Unpopular opinion: Woodley’s rapping is alright

Newsflash TS, that IS terrible. It’s the definition of terrible. Sounds like some shit I’d mumble with the windows rolled up while 20 minutes in to a zolpidem

Shit, after watching Mike Perry rap Woodley seems like a lyrical prodigy.

it's dogshit, i rather never listen to rap again than have this bland shit playing in any of my playlists

Mmm, no. Bland as fuck. Wouldn't listen for the gym, a car ride, or in the background while doing chores.

Newsflash TS, that IS terrible. It’s the definition of terrible. Sounds like some shit I’d mumble with the windows rolled up while 20 minutes in to a zolpidem

it's dogshit, i rather never listen to rap again than have this bland shit playing in any of my playlists

Is that Hayley Williams in your avatar? haha

You guys all missed the point. Of course it’s garbage. Near enough all rap is. To say this is any worse than what you hear on the radio is foolish

There's nothing alright about it, but at least he's having fun. I guess. He shouldn't collaborate with the other dude because it just highlights how bad Woodley is, and that guy is absolutely nothing special

Is that Hayley Williams in your avatar? haha

You guys all missed the point. Of course it’s garbage. Near enough all rap is. To say this is any worse than what you hear on the radio is foolish
it's arguably worse, this is some Trap shit bad.
there is plenty of good rap out there, i myself am more of a 90s, early 2000s, but there is some decent stuff today too, THIS certainly ain't it tho

and NO, of course not! that's my girl Charlotte Wessels from Delain (symphonic metal)
f502773ad38c71dce14ed19474bd908f83cd883c.gifv

Definitely better than Jake Paul’s rapping

As a 33 year old that’s a big rap fan. There are still a few great rappers that aren’t mainstream but Woodley isn’t even good compared to the garbage ones of the current era

Looking forward to bumping Chaos Theory tmrw

Woodley makes mumble rappers sound good, and that's an overstatement.

As far as validity and authenticity go, it doesn’t get more “real” than an ex ufc champ. Maybe a special forces soldier or something like that, but the point is that rappers are worshipped today for being gangster when all they’ve done is smoke weed their whole lives. Tyron has fought the best in the world.

As far as his music goes, his early work was… experimental. “In and out of love” didn’t sell out arenas as they’d hoped, but his newer stuff is a bit easier to listen to.

I agree it has improved. The hook was definitely ghost written by someone though. Either OT Genasis or Hitmaker. His flow still sounds like he's reading though and needs to find a smooth flow for himself where it sounds more natural coming out. He needs a bit more swag in his performance in his videos. This hook needs some Migos type energy from Woodley and better made videos. The video doesn't match the song at all, they rushed it and it could've been way better if they didn't rush the production of the video. Whole song is about being in a car with no roof and it doesn't show Woodley in a car at all in the video.

Either way much better than his earlier work. This one and his last video are decent, he just needs to be more swagged out. He should focus on the older rappers and see how they are doing it. Like Jay Z, Kanye, Nas, J Cole, Kendrick, etc. Older rappers that are still considered GOATs and still actively putting out music in their late 30s, 40s and 50s.

It is not terrible, but he is never going to make money off of it or anything.
Yeah it's costing him money too. Those features and buying beats and making videos isn't cheap. He spent a lot on the track with Wiz Khalifha. I think he should've focused on the fight and try to win it first then make some music after. If he loses it's not a great look for his immediate music career. Plus he should've been completely focused on the fight like he said he would be. A lot is riding on this fight for him career wise.

This is the only tolerable song I've heard but the lyrics are still trash. He needs a ghostwriter.

He actually had a ghost writer for that. It's a completely different flow/rhyme pattern than what he's ever used before. Most likely one of the people that was on that track with him wrote his verse. If you compare his flow/rhyme style/patterns that he uses in his other songs they are all different. He doesn't have a distinct sound/flow. His earlier tracks is him writing for himself, this one you can easily tell was written by someone else. It's not his flow style at all.

As far as validity and authenticity go, it doesn’t get more “real” than an ex ufc champ. Maybe a special forces soldier or something like that, but the point is that rappers are worshipped today for being gangster when all they’ve done is smoke weed their whole lives. Tyron has fought the best in the world.

As far as his music goes, his early work was… experimental. “In and out of love” didn’t sell out arenas as they’d hoped, but his newer stuff is a bit easier to listen to.

Is the dude after Woodley, Eli? Can't believe he became a rapper!

artworks-000081095918-s6sca5-t500x500.jpg

Back