War Room Lounge v159: Starbucks vs Dunkin Donuts

Who is the ONE TRUE™ coffee

• Starbucks

• Dunkin Donuts

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I encourage everyone to go appreciate @sweede's contributions to the Kenosha thread. In the two posts I've read, he's called protesters/leftists "traitors" and swine, said they should be sent to Guantanamo, and volunteered to emigrate here to fight in the impending Civil War on the side of the Trumpers.

And we thought getting moist by @Sano was the worst of his problems.

Yes, both BLM (really antifa) and Trump are terrible for the country. I think most neutral parties can see that.

Antifa? What the heck?

I encourage everyone to go appreciate @sweede's contributions to the Kenosha thread. In the two posts I've read, he's called protesters/leftists "traitors" and swine, said they should be sent to Guantanamo, and volunteered to emigrate here to fight in the impending Civil War on the side of the Trumpers.

Antifa? What the heck?
@sweede is filled with impotent rage. One day, he'll try to take it out on the general public but will find himself to weak to do actual damage. His life is like a dream where you try to punch someone, but it doesn't do anything.

@sweede is filled with impotent rage. One day, he'll try to take it out on the general public but will find himself to weak to do actual damage. His life is like a dream where you try to punch someone, but it doesn't do anything.

He is certainly unhinged.

Oh that's definitely true based on my casual research, in fact many studies suggest that women are just as likely to engage in physical and psychological aggression as men. Which seems to counter-intuitive but its because we have a bit of a black and white view of DV. Sure in many cases its a woman cowering under the threat of some nutjob male but in many cases both partners are violent towards each other and in cases where you get serious injury or death that's even more likely. I remember I once found a meta study on DV of something like 250 studies that generally showed it was a 50/50 split. Of course when it comes to hospitalizations and deaths from DV women are over-represented at least 2:1. Men are also more likely to engage in stalking and sexual abuse. So basically men are more likely to be the outliers who engage in extreme violence but in terms of more casual abuse its actually pretty even.

I remember I had a friend who was involved in something like this. She lived with her boyfriend and his family and got into a huge fight. She admitted to me that she pulled his little sister's hair and throw a laptop at him and then tried to fish for sympathy by saying "t-then he held me by my wrists and I was bruised!"

I listened to her since she was in the middle of a suicide attempt by OD via pills but normally I'd call my friends out for shit like that and in my head I was thinking, "Bitch, if you pulled my little sister's hair and threw a laptop at me you'd be getting Munoz'd"
weidman-elbows-munoz1_medium.gif

Sure which is why women are more likely to be hospitalized and killed in cases of domestic violence. But like I said in terms of the more common, less extreme cases of DV its pretty even and IIRC some studies show that women are more likely to initiate violence. That's probably because its more normalized for women to hit men than the other way around. Which is wrong, don't slap a dude if you ain't ready to start throwing hands. Its something men learn early on that women never do.

And one pernicious fact is that unsurprisingly there are fewer resources for male victims and a stigma, both real and perceived on the part of the victims, that inhibits their getting help. And if a man tries to seek help the women can just as easily accuse him and in cases of domestic violence where its he said, she said people tend to listen to what she said.
You ever read about Erin Pizzey? She was feminist responsible for creating some of the first women's shelters. She concluded from her own work and research that most domestic violence is reciprocal, and that women were just as capable violence as their male counterparts. She also claimed that there were alarmingly high rates of pedophilia in women that society didn't seem to care about. She ended being banned from the shelters she helped found and spent a good chuck of her life receiving death threats for speaking up about these issues.

Antifa? What the heck?
Well I don’t think most of the damaging rioters and criminal people are actually affiliated with BLM, I think they are often Antifa, or other similar groups who latch on to periods of unrest in order to foment chaos, and that is what has turned some public opinion against BLM. The tweet was partly about support for BLM dropping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back