Video | OU football player Spencer Jones seriously injured after street fight with MMA practitioner

To be fair, the ufc did give an immediate contract to the officer who beat up Kimbo in a viral video.

I forget his name but he fought John Lee Hinkle in the ufc, lost the fight, and was hospitalized after.

Sean Gannon and he fought Branden Lee Hinkle. You were about 40% right.

Sean Gannon. Holy shit was that ever a drubbing.

3f10c-15585173643985-800.jpg
Usually my go to answer for worst beating in the UFC. He got absolutely mauled.

Just googled him, last fought in 2016, a submission win over Marvin Babe. He's fought some tough competition, lost a fair few but he was legit.

Sean Gannon and he fought Branden Lee Hinkle. You were about 40% right.

Yeah I didn’t bother looking their names up before posting. He definitely lost and was hospitalized tho lol

Yeah I didn’t bother looking their names up before posting. He definitely lost and was hospitalized tho lol

No worries.

Yeah Gannon looked horrible. Pretty sure he lost his job as a police officer for taking that fight too.....or maybe he was fired after the Kimbo fight footage surfaced.

Based on this footage alone, the MMA guys are fuckwads. They had the football players under control instantly but nevertheless continued to beat on them to the point of nearly destroying Jones' eye permanently. I understand randoms doing this sort of thing, because they are scared or even someone with training doing it because the situation requires it. This was not the case here.

Sounds like we've got a case of an Internet Justice Crusader that's never been in a fight before.

When you are in a fight you don't have anything "under control" until your opponent is unconscious and your environment is completely controlled. You also have very little understanding of what's happening as you are fighting, it's mostly pure instinct with very little "thinking" involved - apparently he broke dude's orbital but while he was going for that modified RNC/Arm Triangle the dude was throwing punches over his shoulder, so how in the fuck was he "under control instantly"? And how the hell is supposed to know he "destroyed his eye" he landed some punches from mount and took his back in like 5 seconds and yet he should know the extent of damage he caused and have completely situational control of a drunken bathroom brawl all because he has MMA training?

Jean Jacket instigator who got face-planted into the wall/stall and then ate some heavy GnP before the video cuts out is more debatable; that being said, that guy appears to be the initial instigator and as noted it's tough to understand instantaneously what's going on when fighting someone. He might not have realized dude went out kind of when he hit the wall, the video cuts out right after he lands a couple follow-up strikes and for all we know he got up right after those, which would seem reasonable to me. Now if he kept landing flush power shots from mount on dude while completely unconscious then yes, that would seem excessive and deserving of some type of legal charge but the video evidence cuts out before we get to that point.

TLDR - this isn't an MMA fight, you and your bro are fighting a couple aggressive, wasted football players on the piss-soaked bathroom floor of a bar. At any moment one of their buddies could soccer kick you in the head from behind or someone could pull a gun. The fight is under control when they are sleeping or in fetal position crying uncle.

is better than most of the fights tomorrow night including the commentary. You had two fights at once and unpredictable commentary with genuine enthusiasm. If Rogan was announcing the bathroom fight....Oh, Oh, unbelievable! If Dominick Cruz.....Spencer is getting taken down on purpose so he can let Bathroom Askren gas himself out. We've heard it before.

Even though Chase hit the guy with a clean punch to start the fight and I really didn't think that much damage was going to be done.

The guy filming should get joe rogans job

EY GUILOTINE! EY REAR NAKED CHOKE!

also what was the guy doing with the jeans jacket guy for the whole video? just holding him? I hope he wasnt trying to drag him down the entire time because that was some weak shit in that case

Seems like he is waiting for a place to slam him without hitting his buddy

Don't ever fight in a bar bathroom. The dude that got slammed has herpes all over his face now.

Sounds like we've got a case of an Internet Justice Crusader that's never been in a fight before.

When you are in a fight you don't have anything "under control" until your opponent is unconscious and your environment is completely controlled. You also have very little understanding of what's happening as you are fighting, it's mostly pure instinct with very little "thinking" involved - apparently he broke dude's orbital but while he was going for that modified RNC/Arm Triangle the dude was throwing punches over his shoulder, so how in the fuck was he "under control instantly"? And how the hell is supposed to know he "destroyed his eye" he landed some punches from mount and took his back in like 5 seconds and yet he should know the extent of damage he caused and have completely situational control of a drunken bathroom brawl all because he has MMA training?

