest to decision.

Career wise for mousasi this is a must win fight so he will be playing it safe similar to Leites bout.

I will be surprised to see a finish either way. i cap mousasi decision at about -200.

even at 5 rounds?

i feel like i'm gonna end up having to bet hall +500 and up, out of principle. i know he was like +540 on bm last night

Its a 5 rounder also Moose/Hall 2

Early days but moose had one of the worst knock out losses in his career to hall so he either fights safety first and gets to a decision or he is so angry inside he wants to stop hall, he also has momentum coming off 2, r1 ko finishes on the flip side is hall is coming off a r1 ko loss himself.

Not gonna blame anyone for hitting moose ITD or playing the under's and not gonna be shocked if moose decision hits since hall is still tough to put away.

How is this going to work next weekend then ?

Moose vs Hall 2
Sat, Nov 19, 2016 4:00PM ET

and then

Bader vs nog 2
Sat, Nov 19, 2016 9:00PM ET

So both events will overlap each other ?

So we got 27 ufc fights to bet on in one day
gEqPLH1BVS9EI.gif

Moose vs Hall 2

and then

Bader vs nog 2

gEqPLH1BVS9EI.gif
The first UFC should end around 6PM EST, which i'm guessing is the exact same time undercard for Brazil starts

I can see mousasi finding a sub in rounds 4 or 5 but he is certainly not someone i want to depend on for a finish. If there is one guy who can seriously lack urgency to finish its mousasi.

Mousasi will only finish if Hall hands it to him. i think Hall has decent enough sub defence to survive.

I am just taking Mousasi at his word here and he has already said he doesnt care about getting finishes he just wants the w.

Mousasi has already shown what his strategy is for must win fights like this. These are 2 guys that can put on a boring fight and make a 5 round fight very uneventful. The price on the over 2.5r is good too.

Moose vs Hall 2

and then

Bader vs nog 2

gEqPLH1BVS9EI.gif

i don't think there will be an overlap

ufn 99 starts noon ET, main card is 4-6 ET, so ending at 6 ET

UFN 100 main card is schedule for 10 ET, which is probably 6 fights deep, the other 6 fights would require 3 hours prior, which means 7 ET.

my prediction is a ONE HOUR break in between the two events.

and that does NOT include bellator which will happen during ufn 100

That is good news if no overlapping, so we just have to manage to watch and bet on 27 fights in one day then :)

Mousasi dec -200???

Man I see this fight so differently. Mousasi won't risk standing so will take it to the ground = sub or GNP finish. Hall doesn't have 5 round cardio either.

This was also said about Hendo and T Wood recently.

tumblr_n7gz55Aj5D1tu7965o1_250.gif

You're right. Unlike Bisping and Wonderboy though I think Mousasi will grapple and have his way with Hall on the ground which depletes your cardio 50x faster than tentatively standing at range scared to get hit for 5 rounds. Hendo and Woodley practically stood still for most of their fights and didn't have to work

tumblr_n7gz55Aj5D1tu7965o1_250.gif

You're right. Unlike Bisping and Wonderboy though I think Mousasi will grapple and have his way with Hall on the ground which depletes your cardio 50x faster than tentatively standing at range scared to get hit for 5 rounds. Hendo and Woodley practically stood still for most of their fights and didn't have to work

I actually think Hall has ok cardio. Maybe just cuz he is inactive...

Hall can def get subbed but i would expect that in r4 or r5. Hall is pretty damn strong and has decent bjj. i could see Hall cracking in championship rounds.

If Mousasi takes him down and subs him in the first 2 rounds i will be surprised.

I don't know why everyone is guessing and surmising about the times that the two cards will start on Saturday when the info is present on UFC.tv. The Belfast card prelims starts at 12:15 PM EST and main card at 4 PM, which might end around 6 PM or a little later depending on how it goes. For the Sao Paulo card the Fight Pass prelims start a little earlier than usual at 5:45 PM, the tv prelims at 7 PM and main card at 9 PM. So it's likely that there could be some overlap depending on how late the Belfast Fight Pass main card ends unfortunately.

I don't know why everyone is guessing and surmising about the times that the two cards will start on Saturday when the info is present on UFC.tv. The Belfast card prelims starts at 12:15 PM EST and main card at 4 PM, which might end around 6 PM or a little later depending on how it goes. For the Sao Paulo card the Fight Pass prelims start a little earlier than usual at 5:45 PM, the tv prelims at 7 PM and main card at 9 PM. So it's likely that there could be some overlap depending on how late the Belfast Fight Pass main card ends unfortunately.
b53f68da4c4c44e9abaa681da90193e8.png

this isn't conclusive of start times; it usually is the best resource for exact times. there's no official distinction yet for how many/which fights are on the main card

i'm sure everyone will be clear by mid week

I got the start times from this page of Fight Pass. If this is accurate, I think we have to at least be prepared for the possibility the end of the Belfast event will overlap with the beginning of the Sao Paulo event:

YSsu4kM.jpg

Styles make fights. I think Uriah Hall will win.

Need to watch tape but pretty sure i'll be on Cummings.

I have leans but also concerns which im hoping tape watching will clear up:

Ishihara - i think he's legit and he trains at TAM now. Worried about a brick from Lobov tho.

Horiguchi - but can he be wrestlefucked

McCall - this is McCall's fight if we get the McCall from two years ago, but almost two years out and loads of injuries can i trust him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back