Social War Room Lounge Thread #320 - Don't tell me what to do, you're not my dad. Wait, are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
IRVING, TX (March 27, 2024) – 7-Eleven, Inc., the world’s largest convenience retailer, today announced a collection of new 7-SelectTM sparkling waters in a variety of bold and cutting-edge flavors. The retailer teamed up with art-inspired beverage brand Miracle Seltzer to create a lineup of sparkling waters with flavors including: Lemon Lime, Green Apple, Sweet Orange and Hot Dog, a twist on one of 7-Eleven’s most beloved snacks, the Big Bite® Hot Dog.

The Big Bite Hot Dog Sparkling Water combines the delicious and mouthwatering experience of 7-Eleven’s iconic Big Bite Hot Dog into one refreshing beverage – ketchup and mustard included. Gone are the days of alternating bites of a hot dog with sips of a beverage, now those on the go can swap the bun for bubbles.

“While crafting flavors like Lemon Lime and Sweet Orange came more easily, our journey took an unexpected turn with the creation of Big Bite Hot Dog Sparkling Water – a daring flavor that pushes the boundaries of flavor innovation,” said Marissa Jarratt, 7-Eleven, Inc. Executive Vice President, Chief Marketing & Sustainability Officer. "7-Eleven is constantly in pursuit of innovative, unique experiences for our customers, and the 7-Select x Miracle Seltzer lineup is sure to delight even the most adventurous of palates. We’re excited for customers to embark on this flavor adventure and experience their favorite snack in a whole new form."

More details on the availability of this flavor will be revealed on April 1 – but in the meantime, the rest of the 7-Select x Miracle Seltzer lineup including Lemon Lime, Green Apple and Sweet Orange can be found at select 7-Eleven® stores.

“Through our collaboration with 7-Eleven, Miracle Seltzer continues to shake up the beverage industry with new, innovative flavors,” said Jason Wright, Co-Founder and Creative Director at Miracle Seltzer. “By infusing elements of design, fashion and art into each and every sip, we bring consumers along on a journey through flavor and creativity.”

"7-Select products are known and loved by our customers as high quality, innovative products at a great value,” shared Nikki Boyers, Vice President of Private Brands at 7-Eleven. “The 7-Select sparkling waters are the latest example of this and we can’t wait to hear what our customers think of these fun, colorful flavors.”

more details available april 1st...oh jesus..whats with people putting out april fools bullshit outside of april fools day?

Well, it's not exactly consistent around here. It pretty much just comes down to being reported over it, and whether the mods like you or not. The mods don't like @Andy Capp. Can't blame them. He is a bit of a whiner, and with him being 96 years old and all, it's kind of embarrassing that he would get caught up in all this nonsense.
Well he's a bud though we are on opposite sides of almost every issue. If they have that as a rule then it's a rule but not sure what brought this about. Seems mild imo.

@Cajun

I ordered a 24 oz bowl of chicken and sausage gumbo last night from some place in Downtown Los Angeles. 2/10. It contained no okra (wtf?) and was so bland that I had to empty half a bottle of Tabasco sauce to make it somewhat palatable. Even Norm's, a 3rd rate knock-off of Denny's here in Southern California, serves better tasting gumbo.

@Cajun

I ordered a 24 oz bowl of chicken and sausage gumbo last night from some place in Downtown Los Angeles. 2/10. It contained no okra (wtf?) and was so bland that I had to empty half a bottle of Tabasco sauce to make it somewhat palatable. Even Norm's, a 3rd rate knock-off of Denny's here in Southern California, serves better tasting gumbo.
How do you fuck up stew?

@Cajun

Hahaha. Yeah I wouldn't expect much out of Cali for cajun food bud. You should make a trip down this way. Texas sucks for cajun food for the most part but does have a few spots. My treat. New Orleans goes without saying... it reminds me that I need to cook up a pot myself. Only made a couple of times over the winter. It's dat time again. You a chicken and sausage guy or a seafood guy? I know you like sausage but I mean in gumbo

Hahaha. Yeah I wouldn't expect much out of Cali for cajun food bud. You should make a trip down this way. Texas sucks for cajun food for the most part but does have a few spots. My treat. New Orleans goes without saying... it reminds me that I need to cook up a pot myself. Only made a couple of times over the winter. It's dat time again. You a chicken and sausage guy or a seafood guy? I know you like sausage but I mean in gumbo

I'm a chicken and sausage kind of guy. I can't stand seafood (I know, the horror!). I like fried shrimp, though. I can tolerate a bit of shrimp in my jambalaya as well. Not a fan of catfish. No siree. Crawfish makes me wanna vomit.

