Television Wait ... so X-Men's Onslaught was hated by fans?

I really only know of him from Marvel vs Capcom and he was a bitch.

Cassandra Nova is the villain in Deadpool Wolverine movie too. Wonder how that will go

Onslaught was a very mid to late 90's villain, pretty forgettable, not much personality, just an event villain. As was pointed out the Dark Xavier thing was done before with The Entity (a Shadow King alternate much like some other x-villains like Elias Bogan), and though Onslaught had Magneto added on it was just one of those villains meant to be event threats to get a bunch of heroes to face them rather than be interesting in and of themselves. They brought him back like four times (recently too during the Krakoa thing from what I recall, and there's an alternate universe story with Onslaught going o right now from what I know; I keep up with some comics even though I don't really read them, kind of like wrestling because I used to enjoy both 20 or so years ago).
Cassandra Nova was much more interesting, made by Grant Morrison and though he often gets caught up in trying out wild concepts that go a bit overboard his stories are usually something you don't see done by others. She had far more personality than Onslaught as well.
I disagree with the o.p. about Apocalypse's background. The Rise of Apocalypse miniseries was one of the better major villain origin stories and his original X-Factor appearances gave off very much a Dr. Doom or High Evolutionary vibe of a noble villain that had something more going for him and could easily end up fighting with the heroes against some other threat rather than a pure malevolent or vengeful villain type (they even had him fighting other villains like The High Evolutionary and Loki because he disagreed with their methods).

That's cold, Iron Man.
clean.jpg

Onslaught was a very mid to late 90's villain, pretty forgettable, not much personality, just an event villain. As was pointed out the Dark Xavier thing was done before with The Entity (a Shadow King alternate much like some other x-villains like Elias Bogan), and though Onslaught had Magneto added on it was just one of those villains meant to be event threats to get a bunch of heroes to face them rather than be interesting in and of themselves. They brought him back like four times (recently too during the Krakoa thing from what I recall, and there's an alternate universe story with Onslaught going o right now from what I know; I keep up with some comics even though I don't really read them, kind of like wrestling because I used to enjoy both 20 or so years ago).
Cassandra Nova was much more interesting, made by Grant Morrison and though he often gets caught up in trying out wild concepts that go a bit overboard his stories are usually something you don't see done by others. She had far more personality than Onslaught as well.
I disagree with the o.p. about Apocalypse's background. The Rise of Apocalypse miniseries was one of the better major villain origin stories and his original X-Factor appearances gave off very much a Dr. Doom or High Evolutionary vibe of a noble villain that had something more going for him and could easily end up fighting with the heroes against some other threat rather than a pure malevolent or vengeful villain type (they even had him fighting other villains like The High Evolutionary and Loki because he disagreed with their methods).
A 10 year story like the infinity saga, including all movies and culminating in AOA. Now that would be epic

Cassandra Nova is the villain in Deadpool Wolverine movie too. Wonder how that will go
Maybe the silver surfer girl is in the wrong movie. Almost like they feel the need to have a young female to get at people's emotions. So many opportunities for awesome storytelling etc. This has been written by many in the berry. Clearly they know that we need security in the whirl Kreg. Number 2 slippery salamander shit.

I think Cyclops was the only one who could initially pierce Onslaught's armor.

Back