Wait, some Sherdoggers actually think Izzy beats Jones?

Jones had two very close last fights, that could have gone either way. Jones doesn't seem unbeatable anymore, he is past his prime. Izzy the Last Humper is in his prime now. I get it why some would think Izzy has a chance.
I'd still favor Jones though. All he needs to do is take Izzy down and maul him.

First of all...you're way too sensitive about someone on Sherdog not agreeing with you that your favorite fighter would win a fight...you sound like a child.

Now,

1- This is my original post.
"If Pereira knocked out Izzy, what's to say Jones can't?
If Vettori fought Izzy to a split decision, what's to say Jones can't?
If Kelvin hurt and dropped Izzy, what's to say Jones can't?

You see how dumb that is?
Don't ever mmath bro"

Do you not see the last 2 sentences. Let me capitalize them for you ---

"YOU SEE HOW DUMB THAT IS?"
"DON'T EVER MMATH BRO"

By that, you should clearly understand what I meant by that so stop telling me that I believe it.

2- Nobody is avoiding of answering your goofy ass questions about why Izzy who's been in the UFC for 2 years loses to arguably the greatest fighter of all time, who also happens to be bigger, stronger, and have reach on him as well. Are you stupid?

He loses because he doesn't have the power to hurt Jones, or the strength or frame to not get taken down eventually. Jones is a much more well rounded fighter with much more experience in finding ways to win against every possible style for the past 12+ years. .

So let's sum it up -
Size
Strength
Power
Clinch
Equal versatility with striking to Izzy
Reach
Wrestling
Experience

It's not rocket science bud.

If you're so confident, bet your account. End of story.
Well shit, though I disagree with your take on the fight, you're right I did miss those last two sentences,and here I am looking stupid again. Not going to dig myself further into a hole. My whole argument was you were using MMAmath and you weren't. My bad, sorry for being a dick head sherbro.

Outside heavyweight Izzy has as good a chance as anyone IMO

So Jonny boi is canceling his HW debut and will cut all that weight down to 205 again?

Well shit, though I disagree with your take on the fight, you're right I did miss those last two sentences,and here I am looking stupid again. Not going to dig myself further into a hole. My whole argument was you were using MMAmath and you weren't. My bad, sorry for being a dick head sherbro.
It's all good bro, happens to the best of us.. I hespect you for admitting fault. I apologize if I was being a dick myself.

But if you wanna break this scrap down, I'm up for it. I'm not a fan really of either guy so I promise I'm not being biased when I tell you I think Jones beats him. I just think he's a bit much for Izzy man... The chin, the size, the experience. Izzy has a lot of versatility on the feet and can land on anyone but Jones is really versatile with strikes himself and I think he'll find a way to not get hit cleanly on the head much, land some grimmy kicks himself, and eventually just make it a clinch, grappling dirty fight and find a RnC. That would be my prediction. As much as I hate Jones, he's a smart, savvy fighter who finds a way to win, you gotta give him that.

It's because there's a clear path to victory for Israel that hasn't been there for Jones' past opponents. If the fight stays on the feet Izzy has a massive advantage, but anyone that's watched MMA understands the danger of larger grapplers and the problems it poses. Jones hasn't exactly been able to dominate with his wrestling, so there's the possibility that Izzy keeps the fight standing and picks Jones apart.

After I've seen the sparring footage of Izzy vs Rumble, I think that Izzy could give Jones trouble.

Jon Jones would absolutely obliterate Israel Adesanya, but if he can't, then the UFC should be shut down because Jones losing would prove that kickboxing is inherently superior to MMA.

That doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

Well.. a smaller, lesser MW in santos almost did it with one leg... so, yeah.

Izzy is a better boxer, MUCH faster with both his footwork and his hand speed, has more power in his punches, there kicks are about even.

Adesanya doesn’t give up as much height and reach that jones is used to, Jones can’t wrestle for shit anymore since he has to limit his roids, and he’s simply not as good as he used to be while Izzy is better than ever.

Might be Brandon Vera all over again. Might be that we learn how Supervillain Jones loses

Yeah, except for the small detail of Israel being a world class kickboxer and Jones' striking being lackluster.
Sure but Jones has a phenomenal chin and about 5 inches of reach on Izzy. That will be something Adesanya hasn't dealt with at this level yet. Plus, Izzy isn't exactly untouchable on the feet. All in all, I just think Jones is too experienced, savvy, well rounded, strong, long for Izzy and at the end of the day I believe if he game plans for it he can pull that wrestling card out of his back pocket and muck up the fight in a way that Izzy hasn't seen before.