Do you put tomato in your gumbo or is that a cardinal sin?

I'm a chicken and sausage kind of guy. I can't stand seafood (I know, the horror!). I like fried shrimp, though. I can tolerate a bit of shrimp in my jambalaya as well. Not a fan of catfish. No siree. Crawfish makes me wanna vomit.

What is a sin is your rejection of crawfish and catfish....wtf? Grew up catching and eating catfish and its my favorite along with salmon. Boiled crawfish is my all time favorite food. Boiled blue crab is right there.

Tomatoes are a sin in my house bruh. Put those in the salad. But in Louisiana it's a mix. Creole gumbo does add tomatoes but for me it's a hard no.

Since you lived in Mexico for so long... how do you find mexican food in LA?

What is a sin is your rejection of crawfish and catfish....wtf? Grew up catching and eating catfish and its my favorite along with salmon. Boiled crawfish is my all time favorite food. Boiled blue crab is right there.

Tomatoes are a sin in my house bruh. Put those in the salad. But in Louisiana it's a mix. Creole gumbo does add tomatoes but for me it's a hard no.

I'm just not a fan of fish and crustaceans, okay? Sheesh. I've got my ass beaten by my parents in my youth for spitting my dinner into my napkin and pretending to swallow it whenever seafood was on the menu. You think I could care to be lectured by the likes of you on the benefits of eating fish?

C'est la vie. Rien a foutre. Hoh hoh hoh!

Since you lived in Mexico for so long... how do you find mexican food in LA?

It's not that hard to find them here in LA. There's like 2-3 Mexican restaurants in every block where I live. In terms of taste and authenticity, I'd give it a 9.5/10 compared to the 10/10 in Mexico. I mean, Los Angeles was part of Mexico at one point anyway. The only thing I can't find here is a place that serves decent adobada with creamy cilantro sauce. I'd have to go down to San Diego to a place like Tacos El Gordo de Tijuana for something like that.

I'm just not a fan of fish and crustaceans, okay? Sheesh. I've got my ass beaten by my parents in my youth for spitting my dinner into my napkin and pretending to swallow it whenever seafood was on the menu. You think I could care to be lectured by the likes of you on the benefits of eating fish?

C'est la vie. Rien a foutre. Hoh hoh hoh!
You will sit there and listen young man. Oh I remember those days. My parents would put onions in everything and I hated them when I was young. I remember sitting there gagging trying to eat rice and gravy. My dad picked up a pillow and threw it hitting me square in the face. Dat parental pressure is real haha.

Last edited:
It's not that hard to find them here in LA. There's like 2-3 Mexican restaurants in every block where I live. In terms of taste and authenticity, I'd give it a 9.5/10 compared to the 10/10 in Mexico. I mean, Los Angeles was part of Mexico at one point anyway. The only thing I can't find here is a place that serves decent adobada with creamy cilantro sauce. I'd have to go down to San Diego to a place like Tacos El Gordo de Tijuana for something like that.
Nice dude. Texas has a lot of general tex mex but there are some legit spots too. Mexico city had the best food I had in Mexico. Phenomenal.

You will sit there and listen young man. Oh I remember those days. My parent would put onions in everything and I hated them when I was young. I remember sitting there gagging trying to eat rice and gravy. My dad picked up a pillow and threw it hitting me square in the face. Dat parental pressure is real haha.

Bro, you don't like onions? What the hell is wrong with you? I put that shit on everything - cheeseburgers, hot dog, chili, soup, whatever. Onions are one of the best flavor enhancers out there.

French onion soup in a bread bowl is the bee's knees:

2c40ec.jpg

Bro, you don't like onions? What the hell is wrong with you? I put that shit on everything - cheeseburgers, hot dog, chili, soup, whatever. Onions are one of the best flavor enhancers out there.
I grew to love them over time but when you're a kid who knows why. I put them in everything now. You are right. Best flavor enhancer bar none.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back