unit thing is stupid

Wiktoruspro

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
This whole unit thing is stupid, why not just write in $ how much you bet on a fight.
Some people write for example,, I won 10 units".. ok cool but how the fuck should I know how much are 10 units for you lol

This whole unit thing is stupid, why not just write in $ how much you bet on a fight.
Some people write for example,, I won 10 units".. ok cool but how the fuck should I know how much are 10 units for you lol
Because units make comparing bet sizes possible by putting them in relative terms.

Also other than maybe ROI its the best way to actually track progress.

Because units make comparing bet sizes possible by putting them in relative terms.

Also other than maybe ROI its the best way to actually track progress.
I write always how much money I bet and how much I can win :) much easier and people know for REAL how much I win.

I write always how much money I bet and how much I can win :) much easier and people know for REAL how much I win.
Except this doesn’t tell you anything on a relative basis
A $100 bet is huge for some, peanuts for others

at least you see clear how much is someone betting
No you don't. It doesn't give you an idea of relative risk unless you have an idea of how much the risk is in relation to how much money the gambler is playing with. How are you still struggling with the concept BR management?

This isnt a dick measuring contest

$10 U bettor who makes $40 an event > $500 U bettor who makes $500 an event

Well, kind of. A $10/u bettor likely makes plays that a $500/u would never make. If everything is relative, then so is this. For instance, A $10/u guy likely wouldn't care about playing some +500 prop at half a unit. A $500/u guy would likely never make that same play. Right?

Anyways, the sentiment that 'units are stupid' is stupid.

People use units so you dont know how small time their bets are

Remember being perplexed that someone had you on ignore? Probably has something to do with posting this video multiple times ;)

I'm not one of your passive foreskin touching buddies on here Steve. Thanks for the heads up though.

Well, kind of. A $10/u bettor likely makes plays that a $500/u would never make. If everything is relative, then so is this. For instance, A $10/u guy likely wouldn't care about playing some +500 prop at half a unit. A $500/u guy would likely never make that same play. Right?

It's moreso due to limits. So many amazing lines that a $10/unit bettor could get a max bet on, but isn't worth ruining for a higher stakes bettor. Openers are no longer an option, and the large majority of books will completely limit you after winning a few grand.

It's moreso due to limits. So many amazing lines that a $10/unit bettor could get a max bet on, but isn't worth ruining for a higher stakes bettor. Openers are no longer an option, and the large majority of books will completely limit you after winning a few grand.

Ah, I see. Is the successful MMA bettor signed up to a dozen(s) different books and limited on the majority of them then? I'm on 6 books and still want to get on at least 2 more very soon, and even that feels stretched.

Ah, I see. Is the successful MMA bettor signed up to a dozen(s) different books and limited on the majority of them then? I'm on 6 books and still want to get on at least 2 more very soon, and even that feels stretched.

Yeah, no reason not to. I currently have accounts at 14 books and am limited on 10 of them. Luckily I have Pinnacle and Bookmaker who never limit so I'll always have options long term. As Canadians we have the best options in the world, if you want any recommendations on what other books you should be using send me a PM

If we’re operating under the assumption 1 U = 1% of bankroll then the hypothetical guy has a $50000 mma gambling account
.... probably has the risk appitite to throw heat on a prop or two once in awhile lol

but as Sadistics pointed out the true advantage for a small bettor is online bookie line evasion

your acting like a total unit

Back