There's a bit of recency bias with this matchup now because of Izzy's amazing performance vs Costa . If we were having this conversation a few months ago, I'm not entirely sure that so many Sherbros would be favoring Izzy.

It's like betting against the early 2000s Lakers - they always find a way.

Prime Jones would smash him in one round. Like he would take him down and elbow a fucking hole through his head.

Jones in 2020 might not even attempt a take down. It would probably be a close fight, which says how good of a striker Jones has become with his awkward style. I think it's a close fight.

It's all good bro, happens to the best of us.. I hespect you for admitting fault. I apologize if I was being a dick myself.

But if you wanna break this scrap down, I'm up for it. I'm not a fan really of either guy so I promise I'm not being biased when I tell you I think Jones beats him. I just think he's a bit much for Izzy man... The chin, the size, the experience. Izzy has a lot of versatility on the feet and can land on anyone but Jones is really versatile with strikes himself and I think he'll find a way to not get hit cleanly on the head much, land some grimmy kicks himself, and eventually just make it a clinch, grappling dirty fight and find a RnC. That would be my prediction. As much as I hate Jones, he's a smart, savvy fighter who finds a way to win, you gotta give him that.

Nah bro you're good, I would've gone harder if the roles were reversed honestly, don't really deserve your graciousness.

Anyway I'll admit I'm being biased, but I'm trying my best to keep it out of my analysis. I agree with everything you're saying, if this were picto or prime Jones. Obviously his fight IQ isn't going to deteriorate, but his reflexes and decision making aren't what they were in say the DC 2 fight (which he was all dick pilled out for). I'm not questioning his will to win or his IQ at all, he wouldn't be such a long reigning champion otherwise.

The thing is that Jones dropping his belt and asking if we'd be mad if he came back to take it from Jan was very telling. He was obviously running from Reyes, he'd act insulted whenever he was asked questions about the rematch and would deny that fight was ever offered to him, even though Dana said otherwise publicly. I believe the reason he's planning a move up to HW is because he's not confident in his ability to deal with the speed anymore. At heavyweight he'd be the faster more agile fighter again.

Think about it, Jones even called it at the preflight presser, he told Reyes in his face that all he had was a straight left and the occasional body kick, even mocked him for claiming he's a superior athlete. But what happened in the fight? Jones being well aware of what Reyes brought to the table, couldn't stop Doms offense, and was taken to his most controversial decision to date (which have been stacking up lately in his career). A lesser striker in Jan showed everyone just how limited Dom is, and yet Jon couldn't deal with him.

Jan is also slow for LHW, which is why Jon "teased us" with moving back down. The guy isn't stupid when it comes to his career. All of his decisions are extremely calculated. He doesn't like fighting guys who are faster or have a similar frame to him, these guys have caused him the most problems.

That brings me to Izzy. He's the same height as Jones, at a slight reach disadvantage, but I believe this would be nullified by the difference in striking ability. Besides Jon mostly uses his arm length defensively for framing. Jon isn't a big jabber must of his punches are in close, he mostly uses kicks at distance. Izzy is a master at kicking, striking ranges, and their defense. I don't think Izzy would fall for Jon's traps, nor would he be picked apart from the outside. He'd punish Jones with his superior countering ability and speed.

Clinching and wrestling dept is all Jones, obviously. That said Jon has had trouble getting guys of similar build to the ground. Izzy having his kickboxing style rooted in Muay thai, probably has a pretty decent clinch, I haven't really seen him work it much, but I don't doubt it's there. I don't think he'd be lost there, even when it comes to trips and singles. Training in the clinch for a long time helps you guage when your opponent is shifting weight to attempt any movement in the clinch. Dropping levels is pretty major and I think Izzy would pick up on it pretty quickly.

If Jon does get Izzy to the ground with time to spare, I think Izzy has a rough couple of minutes and is most likely finished, however I can see him surviving for upwards of a minute. How long can Jon survive on the feet?

<DCWhoa>

{<jordan}

@GoshiShun17 get your ass in here dawg.
I saw the profile pic, congrats on the baby but you've got some 'splaining to do bradtha...

