Elections US Election Day PBP Thread

Who did you vote for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's be honest, what have either damn party done in the past twenty? Wars and more wars. There all the same brah.

More from the Hedges article I posted earlier:

Biden was one of the principal architects of the wars in the Middle East, where we have squandered upwards of $7 trillion and destroyed or extinguished the lives of millions of people. He is responsible for far more suffering and death at home and abroad than Trump. If we had a functioning judicial and legislative system, Biden, along with the other architects of our disastrous imperial wars, corporate plundering of the country and betrayal of the American working class, would be put on trial, not offered up as a solution to our political and economic debacle.
https://www.salon.com/2020/11/01/th...pair-thats-whats-killing-us-not-donald-trump/

That is why COVID-19 control, healthcare, police reform, drug reform, and energy reform hasn't been talked about constantly?

I am talking about what the top issue for people was when they voted in the democratic primary. Covid-19 was not really a thing and those other issues were talked about, but for most people I guess they were not the most important issue.

hi all,

i think at this point its looking more and more like the GOP should have gone with Tulsi Gabbard as their nominee.

- IGIT

Don't care what party she ran with she would have gotten my vote.

Hard to believe they couldn't find someone mentally competent not named Bernie. Hard to imagine Joe making it through his term.
Well, Pete Buttigieg is sharp as a tack, but he is inexperienced and gay.

Elizabeth Warren is one of the smartest people in the Senate, but too liberal and a woman.

Corey Booker was seen as too phony.

Kamala Harris didn't connect with people.

Everyone had problems.

It's not EASY to win an national election. Joe Biden, for all of his flaws, has some really incredible qualities: he's genuine (or seems it), he's completely nonthreatening (which is why none of Trump's attacks worked), he's actually a nice human being-- and that comes across when he speaks, he's non-elitist, he has a shit ton of experience, and he's a photogenic and handsome white male. All of this counts.

And yes, he would have been a better candidate in 2016 than he was in 2020... and he would have been a MUCH better candidate than Hillary was.

OK. So kinda like how the West Coast starts out blue on the real time electoral map even though they haven't started counting votes yet.

I guess it's a little bit of a surprise since I looked at the map all night at the whole time it was red with trump ahead

I don't agree with anyone calling it (and apparently NBC didn't call it, it was a troll job) at this point. It's way too close, especially if it's blue counties with the most ballots left to count.

it’s not letting me click that link for wtevr reason. I mean, if it’s about the inexplicable Biden spike, I figured there had to be some bs because it was too obvious.

You’ve been eating fake news for 5 years so it’s ok if I question or point out something without doing a dissertation on it first. We’re mostly chatting in here.

If it's so inexplicable, then why have I seen numerous people explain it to you already?

lol you don`t,that`s the whole point

One thing we know for sure, whoever wins, the other side will be claiming fraud. Trump will go to court over his loss, as he should, since there is actually video evidence of fraud. And if the result of that is Trump winning the election through new voting, democrats will say the election was stolen from them

<WellThere>

Well, Pete Buttigieg is sharp as a tack, but he is inexperienced and gay.

Elizabeth Warren is one of the smartest people in the Senate, but too liberal and a woman.

Corey Booker was seen as too phony.

Kamala Harris didn't connect with people.

Everyone had problems.

It's not EASY to win an national election. Joe Biden, for all of his flaws, has some really incredible qualities: he's genuine (or seems it), he's completely nonthreatening (which is why none of Trump's attacks worked), he's actually a nice human being-- and that comes across when he speaks, he's non-elitist, he has a shit ton of experience, and he's photogenic and handsome. All of this counts.

And yes, he would have been a better candidate in 2016 than he was in 2020... and he would have been a MUCH better candidate than Hillary was.
TULSI

hiya Fugazy,

i remember talking to a father of a friend of mine. i think he was Republican and he said cheating to win was "ok". he also said that he had other Republican friends who felt the same way.

so it probably all evens out.

- IGIT

Hiya IGIT,

I was also present for this conversation. The father used the term “cheat to win” and was actually talking about Eddie Guerrero circa 1999.

-rocketskates

I just want this nightmare to be over. Not this election, but the ridiculous screeching about everything Trump tweeted, thought, or some analyst imagined he said. I'm so fucking tired of it that I gladly accept a trump defeat at this point. I don't want to be bombarded with politics. Fuck this shit. I'm down to hear the MSM say how amazing dementia Joe is. Fuck it. Positive lies are better to hear that negative lies.

Crowder blueballed us. The videos were a nothingburger.
What, people carrying coolers isn't hardcore proof of organized election stealing?

He pacified NK in a big way. I know the left has rewritten history on this but the fact of the matter is, Kim was escalating rhetoric, nuke tests, and rocket launches so rapidly they put one into orbit and it passed over the superbowl during game.

Then Trump talked to Kim and they stopped completely, only to restart some rocket tests.

Trumps foreign policy vastly descelated the situation.

His foreign policy has brought peace to the middle east in a big way.

We can start here.

This is nonsense. The right doesn't know the history on this.
I support talks and meetings with NK, but Trump gets way too much credit for how it happened. It was Trump that was tweeting about "Rocket man" and "Fire and fury" and how "my button is bigger than yours".
Trump was escalating the rhetoric with NK.

The only reason why this changed was because of SK. It was the new SK government that went out of their way to kiss NK's ass, and then got Trump in to try and talk peace. Trump and the right wing just took credit for it.
Same shit with Iran. He's lucky that they didn't retaliate after the assassination of their general.

We don't hear about Isis anymore. Hillary and the left were jockeying with Russia in 2016 looking for the Cold war part 2 as well. Expect all that shit to change.

Exactly. Hillary and Obama's foreign policy literally created ISIS, I mean literally. They weren't jockeying for a cold war, they engaged in one. It was all about removing Putins naval access to the Mediterranean. Russia rents a naval bases out of Tartus Syria. This was why Hillary and Obama funded and trained radical muslims in Syria to overthrow Assad. These were referred to as "moderate rebels".

They helped form ISIS, who Trump defeated.

The left is a culture of lies.

Again, just stop man. The actually "size" of the sea people isn't important. And there is consensus that the sea peoples were diverse and not homogeneous in culture.

Very profound consensus, actually.

Of course it's important if you're trying to determine their actual impact.

While it's likely they sacked some cities in some areas, we're talking about cities that have been embroiled in conflict and weakened by disaster for centuries.

It seems much more likely they're the symptom rather than the cause of the collapse.

Roving bands of bandits and pirates just trying to survive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back