International UK Secretary of Defence: 'We are in a Pre-War Era'

don't think about immigration that fucks your culture up, by the increasingly difficult economic conditions, by how incompetent we all are! look at this study! WAR!!! Aren't you afraid?? Think about how afraid you are !!!

Ukrainians thought that for a while!

Dont think your migrants give a shit. They're only there to leech off welfare and housing.

hey, i heard a guy died somewhere on the planet, you should also live in constant fear of death!

I'm not sure if you're trying to cheer yourself up, or what lol

It's just a discussion, but they're sure beating those war drums more and more...

Seems like government only function is the make life worse for the people. From the bullshit covid lockdowns, to vaccine mandates, to a shit economy, to aiding and abetting illegal immigrant invasions, to getting involved in all these wars. Who exactly is my enemy again?

I'm not sure if you're trying to cheer yourself up, or what lol

It's just a discussion, but they're sure beating those war drums more and more...
yeah, for people that can't smell manipulation.

yeah, for people that can't smell manipulation.

If it's manipulation, I can't really see the end game...

It's more likely to get them voted out for fear mongering, or signalling they're getting their foreign policy all wrong ha

Europe and the US have the capability of destroying Russia via nukes, bioweapons, computer viruses, etc. this whole Russia is going to invade NATO stuff is moronic.

You can’t just declare that, you have to talk it out first
If the people of the US don't want anything to do with Europes problems, then there isn't anything to talk about

Personally i dont believe in some big war between countries in europe, russia currently lacks resources to wage war versus entire europe

That being said western europe barely has militaries for large scale stuff due to demilitarization so would be good if they brought them up a bit.

Cant just rely on ukraine,poland,finland and baltics to push rus back if some big war starts and usa is not helping
Russia has depleted a lot of its stock but the Russian military industrial capabilities are impressive.

The war in the Ukraine is just one of many other hot territories. With the war in Gaza, and things heating up in the Red Sea, North Korea flexing their ballistic capabilities, and the Chinese continually alluding to reclaim Taiwan, the stage is set for a massive war.

While I previously brushed off all doomsday rhetoric in the past, I've never been more fearful than present day. It honestly keeps me up at night.

What a scary speech. Imagine if we were invaded and taken over by foreigners! That would be bad. We need to make sure that doesn't happen.

DDC-20190321-77022.png

If it's manipulation, I can't really see the end game...

It's more likely to get them voted out for fear mongering, or signalling they're getting their foreign policy all wrong ha
yes, cause political discourse and tactics is always successful.
they're using it because they're desperate they'll be wiped out in a couple of months so now everybody is supposed to fear the russians invading england.
jesus christ, man.

Was about time (West) European nations took maintaining their military seriously again.
The Ukraine war sure woke up most people to the real world.

The 2% target for nato nations was set for a reason.

Ukrainians thought that for a while!
Ukraine was pretty poor and had no allies willing to actually fight. Even without the US NATO countries would move in to save one another. They're also all pretty rich and have modern military if a bit underfunded.
Not to mention the geography and logistics. It's fucking absurd the idea Russia could just roll over into France or the UK.

It can beat back the invasion force that was send in 22 to ukr but would lose moment it becomes war of attrition like in ukr now

Country has 5 million people and third oldest population in europe so no long term combat
That's enough. It has to be able to survive the initial push until NATO comes in to the rescue.

I doubt people fear the Russians actually invading a large part of Europe, as the Russians themselves aren't under the illusion that they'd be able to pull that off against nato.

But that's likely not going to be their strategy either, reasonable explaination imo:

And we have come full circle.

Moving from a post-war to a pre-war world.

An age of idealism has been replaced by a period of hard-headed realism.

Today our adversaries are busily rebuilding their barriers.

Old enemies are reanimated. New foes are taking shape. Battle lines are being redrawn.

The tanks are literally on Europe’s Ukrainian lawn.

And the foundations of the world order are being shaken to their core.

We stand at this crossroads – whether to surrender to a sea of troubles, or do everything we can to deter the danger.

I believe that, in reality, it’s no choice at all.

To guarantee our freedoms, we must be prepared.

Prepared to deter – the enemies who are gathering all around us. Lead our allies in whatever conflicts are to come.

Defend our nation whatever threat should arise.

---

It's not just rhetoric.

Europe is preparing itself for the prospect of war, most likely without the help of US/NATO who are looking politically unreliable.

The UK follow Sweden in dispelling notions of infinite safety.
The only way to guarantee our freedom is to surrender freedoms to our governments.

That'll fix everything.
Oh, and more tax.

Shapps can go fuck himself. Nobody's buying his bullshit.

Europe and the US have the capability of destroying Russia via nukes, bioweapons, computer viruses, etc. this whole Russia is going to invade NATO stuff is moronic.
not the EU i can promise you that.
We're absolutely dogshit at everything now.
ten vietcong divisions would march from the black sea to vienna in a week

Back