Wait, some Sherdoggers actually think Izzy beats Jones?

Jones struggled with Reyes and Santos, and couldn't finish Anthony Smith.

Prime Jones wrecks Adesanya. Current Jones? I dunno Sherbro.

He couldn't even finish a one arm OSP too.

No, in MMA he is yet to prove that.

People are vastly over rating a spectacular performance against a Costa that it was plain as day to see was tailor made to produce that result. (Feel free to check my post history if you think I'm just saying this in hindsight.)

Jon is an extremely creative striker who is very aware of range and rarely ever gets countered on top of having a size and strength advantage, a decisive plan B to fall back on and one of MMAs best camps when it comes to game planning.

Don't get me wrong, I fucking love Izzy, he's possibly my favorite current fighter, (aside from Aldo and Andy on the rare occasion he fights), but fighting Jon is a terrible idea and will only result in hurting his career in the long run. He really has no path to victory that I can see, especially considering he doesn't bring that 1 punch power you earlier mentioned to the table and will have to rely on out pointing Jon over 5 rounds while possessing very few advantages that would allow him to do so.
His head movement and striking fundamentals are much better. He had 80 kickboxing fights and nearly won a world title in that sport.

Sherdoggers also thought Santos winging wild, missing haymakers deserved to win a championship <Lmaoo>

<DCWhoa>

{<jordan}

@GoshiShun17 get your ass in here dawg.
I saw the profile pic, congrats on the baby but you've got some 'splaining to do bradtha...

Jones isn't some guy who Izzy has reach and length on like all the rest. Jon is Izzy's height with 4.5 inches of reach on him. You think he isn't gonna use that? You think Jon Jones is gonna stand there and be Izzy's punching bag ? Lmfao stop. ..

Jones isn't Kelvin, Yoel, or Whittaker bro -- he's gonna actually use his wrestling, and take that boy down. Then its gonna get ugly real quick. Also, everything that Izzy can land in KBing range, Jon can too, but keeping Izzy out of reach.

Throw in elbows, knees, and a GOAT chin, and Izzy is unequivocally fucked.

Stop the bullshit bro.

If Izzy beats Jones . I'll delete my account.
Yep. It would be the 1st fight in Jon's UFC career that I would bet against him.

I even bet on him when he was fighting my boy Shogun. I knew what was coming.

I think Izzy has all the skills needed to beat the Jon I've seen lately..

His head movement and striking fundamentals are much better. He had 80 kickboxing fights and nearly won a world title in that sport.
I'm well aware of his Kickboxing credentials as a big Kickboxing fan and I don't disagree he is technically proficient fundamentally but MMA striking and Kickboxing are 2 very different things.

Machida has far better fundamentals in his Karate striking approach, Shogun had better Muay Thai fundamentals and Anderson has had the greatest mix of fundamentals and technique when it came to mixing aspects from several striking arts into MMA striking.

No offense but "he has better head movement and striking fundamentals" is a none answer most often used by people who don't actually know what they are talking about but think it sounds good enough to pass as knowledge.

Not saying that's you but there is very little evidence to support your claim when comparing him with Rua and Machida who were both technically sound elite MMA strikers in there time, Machida being one of the most unhittable guy's in the sport for a long time with exceptional footwork, feel for range, timing and strike selection both offensively and defensively.

I'm a huge fan of Izzy and am not trying to downplay his skills, he's an extremely talented elite MMA striker but he also has flaws and isn't at such a different level of striking he will come in with a bigger advantage than any of the other top strikers Jon has faced.

Look at Roundtree vs Saki. Roundtree had no business beating Saki, (one of the best kickboxers ever who actually did win a world title), on the feet based on the massive gap in technical skills and in a Kickboxing ring he never would have but in an MMA cage he KOed him.

<DCWhoa>

{<jordan}

@GoshiShun17 get your ass in here dawg.
I saw the profile pic, congrats on the baby but you've got some 'splaining to do bradtha...

