Usman and Edwards beat Khamzat

TheBulge

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
We've already seen how sloppy he is in an actual stand-up fight, and the only way to keep it standing is if your sub threats are good enough(Burns) or you have elite TDD/scrambling.

His cardio has already looked like a weakness in his last 2 fights. He lacks the fight IQ, experience and ego-control to not be susceptible to adrenaline dumps. He's not taking down Usman, that man is a brick wall especially since they're all expecting it. He might get a TD or two against Edwards but he won't keep him there.
Both have elite cardio and will push him to the edge. Both have more refined striking and mental toughness.

I don't even see Khamzat beating Colby either. Untill he can show that he can stick to gameplans I don't see it. He has a primitive out-dated style of looking for the finish at all times. He doesn't have Oliveira's enormous experience to get away with that.

Khamzat's run is coming to an end soon. Unless he gets rid of the shtick and uses gameplans but he has doubled down instead.

We've already seen how sloppy he is in an actual stand-up fight, and the only way to keep it standing is if your sub threats are good enough(Burns) or you have elite TDD/scrambling.

His cardio has already looked like a weakness in his last 2 fights. He lacks the fight IQ, experience and ego-control to not be susceptible to adrenaline dumps. He's not taking down Usman, that man is a brick wall especially since they're all expecting it. He might get a TD or two against Edwards but he won't keep him there.
Both have elite cardio and will push him to the edge. Both have more refined striking and mental toughness.

I don't even see Khamzat beating Colby either. Untill he can show that he can stick to gameplans I don't see it. He has a primitive out-dated style of looking for the finish at all times. He doesn't have Oliveira's enormous experience to get away with that.

Khamzat's run is coming to an end soon. Unless he gets rid of the shtick and uses gameplans but he has doubled down instead.
<JackieThumbsUp>

Weird takeaway considering he beat a very legit contender in Burns and just gave Krvin Holland the worst loss of his career.
He can beat both Usman and Edwards but it would require lots of preperations, planning nad intense training. He is more than capable.

Weird takeaway considering he beat a very legit contender in Burns and just gave Krvin Holland the worst loss of his career.
He can beat both Usman and Edwards but it would require lots of preperations, planning nad intense training. He is more than capable.

Burns was elite but has a completely different style, the only things you can take out of that fight for Khamzat are negative if you're trying to match him up against Edwards and Usman.

Losing to the 3 best WW's doesn't mean you're not elite yourself btw. Khamzat just doesn't look like he's there yet. At all.

as soon as khazmat comes up against usman and colby, he gets the beating of his life.

His cardio is dog shit.

His cardio is dog shit.
giphy.webp

Interesting takeaway.

Leon (who i'm happy for, for winning the belt) got repeatedly taken down by Usman.

What makes you think that someone who's a faster, better wrestler and significantly better submission grappler doesn't take (and hold!) him down, ultimately submitting him?

Leon (who i'm happy for, for winning the belt) got repeatedly taken down by Usman.

What makes you think that someone who's a faster, better wrestler and significantly better submission grappler doesn't take (and hold!) him down, ultimately submitting him?

He's not a better wrestler than Usman. More importantly, he is nowhere near the endurance grappler Usman is, which is how the latter outgrappled Edwards.

Khamzat has about 1 round of that kind of wrestling pace before he's cooked for the next 4 rounds. His biggest weapon in this matchup are his subs but Edwards has never been subbed, defends himself very well and will be prepared.

We're talking about the elite of the elite here. Khamzat can't rely on an early finish in this era. If he can't adapt he's screwed.

He ragdolls both but you're talking about Shavkats division. Zat is a 180er now.

Also, Shavkat ragdolls both.

Edwards, Usman, Shavkat, potentially Colby if he can overcome the size difference, even Burns could potentially win a rematch. First fight was close and Burns would have confidence going in to a rematch that he can hurt Khamzat..

Leon is the bones Jones of the division. Too smooth, too good everywhere. He's big for the division, extremely well rounded. High fight IQ. He has everything.

Usman is winnable for Khamzat but he could keep it standing and land that 1-2 and put Khamzat's lights out.

Shavkat is better everywhere besides the wrestling.

Last edited:

I read your post twice and I am still looking for any kind of substance or proof. <{vega}>

You could have just written: “Khamzat sucks ass everywhere and there are better fighters. He is going to lose”

agreed, his cardio is his downfall, if the takedowns doesnt work he is in trouble against the ones you mentioned. holland is not a top tier ww.

Usman is aging, his time is done.

I don’t see any scenario where Leon “Hail Mary” Edwards beats Khamzat.

Colby and his complete lack of finishing power wouldn’t even consider taking this fight.

Burns gets finished in 1 round in a rematch where Khamzat follows his gameplan.

Shavkat is the only challenger.

agreed, his cardio is his downfall, if the takedowns doesnt work he is in trouble against the ones you mentioned. holland is not a top tier ww.

it's not even his cardio, I'd bet he has good cardio but you can have the best cardio on the planet it doesn't matter if you go full bore non stop

I read your post twice and I am still looking for any kind of substance or proof. <{vega}>

You could have just written: “Khamzat sucks ass everywhere and there are better fighters. He is going to lose”

So you need me to sum it up in one sentence? Fine.

Khamzat has displayed a lot of raw talent which he is incorrectly harnessing and will be taken advantage of by the elite soon.

As far as proof, just watch his fights.

We're going to spend all of 2022 and half of 2023 on just Usman/Leon rematches. Khamzat hasn't had the chance to fight either fighter. We pretty much knew Khamzat was a top fighter ready for a title shot back in October 2021 when he just ragdolled Li Jingliang. He was -550 odds against Burns, so everyone knew he was ready for the top. Basically as a fan of Khamzat you would've had to wait from end of 2021 until end of 2023 for a title shot. Imagine an undefeated football team you had to wait over 2 years to see them play a superbowl.

Usman got taken down by Leon, but Khamzat won't be able to? Lmao delusional.

Usman got Leon down with ease but doesn't have the finishing ability to stop him on the ground, Khamzat has vicious GNP and slick subs.

As long as he makes the weight, Khamzat kills your favourite fighters, deal with it.

Back