Jean Jacket instigator who got face-planted into the wall/stall and then ate some heavy GnP before the video cuts out is more debatable; that being said, that guy appears to be the initial instigator and as noted it's tough to understand instantaneously what's going on when fighting someone. He might not have realized dude went out kind of when he hit the wall, the video cuts out right after he lands a couple follow-up strikes and for all we know he got up right after those, which would seem reasonable to me. Now if he kept landing flush power shots from mount on dude while completely unconscious then yes, that would seem excessive and deserving of some type of legal charge but the video evidence cuts out before we get to that point.

TLDR - this isn't an MMA fight, you and your bro are fighting a couple aggressive, wasted football players on the piss-soaked bathroom floor of a bar. At any moment one of their buddies could soccer kick you in the head from behind or someone could pull a gun. The fight is under control when they are sleeping or in fetal position crying uncle.

‘Complete situational control’...

<Oku02>

Oh wow... tell me more about street scraps and fighting sherdork.

The ‘aggressive’ football players were completely defenseless as soon as the fight hit the ground. They offered zero effective resistance - not even as far as being difficult to control.

The guy who got his orbital smashed had no clue what he was doing and did nothing beyond throwing weak punches behind his head.

You spin some nonsense about a dangerous scene, multiple opponents, risk of weapons being pulled ..yet it is the mma guys who took the fight to the ground and continued to pound on the helpless footballers when they very clearly done, completely unconcerned with the possibility of people jumping in, getting stabbed, etc. This should tell you something. They had a feel for the room - you are pulling bullshido yarn out of your ass.

I’m not a pacifist. When someone gets aggressive and steps up to me, I immediately start throwing. It’s the only smart thing to do. That said, once the guy folds and is very clearly done, it is stupid and reckless to keep hitting him. That’s how people get maimed and killed. If you’re not concerned about any of that, then remember your bullshido learnings about guns and soccer kicks. Stay safe out there.

‘Complete situational control’...

<Oku02>

Oh wow... tell me more about street scraps and fighting sherdork.

The ‘aggressive’ football players were completely defenseless as soon as the fight hit the ground. They offered zero effective resistance - not even as far as being difficult to control.

The guy who got his orbital smashed had no clue what he was doing and did nothing beyond throwing weak punches behind his head.

You spin some nonsense about a dangerous scene, multiple opponents, risk of weapons being pulled ..yet it is the mma guys who took the fight to the ground and continued to pound on the helpless footballers when they very clearly done, completely unconcerned with the possibility of people jumping in, getting stabbed, etc. This should tell you something. They had a feel for the room - you are pulling bullshido yarn out of your ass.

I’m not a pacifist. When someone gets aggressive and steps up to me, I immediately start throwing. It’s the only smart thing to do. That said, once the guy folds and is very clearly done, it is stupid and reckless to keep hitting him. That’s how people get maimed and killed. If you’re not concerned about any of that, then remember your bullshido learnings about guns and soccer kicks. Stay safe out there.

"completely defenseless as soon as the fight hit the ground" says guy who has clearly never been in a fight in his entire life before.

How the fuck do you know they offered zero resistance? Were you fighting them or were just watching a one-minute abbreviated clip that started after the "wrestlers" were assaulted? Looked like plenty of resistance to me - football player with his orbital broken was throwing shots over his shoulder and instigator in jean-jacket wouldn't have gotten his head slammed into a wall if he didn't initiate the fight in the first place...do you think he just accepted that his buddy was going to get beat up and let the other dude hold him well he watched? Of course not, he was also in a fight at that time for fucks sake.

You take a bigger guy to the ground where you can dominate and he can't hit you as hard - the goal isn't to hold him down, it's to incapacitate him fella: this means unconscious or fetal-position tapping.

What I posit about getting kicked in the head or a weapon being pulled is the entire reason why you don't take someone down and hold onto them without using damage - once you decide to be in a fight you have no idea what your opponent is capable of; they could gouge your eyes, bite you, attack your crotch. The way you make yourself safe is by rendering them incapacitated, not by holding onto them and doing no damage and presuming you have control of a fight when you actually don't (since you aren't rendering them unable to cause harm). You also have no idea if someone is going to "join the action" so the sooner you can end the fight the better - ending the fight = rendering opponent unconscious or incapable of offering attacks.

LOL @ "they had a feel for the room" - they made a split-second decisions to fight back and at that point your goal is to end the fight as fast as possible. Getting in a brawl in a piss-soaked bathroom with dozens of randoms and spectators....yeah tons of "feel" for the action in there....

