Social War Room Lounge Thread #320 - Don't tell me what to do, you're not my dad. Wait, are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are anyone else’s allergies even worse this year? (I feel like I ask this every year) but my eyes feel like there’s grains of sand in them, I’m sneezing about 9 times in half an hour (yes I counted)

Are you familiar with the urban legend that if you sneeze 7 times in a row, you'll get an org - ah, nevermind.

They have a right to be upset, it really doesn’t matter if it was meant to offend or not, you know that right? It’s just like if someone says no offense but….you need to know better
Why do they have a right to be upset? Can't they just ignore it like everyone here would if that thread were not started in the first place?

Idk that it'll make a huge difference either way, people who support the transday will feel good about it and people who dislike transfolks will be mad about it. If outrage wasn't whipped up about this fake story then his bad faith critics would've found something else to complain about. If anything this makes me more sympathetic to Biden and only confirms why I have to vote for him. Otherwise I might've found the pandering slightly distasteful but the dishonest criticism helps put things in perspective.
Again, will see. Think straddling the fence is the perception and pandering. But it got us talking so.

It’s really good.
I don’t have enough time for more tv. I have invincible right now each week then I guess GoT is back in in the summer. I can’t go through a whole series. If I’m a season behind, there isn’t any hope.
is there a search result limit on sherdog? things only go back 5 pages.
PotWR voter roll was 300 posts in that year because that’s the number of posts the search would generate with no keywords

There's an entire thread on this . . . . go check it out.

But since you need clarification . . . . I had originally saw this as something 100% selected by Biden. It wasn't until later that I did some research and found that it was something created back in 2009 as some international day of recognition for the trans community. I have acknowledged the fact that Biden didn't recognize the day until 2021.

If I'm irritated about anything Biden might have done, it's based on the poor timing of his declaration. My personal opinion is that the person who picked March 31 (back in 2009) could've done all of us a favor and not picked a date that may have coincided with Easter. I'm not a Muslim so I have no clue what special days have been reserved for them to have an opinion on whether they'd be offended or not. If they were, I'd understand.
It's still Easter for Christians. This is a secular country and there is zero need to keep Christian holidays unsullied and made soley theirs. This really is a manufactured outrage, especially considering it was named years ago and not specifically on Easter, you can still celebrate it without having to go to a trans parade or drag show.

It's his campaign imo. But its not a good look. Should have respected the holiday that the country was founded on.
The Pilgrims came here for religious freedom and we became a British colony. I'm pretty sure when the country was founded they specifically wrote the Constitution to allow religious freedom and ensure we remained secular.

He found himself in another tough spot. But I think the administration could have addressed and massaged the situation a little better. It’s just another indication of the fundamental disconnect he has with the majority of the country.
This trendy trans thing was started 10 years ago while Easter has been celebrated since the second century.
Kind of puts things in perspective.
I could understand if he called the Easter Bunny a homo and Jesus a transvestite. I know some of you guys complaining aren't conservative religious radicals so it's a bit perplexing to see such an outcry over this.

They have a right to be upset, it really doesn’t matter if it was meant to offend or not, you know that right? It’s just like if someone says no offense but….you need to know better
People have a right to feel how they want but they don't have a right to insist their feelings can dictate how others act and if they're acting in bad faith, as the Biden critics are in this case, then it makes sense to dismiss their criticism.

What exactly are you proposing Biden should've done? Not acknowledge the transday of visibility despite the fact that he did so 3 years in a row? You don't see how that would be offensive?

I could understand if he called the Easter Bunny a homo and Jesus a transvestite. I know some of you guys complaining aren't conservative religious radicals so it's a bit perplexing to see such an outcry over this.
you obviously mistook me for someone who gives a fuck.
lol. good day

Another tweet? It was posted several pages back.

This is emblematic of these outrage camapgins.

First the argument is that he should not have decided to acknowledge the transday for the first time on Easter. Once you point out that this goes back 15 years and Biden first recognized it three years ago the goalposts shift and its how about Biden didn't properly acknowledge Easter. Then you show that he did in fact tweet about Easter in addition to the Easter event at the White House and now its that Biden should've just ignored the transday despite having already acknowledged it three years in a row.

It shows that for many on the right there is a zero-sum mentality. Acknowledging transfolks is inherently incompatible with acknowledging Easter and Christians, it must be one or the other. Once you realize that many on the right see politics through a zero-sum game it explains many of their positions on matters like welfare and immigration and housing policy and so on.

This is emblematic of these outrage camapgins.

First the argument is that he should not have decided to acknowledge the transday for the first time on Easter. Once you point out that this goes back 15 years and Biden first recognized it three years ago the goalposts shift and its how about Biden didn't properly acknowledge Easter. Then you show that he did in fact tweet about Easter in addition to the Easter event at the White House and now its that Biden should've just ignored the transday despite having already acknowledged it three years in a row.

It shows that for many on the right there is a zero-sum mentality. Acknowledging transfolks is inherently incompatible with acknowledging Easter and Christians, it must be one or the other. Once you realize that many on the right see politics through a zero-sum game it explains many of their positions on matters like welfare and immigration and housing policy and so on.
I think there was also a story about Biden banning religious symbols during the Easter party, but then it came out that this has been the policy since the 70s. There are probably tons of people who just read a headline or facebook meme and now believe that Biden literally created a new tranny holiday himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back