• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

War Room Lounge Thread v120: My threads are in the 93rd percentile. Ask my kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus.

Just heard that my nephew's mom was shot and killed. He's been living with us since he was 8, he is 12 now. Telling him was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do.

WTF???

your sister in law I'm guessing? forgive me if I'm crossing any lines with my asking, but was she involved with bad people or some shit?

Last edited:
What good is it to become Grandmaster Chess of the Political Subforum of A Random Karate Website if you don't properly rub it in their faces? You guys should definitely engage each other, hard.

Like I take your queen, you get a gif

It's just a fun thing to do. I really don't get some of you people.

It was a joke.

Wait, do you have 150 or so people on ignore?

Haven't counted but something like that.

Just started. Could be a while.

Jesus.

Just heard that my nephew's mom was shot and killed. He's been living with us since he was 8, he is 12 now. Telling him was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do.

That's horrible. Sorry to hear.

Hope you don't mind me asking, but it's something I have asked myself before in situations where someone I knew died of drugs.

Given your nephew has been living with you, was a premature death (maybe not getting shot) something that could have been expected in retrospective?

So I just watched the Lomanchenko-Linares fight. Enjoyable scrap. I was shocked that one judge had the fight even, and one had Linares ahead at the time of the stoppage. Seemed obvious to me outside of the flash knockdown Lomanchenko was way more effective in his punches and landed cleaner way more often, whereas Linares was very game and throw a fair bit, but hardly got to Lomanchenko clean.

Went to the old boxing thread to see the opinions of the PBP thread.... and was quickly reminded why I don't go into the Boxing Forum any more. Hot damn you get some really stupid people out there who just won't shut up.

Jesus.

Oh man, I'm sorry for your loss. With you it seems like he is in good hands, so there's that, but don't forget to take care of yourself.

It's just a fun thing to do. I really don't get some of you people.

Haven't counted but something like that.

Just started. Could be a while.
Oh you guys aren't playing blitz?
Boo.

I'm obviously not up on the thread, any where is the host site?
Glad I seem to be the only troll you haven't blocked. Feels good man!

Ok so I would be way off then. There would be at least a 10% chance of randomly teleporting to inside a galaxy versus outside of one. That kind of messes up my thought experiment. I was trying to emphasize how pitch black dark most positions in space is. And although 90% is a lot of intergalactic territory, one's chances of randomly teleporting to somewhere with an array of naked-eye visible stars would be far higher than I had thought. Now that does not mean that things would not be still way to dark to see in the light of. You'd have to be pretty much inside of a galaxy for its stars to give enough light to see your hand in front of your face by.

Ok now I got somebody in a physics forum telling me that the volume of the universe is 99.9+ percent outside of galaxies.

Why is it so hard to find info on this?!

Jesus.

Dude, that's horrible and it really sucks all of you had to go through that.
First of all, thanks for taking care of the kid. Society needs people like him growing up under the roofs of people like you. Past that, good job being strong, brother. He's going to need you and those around him more than ever, and being as strong and caring as you are is going to pay off big time.

Love ya bud, thoughts AND prayers activated.

So I just watched the Lomanchenko-Linares fight. Enjoyable scrap. I was shocked that one judge had the fight even, and one had Linares ahead at the time of the stoppage. Seemed obvious to me outside of the flash knockdown Lomanchenko was way more effective in his punches and landed cleaner way more often, whereas Linares was very game and throw a fair bit, but hardly got to Lomanchenko clean.

Went to the old boxing thread to see the opinions of the PBP thread.... and was quickly reminded why I don't go into the Boxing Forum any more. Hot damn you get some really stupid people out there who just won't shut up.
Nice. Love Lomo, how did you watch? Is it available easily?

And for everyone’s that’s beating me in chess I demand you fight me in a no Wrestling guard pulling kickboxing/BJJ match

Last edited:
And for everyone’s that’s beating me in chess I demand you fight me in a no Wrestling guard pulling kickboxing match/BJJ match
Man, avoiding fights like that is why chess was invented.

Nice. Love Lomo, how did you watch? Is it available easily?

It's online (youtube). I kind of quit watching boxing a while ago out of frustration on how the sport was being run. But I still love a good boxing match, it's in my DNA. Helped that I didn't know the outcome going in, but regardless, I use to be an absolutely huge fan. Lomanchenko is like one of those rare breeds that can stand in the pocket all day looking to throw and dish punishment and still be extremely hard to hit. Can't believe that was his third title in different weight class in just a dozen or so pro fights. Not sure his frame can handle much more weight.

Just love the variety in his game, even if he's not putting everything into all his punches the fact that he hits from angles his opponents don't expect the damage just adds up. He was really busting up Linares before finishing him with a body shot that was so slick it was hard to notice that he even dropped it in when Linares fell.

Oh you guys aren't playing blitz?
Boo.

I'm obviously not up on the thread, any where is the host site?
Glad I seem to be the only troll you haven't blocked. Feels good man!

It's only morons, really. Though if I see someone I've never heard of "like" some retarded post, I'll just ignore so it's possible that I get some people capable of decent posts caught in the net (a possibility I lose zero sleep over, though).

It's online (youtube). I kind of quit watching boxing a while ago out of frustration on how the sport was being run. But I still love a good boxing match, it's in my DNA. Helped that I didn't know the outcome going in, but regardless, I use to be an absolutely huge fan. Lomanchenko is like one of those rare breeds that can stand in the pocket all day looking to throw and dish punishment and still be extremely hard to hit. Can't believe that was his third title in different weight class in just a dozen or so pro fights. Not sure his frame can handle much more weight.

Just love the variety in his game, even if he's not putting everything into all his punches the fact that he hits from angles his opponents don't expect the damage just adds up. He was really busting up Linares before finishing him with a body shot that was so slick it was hard to notice that he even dropped it in when Linares fell.
He’s amazing, easily my favorite current boxer to watch (taking the torch from Manny). Can’t wait to check it out, thanks.

WTF???

your sister in law I'm guessing? forgive me if I'm crossing any lines with my asking, but was she involved with bad people or some shit?
Yeah, he's my brother's kid. My brother is a douche and she was never much better, but it's still heartbreaking right now. And yeah, drugs and what not.

That's horrible. Sorry to hear.

Hope you don't mind me asking, but it's something I have asked myself before in situations where someone I knew died of drugs.

Given your nephew has been living with you, was a premature death (maybe not getting shot) something that could have been expected in retrospective?
Oh, definitely. I was figuring heroin overdose, but...yeah.

Just been keeping him company and trying to make him laugh. He's taking it fairly well right now, but he's still in shock and it will be a long time before he truly copes with it.

And for everyone’s that’s beating me in chess I demand you fight me in a no Wrestling guard pulling kickboxing/BJJ match
I’m in! As long as grappling is only allowed for as long as a Glory rules clinch.

I’m in! As long as grappling is only allowed for as long as a Glory rules clinch.

No deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is very special rule set designed to induce 50 year old former kickboxers turned Gi Aficionados to return to the ring to avenge Karate political sub forum chess Tourney losses*

*new rules maybe added without notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back