International UK Secretary of Defence: 'We are in a Pre-War Era'

Siver!

Sedriques Dumbass Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score

And we have come full circle.

Moving from a post-war to a pre-war world.

An age of idealism has been replaced by a period of hard-headed realism.

Today our adversaries are busily rebuilding their barriers.

Old enemies are reanimated. New foes are taking shape. Battle lines are being redrawn.

The tanks are literally on Europe’s Ukrainian lawn.

And the foundations of the world order are being shaken to their core.

We stand at this crossroads – whether to surrender to a sea of troubles, or do everything we can to deter the danger.

I believe that, in reality, it’s no choice at all.

To guarantee our freedoms, we must be prepared.

Prepared to deter – the enemies who are gathering all around us. Lead our allies in whatever conflicts are to come.

Defend our nation whatever threat should arise.

---

It's not just rhetoric.

Europe is preparing itself for the prospect of war, most likely without the help of US/NATO who are looking politically unreliable.

The UK follow Sweden in dispelling notions of infinite safety.

Personally i dont believe in some big war between countries in europe, russia currently lacks resources to wage war versus entire europe

That being said western europe barely has militaries for large scale stuff due to demilitarization so would be good if they brought them up a bit.

Cant just rely on ukraine,poland,finland and baltics to push rus back if some big war starts and usa is not helping

Personally i dont believe in some big war between countries in europe, russia currently lacks resources to wage war versus entire europe

That being said western europe barely has militaries for large scale stuff due to demilitarization so would be good if they brought them up a bit.

Cant just rely on ukraine,poland,finland and baltics to push rus back if some big war starts and usa is not helping
I think Finland can push back Russia.

I think Finland can push back Russia.

It can beat back the invasion force that was send in 22 to ukr but would lose moment it becomes war of attrition like in ukr now

Country has 5 million people and third oldest population in europe so no long term combat

no way bro, they're a threat to the entire european continent, they're about to attack britain.

It's more about European needing to prepare itself for continued encroachment of not only Russia, but their allies as well, in the instance that the US cannot be relied upon.

It's the right strategy.

The US has been known to be quite useless at the start of major conflicts in the past.

And we have come full circle.

Moving from a post-war to a pre-war world.

An age of idealism has been replaced by a period of hard-headed realism.

Today our adversaries are busily rebuilding their barriers.

Old enemies are reanimated. New foes are taking shape. Battle lines are being redrawn.

The tanks are literally on Europe’s Ukrainian lawn.

And the foundations of the world order are being shaken to their core.

We stand at this crossroads – whether to surrender to a sea of troubles, or do everything we can to deter the danger.

I believe that, in reality, it’s no choice at all.

To guarantee our freedoms, we must be prepared.

Prepared to deter – the enemies who are gathering all around us. Lead our allies in whatever conflicts are to come.

Defend our nation whatever threat should arise.

---

It's not just rhetoric.

Europe is preparing itself for the prospect of war, most likely without the help of US/NATO who are looking politically unreliable.

The UK follow Sweden in dispelling notions of infinite safety.
Does reading that give Brits a sense of unity?

It can beat back the invasion force that was send in 22 to ukr but would lose moment it becomes war of attrition like in ukr now

Country has 5 million people and third oldest population in europe so no long term combat
I was gonna say, they may be more advanced and have a more favorable geography but they’re also tiny and Russia is finally showing success because of their huge base.

It's more about European needing to prepare itself for continued encroachment of not only Russia, but their allies as well, in the instance that the US cannot be relied upon.

It's the right strategy.

The US has been known to be quite useless at the start of major conflicts in the past.
Good, you all shouldn't rely on us. And you shouldn't have come to the middle east with us either

We're officially breaking up.

Good, you all shouldn't rely on us. And you shouldn't have come to the middle east with us either

We're officially breaking up.
Think they should be able to rely on us. Strong allies makes for good outcomes.

It's the right strategy.

lol. nothing will get done.
we are ruled by the most incompetent class of politicians possible, who mostly care about how many retweets they get for the bromides they post.

I hope Michael green signs up for the army with his mate Sebastian fox...

And now theres been some document leak in germany how there will be war in 25 or some shit

Media drumming up dramatic stuff
don't think about immigration that fucks your culture up, by the increasingly difficult economic conditions, by how incompetent we all are! look at this study! WAR!!! Aren't you afraid?? Think about how afraid you are !!!

Back