News [UPDATE] Khamzat Chimaev Vs. Kamaru Usman Now OFFICIAL for UFC 294. Costa Out of Fight.

"possibly has agreed" only serves to annoy me. i'm with Dana on this one, i don't want to hear rumour-mill fight announcements. Either get the facts and announce or don't. Rumours are just misinformation with a side order of trying to cover your ass.

It would be an amazing fight...2 years ago. This version of Usman is going to get wrecked especially at MW.

Put an actual MW like Dolidze or Paul Craig in there instead.

Usman will KO khamzat if he comes out wild like he did vs Burns and Holland

If Usman steps in he’s gonna get crushed. Last minute replacement and busted knees isn’t going to be good.
But lord knows the Khamzat fanboys are already spinning this like it is a quality win.
His knees have been the same for years. No matter what it is a quality wi. Usman was just the champ a fight ago and would still be if that lucky head kick didn’t land in the last minute of the fight, no Leon rematch would’ve happened. Khamzat hadn’t prepared for a wrestler so it would be even more impressive

Usman will KO khamzat if he comes out wild like he did vs Burns and Holland
He won’t ko him but if Khamzat blows his load and gases trying to get a finish early then Usman could have a chance, Usman has great cardio. Khamzat also didn’t prepare for a wrestler

Reactions: MGS
Usman even with his shot knees has some of the best takedown defense. wrestling wont be a factor for Khamzat.

Chimaev has power but he’s not a super technical and quick kickboxer like Leon Edwards. Chimaev is reckless at times on the feet and i can see him getting caught

Yikes. On a losing skid, on the wrong side of 35 and facing a hungry young challenger. They tried to do this with Khamzat/Diaz and now they're gonna do it with Usman instead. Usman is obviously much better than Diaz but he is not the Usman of 3-4 years ago, who would have easily took Leon down and smashed him.

Some people in here are already trashing Usman in an attempt to diminish a Khamzat victory.
Usman has only lost to 1 guy who in 10 years, but now he’s busted knees and washed. Pathetic

I have to suspect Adesanya is on the list as a possible replacement for Costa.

Volk is already on the card; it would make sense.

On the other hand, Strickland is another potential replacement because he is a crazy motherfucker and for the right paycheck, he would do it.

However, Adesanya is more realistic.

I think Usman is physically cooked. But it's still not an easy matchup for Khamzat.

Yikes. On a losing skid, on the wrong side of 35 and facing a hungry young challenger. They tried to do this with Khamzat/Diaz and now they're gonna do it with Usman instead. Usman is obviously much better than Diaz but he is not the Usman of 3-4 years ago, who would have easily took Leon down and smashed him.
Usman did take down Leon and smash him. He would still be champ right now if the head kick didn’t land. The rematch was also competitive

A busted knees Usman at short notice and at 185?
Yea, Khamzat stans will eat this up and start acting like he's the PFP king now.

Could have sworn everyone was calling out Khamzat for ducking him just last week

This is shaping up to be a better headliner and co headliner than it was originally. Volk/Mach & Chimaev/Usman are upgrades to the original fights

Yes...my only issue is has Volk been training? I mean this is really short notice for an opponent with home court advantage. Usman on the other hand has been training but he has to go up to middle weight

Just like Paula fans, Marty fans getting the excuses ready.

Everyone talks shit about Khamzat as if he sucks but every time he's possibly gonna fight someone, the preemptive excuses come out in advance.
I don’t remember the fans of 5’5 Gilbert burns making excuses before Khamzat went life and death with him.

Back