War Room Lounge v159: Starbucks vs Dunkin Donuts

Who is the ONE TRUE™ coffee

• Starbucks

• Dunkin Donuts

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get what's so great about hanging around a nice-looking island for more than a few days a year. Sure it's great to recharge and kick back in a beautiful scene, but the wilds of mountains, forests, and rivers are immeasurably more beautiful and dynamic.

Why not both

I don't get what's so great about hanging around a nice-looking island for more than a few days a year. Sure it's great to recharge and kick back in a beautiful scene, but the wilds of mountains, forests, and rivers are immeasurably more beautiful and dynamic.
What about hanging around a nice looking island all year round, one that also has mountains, forests, rainforests and rivers?

You argued that female-on-male physical violence is understated and that women can be just as abusive to men.

You even posted a study that showed that some crazy number like 30% of abused domestic partners were men. My argument was just, WTF, that can't be right, must be a methodological error cuz it goes against everything I've heard and read of in my entire life.
Oh that's definitely true based on my casual research, in fact many studies suggest that women are just as likely to engage in physical and psychological aggression as men. Which seems to counter-intuitive but its because we have a bit of a black and white view of DV. Sure in many cases its a woman cowering under the threat of some nutjob male but in many cases both partners are violent towards each other and in cases where you get serious injury or death that's even more likely. I remember I once found a meta study on DV of something like 250 studies that generally showed it was a 50/50 split. Of course when it comes to hospitalizations and deaths from DV women are over-represented at least 2:1. Men are also more likely to engage in stalking and sexual abuse. So basically men are more likely to be the outliers who engage in extreme violence but in terms of more casual abuse its actually pretty even.

I remember I had a friend who was involved in something like this. She lived with her boyfriend and his family and got into a huge fight. She admitted to me that she pulled his little sister's hair and throw a laptop at him and then tried to fish for sympathy by saying "t-then he held me by my wrists and I was bruised!"

I listened to her since she was in the middle of a suicide attempt by OD via pills but normally I'd call my friends out for shit like that and in my head I was thinking, "Bitch, if you pulled my little sister's hair and threw a laptop at me you'd be getting Munoz'd"
weidman-elbows-munoz1_medium.gif

Just tell @Kafir-kun that women are like the Palestinians and Men are like Israel.

Sure technically bottle rockets are rockets but we're not exactly comparing apples to oranges........
Sure which is why women are more likely to be hospitalized and killed in cases of domestic violence. But like I said in terms of the more common, less extreme cases of DV its pretty even and IIRC some studies show that women are more likely to initiate violence. That's probably because its more normalized for women to hit men than the other way around. Which is wrong, don't slap a dude if you ain't ready to start throwing hands. Its something men learn early on that women never do.

And one pernicious fact is that unsurprisingly there are fewer resources for male victims and a stigma, both real and perceived on the part of the victims, that inhibits their getting help. And if a man tries to seek help the women can just as easily accuse him and in cases of domestic violence where its he said, she said people tend to listen to what she said.

Why not both
Both are good. But sitting around a "tropical paradise" is mostly about rationalizing alcoholism and being waited on. There isn't all that much to do, and nothing new to do after a couple trips unless you're immersed in the local culture. It's over-hyped. But still a great way to recharge one's self every now and then.

Just tell @Kafir-kun that women are like the Palestinians and Men are like Israel.

Sure technically bottle rockets are rockets but we're not exactly comparing apples to oranges........

<bball2>

That actually was my argument. Men can cause far, far, far more damage than women. Even trained, female MMA fighters seldom KO or really harm their opponents. Anecdotally, I've never once read about a person that grew up in a household where the mom terrifies the dad and kids with her violence. The dad doing the same?? Holy shit...

For some reason, those type of threads were more common back then. Luckily, I haven't seen too many lately.

True, but one of them has a lock on the scantily clad female demographic.

Kidding aside, I’ll take a beautiful mountain lake scene over all else, the only issue is weather.

What about hanging around a nice looking island all year round, one that also has mountains, forests, rainforests and rivers?
You can jump across Hawaiian rivers long-ways. The forests are poverty jungles, and the mountains are meh. But that's probably the best counter-example.

Both are good. But sitting around a "tropical paradise" is mostly about rationalizing alcoholism and being waited on. There isn't all that much to do, and nothing new to do after a couple trips unless you're immersed in the local culture. It's over-hyped. But still a great way to recharge one's self every now and then.

I have to admit the idea of going to a tourist resort does not appeal to me in the slightest. Then again, I'm lucky to live in a country that has everything these places can offer and more.

I have to admit the idea of going to a tourist resort does not appeal to me in the slightest. Then again, I'm lucky to live in a country that has everything these places can offer and more.
Seems like the only thing more opposite of a tropical island than Canada would be Siberia.

Dude we're fine I made a joke about your painting and you went after my family.

Dude, that was a joke. When someone makes a mama joke they're not actually attacking your actual mother. Maybe that's a United States thing.

Keep in mind also, you can pack shorts, tees and tanks (because sun’s out guns out, right boys?) in your tiniest little carry on for a two week vacation. Just wear your sandals on the plane and ride out. Something about wearing flip flops and PCH shorts with muscle tees all week is super relaxing. The mountains mean you have to pack for every situation.

Dude, that was a joke. When someone makes a mama joke they're not actually attacking your actual mother. Maybe that's a United States thing.

I've just been joshing you too breh

Yeah I personally prefer a nice looking peninsula

This line of argument seems to really rustle some jimmies.

My notifications be blowin' up today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JonSable
Back