Jones isn't some guy who Izzy has reach and length on like all the rest. Jon is Izzy's height with 4.5 inches of reach on him. You think he isn't gonna use that? You think Jon Jones is gonna stand there and be Izzy's punching bag ? Lmfao stop. ..

Jones isn't Kelvin, Yoel, or Whittaker bro -- he's gonna actually use his wrestling, and take that boy down. Then its gonna get ugly real quick. Also, everything that Izzy can land in KBing range, Jon can too, but keeping Izzy out of reach.

Throw in elbows, knees, and a GOAT chin, and Izzy is unequivocally fucked.

Stop the bullshit bro.

If Izzy beats Jones . I'll delete my account.
I favor Jones to beat Izzy. But Jones arguably lost to Marreta. It isn't crazy to think Izzy beats Jon. All your lols are unncessary and make you seem threatened. It makes sense to favor Adesanya over Jones on the feet. And when's the last time Jones took his guy down and elbowed him? You don't see how people are favouring Izzy here? Silly question, you're probably still lyao.

I'm well aware of his Kickboxing credentials as a big Kickboxing fan and I don't disagree he is technically proficient fundamentally but MMA striking and Kickboxing are 2 very different things.

Machida has far better fundamentals in his Karate striking approach, Shogun had better Muay Thai fundamentals and Anderson has had the greatest mix of fundamentals and technique when it came to mixing aspects from several striking arts into MMA striking.

No offense but "he has better head movement and striking fundamentals" is a none answer most often used by people who don't actually know what they are talking about but think it sounds good enough to pass as knowledge.

Not saying that's you but there is very little evidence to support your claim when comparing him with Rua and Machida who were both technically sound elite MMA strikers in there time, Machida being one of the most unhittable guy's in the sport for a long time with exceptional footwork, feel for range, timing and strike selection both offensively and defensively.

I'm a huge fan of Izzy and am not trying to downplay his skills, he's an extremely talented elite MMA striker but he also has flaws and isn't at such a different level of striking he will come in with a bigger advantage than any of the other top strikers Jon has faced.

Look at Roundtree vs Saki. Roundtree had no business beating Saki, (one of the best kickboxers ever who actually did win a world title), on the feet based on the massive gap in technical skills and in a Kickboxing ring he never would have but in an MMA cage he KOed him.
Shogun was an extremely hittable fighter even in his prime. He got outstruck by Lil Nog and ate multiple H-bombs from Hendo in their first fight. Machida's striking fundamentals are much more basic than Israel considering Shogun only needed 1 round to beat him in the rematch. Are you denying that Israel has good head movement? His reflexes are insane. It's what separates him from other kickboxers trying to transition into mma since he doesn't rely on the Dutch style which places an emphasis on a high guard with big gloves hence why Saki was beaten by Roundtree. In every fight he's constantly able to move his head out of the danger zone with the 2 most notable examples being against Costa and Whittaker.

One sided ass fucking with izzy being the power bottom, unwillingly

Prime Jones would defeat Izzy but now I'm not so sure...

Jones arguably lost his last two fights, while Izzy is looking better and better.

I personally can’t fathom someone thinking something so stupid.

I never thought that Anderson could beat Jones when that hypothetical bullshit was being spoken of & Silva being a black belt probably has much better defensive grappling skills ( guard ) than Izzy
I’m not saying Izzy can’t win, but I think it’s very unlikely, Jones will take him down at some point and smash him

Jon nullifies Izzy with side kicks to the lead knee all day

Jon can easily attain clinch inside with his long as reach and put him on his ass with his Greco background

IF Jones uses his wrestling. His past two opponents denied him and didn't give him the chance lmao

Reyes beat him, dude is far from being that good
He decisions average fighters and only finishes old men, and he hasn’t even been able to do that in YEARS

Jon Jones would absolutely obliterate Israel Adesanya, but if he can't, then the UFC should be shut down because Jones losing would prove that kickboxing is inherently superior to MMA.
Yes because one single fight _ even with lots of fights showing otherwise , is valid proof.

Back