War Room Lounge v193: Thanks to SJWs we can't beat any animals anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good lord. There should just be a separate shill thread for that stuff.

I mean nothing beats a nice spicy lattice apple pie with flaky golden crust.

Mmmm flaky golden crust.

tenor.gif

I’m a huge pecan pie guy myself. One of my favorites.

Dude, that is literally my old stomping grounds. Worked there for years. It was always bad, but ever since they opened that safe injection site there it has gotten exponentially worse.
I suppose ending up dead is better?

Things are at the beginning stages. This is just bringing the seriousness of the situation into broader view. I'm not saying they're doing it right but what they're doing is better than nothing.
Its brutal amd it's sad as fuck.

The opioid epidemic is raging put of control and nobody has any clue where to start to solve it.

It's not just toronto either.

Growing up I had only heard about open use of heroin in places like Vancouver... but now it's in small towns in Northern Ontario as well. When I visit my hometown I see people shooting up in the open and passed out on the ground just like you've described. I'd hazard a guess to say it started 10 years ago and has taken off exponentially in the last 5 or so years.

:(
I feel you on all of this but it's not true no one has any clue where to start. Ask the Portuguese.

Right. If you can’t trust your girl (especially wife) to be alone with another man, there’s bigger issues at play than is she gonna do something stupid that evening or not.

Don’t try to prevent someone from cheating or you’ll always be fighting a losing battle. The person you find you should never have to worry about cheating.
People need to be more in tune with their instincts in these situations. Somewhere deep down, you know she’s not to be trusted.

The best and funniest trolls are smart people pretending to be clueless.

One of the funniest troll jobs I've seen was on a Kawasaki motorcycle forum. It was a long running account, and started perfectly normally with discussions of how to improve your motorcycle's performance. The answers to which are always along the lines of less weight, better breathing for the engine. After he went with some very dodgy looking modifications in the form of a home made exhaust, he moved on to drilling, which wasn't entirely unheard of at the time. Documenting everything with photos.
It was always controversial over whether drilling was worth the effort, and already the butt of a lot of jokes about "weight weenies".
It started pretty normal with pointless nonsense like the licence plate and chain guard, but moved on to even more questionable decisions with holes in the fairing.
Finally he just cut a massive section out of the frame to "lose weight and get more air to the airbox".
To this day people will bring it up, opinions still split on whether he was legitimately that much of a weight weenie and that stupid.

To clarify: I forgot to put my 4:30 alarm after I turned it off tuesday. I woke up at 04:45 automatically.

Times my youngling has decided to call it a night since last Friday:

4:30 / 5:30 / 5:40 / 5:50 / 5:20

Comfortable (and prior) time for me: 6:30+

You are far, far more likely to become homeless than to ever become a billionaire.

That’s interesting

Just allow every non felon over 21 to conceal carry and get rid of the stupid permits. Hold cops feet to the fire that this is America, guns are a right, and you have to be in danger not just see what may or may not be a gun in order to shoot someone

Needing a conceal carry permit has never stopped someone from using a concealed handgun from committing a crime. Prettt nasty that giving away those permits turned into a high prize only the rich and connected can get with bribes, while regular peasants don’t get it.

Also, what’s with @skysolo sharing videos in the lounge no one cares about?

Not get enough attention when you blamed house Dems for not “forcing” the senate to vote on a relief bill?

Alright, alright, alright. Now you Professional Wrestling/Anime/Civilization/High Finance/Stupid Lists/Sports Pools llamas are speaking my language.

I'm quite a Pink Floyd fan, quoted lyrics in the Lounge before now, for example. Not too many of you seem to speak Old Hippy, the language taught to me by elders, my sister and brothers etc. 10 years my senior and more, not to mention 70's TV. So this is a pleasant turn which has definitely improved my overall mood and I thank y'all for that.

In Dark Side the vocal solo from that chick was awesome and I basically have an everlasting crush on her just from listening to that.

This is what I mean when I say good music is good music no matter what form it takes. Some music, like this woman's performance, is just so beautiful, it's capable of keeping me sane and aware life can be good if you let it because how can it not when such wonders exist in the world?

Remember Nothing Compares 2U? The emotional connection it makes if you're in the frame of mind to receive it whole is nearly overwhelming. @Prokofievian as the resident classical music weenie around here, it seems like you started me on this topic so you're going to have to put up with being tagged in as well.

Musically, it may be totally different, but I wonder if you're ever listened to any Jean Michel Jarre and how you would say it compares to, say, classical music compositions and more modern type concept albums, or in fact whether you think it's any good and why.

I have not heard of Jean Michel Jarre. I'll listen to him.

Lol, family legal drama is some wild shit.

So my dad died obviously, but he has 4 kids. My older brother, me, and two younger twin boys. Technically my older brother isn't biological, but my dad raised him from birth and denied a DNA test because he didn't care and didn't care to know.

So anyway, he dies. I told them I didn't want any part of his shit because we were estranged. That leaves my brother and the twins. Tell me why his ex wife, the twins mom, comes up with this fake ass will saying everything is left to her kids and that my older brother was just left in the cold. AND THEN has the audacity to ask if there was a DNA test done to confirm his parentage.

Do you want the legally oldest son who carries his dead dad's name to walk into court and contest the fuck out of that will? Because that's what's gonna happen. Motherfuckers get greedy and piss off the exact wrong people.

I really really hate to say this, but women are more prone to this kind of behavior IMO. I know of too many instances where women maintain grudges, completely disassociate with their parents or absolutely despise her in-laws, then miraculous reappear when comes time to try to collect on a will, or her husband's parent's will. Even if they wanted absolutely nothing to do with someone when they were alive.

Men, kind of akin to your sentiment, when you're estranged, you feel weird trying to collect money. Women just don't have that barrier from what I've observed. It's like any major life event (marriage, divorce, death, child custody) should just automatically mean a transfer of wealth to them.

Flame away lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back