Your statements about them being helpless aren't supported by the video we watched; dude with broken orbital is still attacking dude on his back. As I noted, the video ends right after we see jean-jacket get slammed and start to eat heavy shots from mount.....then the video ends. If it went for 5-10 seconds longer and dude was still unloading on his limp body then I would see your point.

Seems like you just have a hard-on for football players that bully people and think they can sucker-punch and intimidate without consequence.
<Neil01>

Last edited:
"completely defenseless as soon as the fight hit the ground" says guy who has clearly never been in a fight in his entire life before.

How the fuck do you know they offered zero resistance? Were you fighting them or were just watching a one-minute abbreviated clip that started after the "wrestlers" were assaulted? Looked like plenty of resistance to me - football player with his orbital broken was throwing shots over his shoulder and instigator in jean-jacket wouldn't have gotten his head slammed into a wall if he didn't initiate the fight in the first place...do you think he just accepted that his buddy was going to get beat up and let the other dude hold him well he watched? Of course not, he was also in a fight at that time for fucks sake.

You take a bigger guy to the ground where you can dominate and he can't hit you as hard - the goal isn't to hold him down, it's to incapacitate him fella: this means unconscious or fetal-position tapping.

What I posit about getting kicked in the head or a weapon being pulled is the entire reason why you don't take someone down and hold onto them without using damage - once you decide to be in a fight you have no idea what your opponent is capable of; they could gouge your eyes, bite you, attack your crotch. The way you make yourself safe is by rendering them incapacitated, not by holding onto them and doing no damage and presuming you have control of a fight when you actually don't (since you aren't rendering them unable to cause harm). You also have no idea if someone is going to "join the action" so the sooner you can end the fight the better - ending the fight = rendering opponent unconscious or incapable of offering attacks.

LOL @ "they had a feel for the room" - they made a split-second decisions to fight back and at that point your goal is to end the fight as fast as possible. Getting in a brawl in a piss-soaked bathroom with dozens of randoms and spectators....yeah tons of "feel" for the action in there....

Your statements about them being helpless aren't supported by the video we watched; dude with broken orbital is still attacking dude on his back. As I noted, the video ends right after we see jean-jacket get slammed and start to eat heavy shots from mount.....then the video ends. If it went for 5-10 seconds longer and dude was still unloading on his limp body then I would see your point.

Seems like you just have a hard-on for football players that bully people and think they can sucker-punch and intimidate without consequence.
<Neil01>

The more you type, the more it confirms that you are a clueless weenie.

I mean seriously. Your hours of watching UFC, youtube and stealing peaches in your dojo have been completely useless and have actually made you dangerously stupid. You have no idea what is happening in the video.

The football players are assholes, no doubt, but the correct move here would have been for the mma guys to walk away. A little head shove is not an assault. It does not warrant the mma guys actually taking the fight to the ground in a crowded toilet, at the risk of an actual threat emerging. Of course, being a dumb kid raised by the internet makes you incapable of processing any of this. Good luck out there, you’re going to need it.

The more you type, the more it confirms that you are a clueless weenie.

I mean seriously. Your hours of watching UFC, youtube and stealing peaches in your dojo have been completely useless and have actually made you dangerously stupid. You have no idea what is happening in the video.

The football players are assholes, no doubt, but the correct move here would have been for the mma guys to walk away. A little head shove is not an assault. It does not warrant the mma guys actually taking the fight to the ground in a crowded toilet, at the risk of an actual threat emerging. Of course, being a dumb kid raised by the internet makes you incapable of processing any of this. Good luck out there, you’re going to need it.

You are truly a hysterically amusing individual - I thank you for the chuckles.

Does your nose just randomly start leaking blood for no reason? The video starts and curly hair has a leaker, so he’s already been assaulted. But you don’t care about that, you just care about your boyfriends getting beat down for being bullies who assault people without recourse typically.

Everyone is different so I wouldn’t look down at anyone for not fighting there. The smartest thing to always do is de-escalate and/or avoid fighting at almost all costs. Even if you got cheap shotted escalating a fight is always dangerous - that being said if you’ve ever been around drunken men in a bar or club you’d know that hitting someone will lead to an escalation 99%+.

I hope the next time you get punched in the face you take the high road and show us internet tough guys how a real man turns the other cheek.

Good luck with your continued delusions of reality.

Back