"Volk is still PFP #1" - Dumbest take on Sherdog right now

Let me get this straight... Volkanovski loses a clear unanimous decision to Islam, therefore he should retain his #1pfp status? Oh wait... Volkanovski put up a good fight so he should definitely still be #1 PFP?

<{cruzshake}>

The bias is fucking real. One set of standards for Islam and one set of standards for Volkanovski. Both weighed 155lbs and both fought as lightweights on that night. Volkanovski failed. Islam was successful. It's like Colby and Usman 2 all over again - "COLBY PUT UP A GOOD FIGHT SO HE MUST BE THE NEXT BEST WELTERWEIGHT" headass.

Respect to the NEW #1 PFP fighter. And respect to JBJ in advance for becoming the next PFP champion next month!!!

<JonesDXSuckIt><JonesLaugh>

Islam just did what he was supposed to do, except he did it less impressively than he was supposed to.

Volk displayed the kind of skill that almost negated the significant weight disadvantage.

Tbh, I hadn't rated Volk as p4p #1. I do after last night, however.

I think volk looked great, islam looked good, islam clearly won a close decision, and volk is still clearly the P4P #1 fighter.

Those are all pretty factual to be honest, if you put bias aside.

Jon Jones reclaims his pound for pound title in 3 weeks anyway. I turned off the PPV after Yair/Emmett.

Volkanovski is clearly the P4P#1 still.

He moved up a weight class to fight the number 2 and gave him an infinitely harder fight than any other lightweight in the World has. What does that tell you?

If Islam can cut to feather and beat Volks then he'll be #1. We all know what would happen if they met at 145 though, Islam would lose badly. If Islam can win the belt at 170 then he has a legit claim to being #1. You don't become P4P#1 by staying in your division, much less going to hell and back with someone much smaller than you.

In Boxing many people believe former Cruiserweight Usyk is the P4P king and that if he beats Tyson Fury it will be beyond doubt.

Imagine if Fury won a tight fight against Usyk on points then claimed to be the P4P#1 as a result? People would piss their pants laughing.

So it should be with Islam, who correctly won the decision last night IMO but endured an incredibly hard bout against a legend who proved his P4P greatness in defeat.

If Islam goes up to 170 and wins the belt then we've got a conversation to have, right now there is none. How anyone can watch last night's fight and think "shit, Volks isn't the P4P king after all" is beyond me.

Volk the smaller guy beat the living dog piss out of Islam. He gave him a permanent slur. I think volk earned his position.

Because he's a FW, finished the fight, fresher, on top and beating the LW champ.

Now we know Kamaru or Khamzat would probably finish Islam, does that mean Islam is ahead of them just because he's not taking that risk?

It's like if Moreno was fighting Peireira, lost by decision in a competitive fight, and ending up with a narrative than Peireira is a better fighter than Moreno.

Pound for Pound is a purely subjective title and so unable to reach a general consensus over.

with that being said, Volkanovski himself “put the title on the line” and so now Makhachev appearantly is the P4P #1

He was a lightweight today. he was not a featherweight today.
These tactics don’t work. He weighed in as a lightweight.
If he weighed in as a featherweight to fight Islam. You would have a point.
He got outs truck and beaten by Islam.

A crybaby thread. "uihh ohh dumb sherdog for having different opinions"

The irony of you complaining about my opinion because I don't like a certain opinion... Don't be a hypocrite buddy

<6>

Lol putting the p4p spot on the line would be a catchweight at 150lbs

The fact that the fight was so close and could've gone either way suggests Volk is still the p4p #1

"Could've gone either way"

<BidenShutIt>

Sleep on it before you carry on spewing more fake news. Islam won 3 rounds, possibly even 4. Don't know how judging works? Then don't suggest Volk is the winner.

Because he's a FW, finished the fight, fresher, on top and beating the LW champ.

Now we know Kamaru or Khamzat would probably finish Islam, does that mean Islam is ahead of them just because he's not taking that risk?

It's like if Moreno was fighting Peireira, lost by decision in a competitive fight, and ending up with a narrative than Peireira is a better fighter than Moreno.
You should try to convince Volk himself.
<{outtahere}>

Man, It takes some kind of special mongoloid to not understand what p4p means. But that's sherdog for you, congrats TS!
Volk CLEARLY #1 P4P

Reactions: lsa
Back