Unpopular opinion ? I love Strickland's style and i think it's refreshing (come at me sherbros)

A plodding, super defensive fighter who only jabs. Then says shit like how he wants to be the first person to kill someone in the Octagon... blah, blah, blah. No thanks.

If Izzy didn't choke in their fight then we'd all shitting on him again for being boring as fuck.

First of, yes i realize his fights are often close fights and i realize he has a defensive approach which might seem boring at first glance.

I did predict he would embarrass DDP and i was WRONG then.

Anyway, i think his stand up game is the perfect combination of key elements : interception, protection (philly shell), hand trapping. His shots are coming from close range, he takes the center line, and he's unpredictable. I love the front kick he adds to his arsenal that messed up with Adesanya's strategy

If only he could mix it up with more wrestling it would actually be a tough style to deal with. For those who say he will never be remembered as a top MW fighter i have to strongly disagree here.

I've been a Strickland fan since the dude had hair. I don't mind his jab focused style but I really wish he would open up a bit more like he did late in the fight against DDP. He didn't seem to have the fire that he had against guys like Marshman and Imavov

He is great but should add more weapons to his arsenal. Leg kicks, high kicks and some hooks to the head. He can use his jab to set these up but seems content with just peppering his opponent.

It worked against Izzy but sometimes the 1, 2 is not enough and you need to add something more powerful.

He tried a bit at the end with DDP with the overhand rights but it was too little too late.

If his personality was the opposite of what it is right now you'd say his style was ass.

The problem is he bends his torso back so damn much and sticks his arms out to block while retreating, and that makes it next to impossible for him to throw a counter, which makes it incredibly difficult to win fights where he's on the back foot most the time.
He did the opposite vs Izzy because he also suffers the same issue. Sean moved forward doing that exact same motion because Izzy is also happy to counter. He really did have the perfect style to beat Izzy but go 50/50 with the rest of the ranked guys in the division.

I admittedly have only caught highlights of the fight, but he did a lot of damage with his jab from the look of it. If he can occasionally just sit down on his strikes and stay in the pocket for periods, he would still have the belt right now. The interesting thing is he does this in all his sparring vids, but never in his fights.

Real recognize real papa. Have a good weekend bro!

He's not just being a fan boy guys, this is true. Periera took away all of Sean's weapons. He was going to start rushing at Periera out of desperation. That left hook was coming eventually, but he figured him out super early. Jab to the chest and his no tell low leg kick is all he needed to bring Sean into his world.

This one makes you seem salty. You know fighting, it's completely his fault, but Izzy wasn't there that night. Whether he was flat, unprepared, whatever, it was his fault. Can't blame anyone else for that L. Probably had too much shit going on outside the cage with his movie and shit like that.

That said you trying to use MMA math to try to get another W for your boy reeks of desperation. You know Israel has everything he needs to take out Sean. That said, he could improve a lot in the pocket, he's not that great at in fighting.

True is true, you're a real one sir.

Back