• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

War Room Lounge Thread v120: My threads are in the 93rd percentile. Ask my kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goddamn it's super nice outside.

Goddamn it's super nice outside.
Gorgeous here too. Well, not so much now, but a few hours ago... man.

Haiku of the Day #5

Coffee fix is done
Birds calling me to join the fun
The loo's where I run

Dude, that's horrible and it really sucks all of you had to go through that.
First of all, thanks for taking care of the kid. Society needs people like him growing up under the roofs of people like you. Past that, good job being strong, brother. He's going to need you and those around him more than ever, and being as strong and caring as you are is going to pay off big time.

Love ya bud, thoughts AND prayers activated.
Yeah. I'm a weed head and have mental issues so I take meds, but my ultimate goal has always been for him to been straight and not rely on anything. When he's 18, he can do what he wants.

When we got him, he was in third grade but on a kindergarten level because his mom never helped and my brother was never around. He barely made it to school because she wouldn't wake up in time. After a year of helping him with his homework and giving him structure, he was on the same basic level as his peers in 4th grade. He is now in 7th grade taking orchestra, playing violin.

Last edited:
Gorgeous here too. Well, not so much now, but a few hours ago... man.

Haiku of the Day #5

Coffee fix is done
Birds calling me to join the fun
The loo's where I run

feeling so lazy
this itis is so crazy
making things hazy

giphy.gif

@Da Speeit

Also, I slipped and am using material wealth to try and make him smile lol. Back in december I bought a used computer online for 200$ but it's actually a beast, 8 core 16gb ram Geforce 1050 GTX 500GB SSD, wonderful deal. Using it today to play Fallout 76, etc. It's just old 2013 tech. I've been waiting on a big check to come in (not stimulus) because I have an eye on a brand new computer that'll keep me gaming until 2025.

Well I planned on keeping it a surprise to give my machine and monitor to him, but all I wanted to do was make him smile so I explained it and he was like "Oh...thats pretty cool actually" and smiled. For those five seconds it was worth it.

And for everyone’s that’s beating me in chess I demand you fight me in a no Wrestling guard pulling kickboxing/BJJ match

Man, you're hardcore. I would've just challenged them to a game of NHL 96.

To be fair, that's like saying he stank up manure.
I'm jealous about this whole ordeal because I love the idea of chess, the strategy of it all, it's very basic warfare on a board. But I am terrible at it. Was always more of a poker guy.

Saw "Great Balls of Fire" earlier today.

It's a fairly pedestrian biopic, but man, it would be the most controversial movie ever made, if it was released today. The whole movie is centered around Jerry Lee Lewis creeping on(and eventually marrying) his 13 year-old cousin.

All in all, a very underrated performance by Dennis Quaid, in a fairly average movie.

Saw "Great Balls of Fire" earlier today.

It's a fairly pedestrian biopic, but man, it would be the most controversial movie ever made, if it was released today. The whole movie is centered around Jerry Lee Lewis creeping on(and eventually marrying) his 13 year-old cousin.

All in all, a very underrated performance by Dennis Quaid, in a fairly average movie.

JLL was a fucking creep. That he was able to resurrect his career following that scandal only by switching to country music reflects the moral state of that genre and its listeners.

Never saw the movie, though. Tbh, I'm not a Quaid fan. The last movie that I saw with him included Sarah Jessica Parker (who I only don't like) and Thomas Haden Church (who I do really like) and was insufferable.

@deltapapha I sympathize with your issue very much, many a blog post of mine have died at the hands of a minor detail I couldn't find a clear answer to and didn't ever plan to include in the post when I started.

Sometimes it's a realization that you don't know that topic as well as you thought, other times you just need to not write that sentence.

REMAKE is amazeballs for any FFVII weebs. Concerned about a couple details that haven't become much yet, but right now I just wanna live in this world.

by far my favorite fictional series ever.

the Japanese version of Game of Thrones.

I enjoyed his battle inside the Astral world. It draws to an aspect of reality you will one day experience along with Mr. @Lead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back