Valetina exposed tonight

No you are the one whose speculating. We saw Santos fight for three rounds with both eyes in tact and she won all three of them on most scorecards.

The striking on the feet wasn't particularly meaningful in either direction for the first three rounds; it more or less cancelled out with a slight edge to Shevchenko.

Valentina only began having meaningful success on the feet after the clash of heads. Theres no reason to believe Santos would not have enjoyed similar success during the final two rounds had the clash of heads not occurred.

20 out of 28 media members scored the fight for Valentina. Most people didn't have it 3-0.1
To those saying Santos kept taking her down yet did no damage........ I ask what damage did Val do to out show Santos enough to make up for the take downs. Only damaging blow by Vsl I saw was an illegal head butt. Maybe Santos wasn't doing much damage but was taking her down and controlling the fight.

I had it 4 - 1 Santos just because Val didn't do anything either and the only thing to separate the rounds really was the tske downs unless you count the head butt as offense.

Scoring the 4th round for Santos because of a late takedown is the WORST part about MMA judging. If all people scored like that it would be a terrible sport.

Where did I say anythign about erasing history?

She is no longer the perfect invincible GOAT or whatever the fuck you fanboys drown yourselves on though

Yes, you are. You are saying that losing this fight makes her no longer the GOAT...which makes no sense. She is stiil the GOAT regardless of this loss (gifted win).

Nice examples but the rest of the media scores will dissapoint you.

I am seeing overwhelming evidence in favor of Santos. That is what I am saying. Besides. the dirty fighting tactic of head-butting changed the dynamic in the final round. Santos broke her orbital bone. She might have still been robbed, but it would have left little doubt she won more convincingly.

It's not my fault your thread is hyperbole and has no merit. Exposed how? She was just in a close fight. She wasn't blown out. She won segments of the grappling. Post what you want and drown on whatever ignorance helps you cope. Don't get angry.
Meh, you are arguing with the strawman in your head.

Scoring the 4th round for Santos because of a late takedown is the WORST part about MMA judging. If all people scored like that it would be a terrible sport.
I Valentina would have been convincing in the rd before the late tske down you would be right. But other then a illegal head butt she didn't really do much other than be the aggressor the tske down was the only thingvod substsnce done in the round.

The number of people on this forum that don't understand the scoring criteria is just baffling...

Maintaining a dominant position doesn't score you points, noobs... With nearly no significant strikes landed (rd2) , you have to take cumulative damage as the scoring criteria...

Exposed my ass. God I hate this sub.

I wouldn't say exposed, but a shatterpoint was definitely revealed, and unfortunately for Bullet, much like with Masvidal and his, it seems to be something instinctive and unfixable at this point. If it were fixable, she probably would have adjusted mid-fight. It will be hard for her to unlearn reaching to clinch when her opponent closes distance, especially given her age and how long she's done it for seemingly because it generally is a good idea. Luckily for her, not every opponent will be able to take advantage of this "weakness" similar to Mandy and opponents needing to have cardio, chin, pace and pressure to beat her as well as good enough grappling to at least neutralize long enough to wear her down and break her.

Back