Jones isn't some guy who Izzy has reach and length on like all the rest. Jon is Izzy's height with 4.5 inches of reach on him. You think he isn't gonna use that? You think Jon Jones is gonna stand there and be Izzy's punching bag ? Lmfao stop. ..

Jones isn't Kelvin, Yoel, or Whittaker bro -- he's gonna actually use his wrestling, and take that boy down. Then its gonna get ugly real quick. Also, everything that Izzy can land in KBing range, Jon can too, but keeping Izzy out of reach.

Throw in elbows, knees, and a GOAT chin, and Izzy is unequivocally fucked.

Stop the bullshit bro.

If Izzy beats Jones . I'll delete my account.
No one cares about your account bro. Jones has been squeaking past inferior middleweights for years.

Izzy dusts him.

Izzy has a secret weapon, he doesn’t need eye pokes to stun the opponent when he can
edc7df3e314c.gif
There's a great YouTube video that has put all Jon's "eyepokes" together in one compilation. Everyone should watch it so this "eyepoke" narrative can finally be put to bed.

It shows that less than a handful of these "eyepokes" he's been accused of over the course of his 20 fight UFC career actually were eyepokes.

In 20 fights he has committed 3 clear eyepoke fouls which is at or below average.

For the record I like Izzy much more than Jon, Izzy being this decades Anderson, (or at least the closest think to it), but this "Jon has only dominated top contenders for a decade because of eyepokes" narrative is a complete fallacy and needs to stop.

I get people don't like the guy, he really isn't a very likeable guy outside of the cage, but the ridiculous lengths people will go to in an effort to make it seem like he isn't one of, if not the, greatest fighter the sport has seen to date because they dislike him as a person is getting tiring.

Jon Jones is a shitty human being, I think almost all of us can agree with that, but, when he enters that cage I can't think of anybody that can compare to him as far as skillset, heart and fight IQ are concerned in the history of the sport and while Anderson and Fedor are my 2 all time favorites I honestly can't see either beating him prime for prime.

Love him or hate him as a fighter Jon's the best there's ever been IMO.

There's a great YouTube video that has put all Jon's "eyepokes" together in one compilation. Everyone should watch it so this "eyepoke" narrative can finally be put to bed.

It shows that less than a handful of these "eyepokes" he's been accused of over the course of his 20 fight UFC career actually were eyepokes.

In 20 fights he has committed 3 clear eyepoke fouls which is at or below average.

For the record I like Izzy much more than Jon, Izzy being this decades Anderson, (or at least the closest think to it), but this "Jon has only dominated top contenders for a decade because of eyepokes" narrative is a complete fallacy and needs to stop.

I get people don't like the guy, he really isn't a very likeable guy outside of the cage, but the ridiculous lengths people will go to in an effort to make it seem like he isn't one of, if not the, greatest fighter the sport has seen to date because they dislike him as a person is getting tiring.

Jon Jones is a shitty human being, I think almost all of us can agree with that, but, when he enters that cage I can't think of anybody that can compare to him as far as skillset, heart and fight IQ are concerned in the history of the sport and while Anderson and Fedor are my 2 all time favorites I honestly can't see either beating him prime for prime.

Love him or hate him as a fighter Jon's the best there's ever been IMO.

Edit: Just to save you the effort if you're one of those posters, (sorry, don't recognise the name), yes, I am totally overcome with emotion right now and that's the only reason I took the time to write such a thorough explanation of my opinion. I assure you it wasn't easy to do through the river of tears streaming down my face, lol. (Pure sarcasm in case it wasn't clear).

It's because there's a clear path to victory for Israel that hasn't been there for Jones' past opponents. If the fight stays on the feet Izzy has a massive advantage, but anyone that's watched MMA understands the danger of larger grapplers and the problems it poses. Jones hasn't exactly been able to dominate with his wrestling, so there's the possibility that Izzy keeps the fight standing and picks Jones apart.
You mean the multitude of KO artists he's beaten over the past decade while steadily improving his own striking game.... Are they the guy's you are saying didn't have the "clear path to victory" Izzy will enjoy based on his spectacular finish of an opponent everyone should have seen was tailor made to produce that spectacular performance for him?

I say this as someone who is a bigger fan of Izzy than I am of Jon but your statement is blatantly false with all due respect.

Izzy vs Jon will be a huge mistake for Izzy if it happens and for that reason I hope it doesn't.

Back