Social War Room Lounge Thread #320 - Don't tell me what to do, you're not my dad. Wait, are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taking the boys camping as we have only a couple of days of nice weather. Anyone else?
Weather is starting to get nice this weekend. Still have a few more days of maple boiling season to capitalize on. Camping to follow soon. You do organized campgrounds, or back woods?

I bought a $300 safe from Costco a few weeks ago, but after hearing that the $30million heist in LA included opening a safe I feel less confident in my home security.
I've gotten into several safes without even needing tools. It's remarkably easy.

Weather is starting to get nice this weekend. Still have a few more days of maple boiling season to capitalize on. Camping to follow soon. You do organized campgrounds, or back woods?
Prefer back woods but my boys are 7, 5 and 3. Gotta stay close to civilization. Started them out at my dad's. He has 40 acres an 1.5hrs west of Houston. Prime spot with a pond. It's good training ground for them. If something happens we just head up to the house. Planning an Austin hill country trip after this weekend if the weather doesn't get too hot. Bet you've got some awesome places up there. Maple boiling for syrup?

Prefer back woods but my boys are 7, 5 and 3. Gotta stay close to civilization. Started them out at my dad's. He has 40 acres an 1.5hrs west of Houston. Prime spot with a pond. It's good training ground for them. If something happens we just head up to the house. Planning an Austin hill country trip after this weekend if the weather doesn't get too hot. Bet you've got some awesome places up there. Maple boiling for syrup?

You hunt or fish?

Yeah buddy, we tapped about 125 maple trees this year. we've gotten somewhere in the neighbourhood of 200-250 gallons of sap which boils down to about 5-6 gallons of maple syrup.

What in the motherfuck?

Walkers-CajunSquirrel.jpg

CAOVvWPWcAA8cM4

Last edited:
Taste similar to rabbit. Highly underutilized game meat.

I've never eaten rabbit either so I don't have a base of reference here. The most "exotic" animal I've ever eaten was an alligator and scorpion.

Last edited:
I've gotten into several safes without even needing tools. It's remarkably easy.
Yeah I knew I wasn't buying a highly sophisticated piece of equipment at the time of purchase. Have it bolted down in an awkward spot with a bunch of shit on top of it. Better than leaving my precious fortune just sitting out and if the safe does get spotted then it might slow the thieves down by a couple minutes.

Yeah I knew I wasn't buying a highly sophisticated piece of equipment at the time of purchase. Have it bolted down in an awkward spot with a bunch of shit on top of it. Better than leaving my precious fortune just sitting out and if the safe does get spotted then it might slow the thieves down by a couple minutes.

@Cajun

Damn, is that you holding a squirrel and a rifle? Are them furry critters good eatin' or hwhat?
I remember reading a story, maybe in American Rifleman, where the author visited his grandma out in the Appalachians or somewhere and he used the rifle he had as a kid to go out hunting for squirrels. When he got back his granny complained he killed them all with headshots and ruined the brains... <{clintugh}>

I remember reading a story, maybe in American Rifleman, where the author visited his grandma out in the Appalachians or somewhere and he used the rifle he had as a kid to go out hunting for squirrels. When he got back his granny complained he killed them all with headshots and ruined the brains... <{clintugh}>
Need the brains to tan the hide

@Cajun

Damn, is that you holding a squirrel and a rifle? Are them furry critters good eatin' or hwhat?
Yeah my first squirrel. My dad cut off the stock of a four ten so it would fit on my shoulder. Fried squirrel, biscuits and syrup for breakfast is good.Also squirrel jumbalaya

Last edited:
Ate them once at a friend's. Wasn't a fan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back