War Room Lounge v65

Should the Lounge rule over the hearts of men?

• Hunto rules over the hearts of men and he's not finished yet

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats not how I understand Hamilton's Federalist Papers, particularly 9 and 10 regarding Factions, but I'm not a historian or a lawyer.

@Lord Coke @Limbo Pete What say you about the Electoral College w/ relation to the Federalist Papers (9 & 10) and factions.
Its my understanding that the EC was meant to protect a majority as much as a minority from mob rule of sorts?

Hamilton didn't write Federalist 10.

The way the EC protects us from "mob rule" is by preventing the public from directly voting for president (we'd just vote for electors who are wiser and more knowledgeable and then the House would usually select the actual president). Having pledged electors already ends that (that is, the current EC is what the founders considered mob rule). Nothing to do with making sure that people in some states have disproportionate say in the election.

Also, I'm pretty sure you didn't read Federalist 9 or 10. 68 is the one you want here. https://avalon.law.yale.edu/18th_century/fed68.asp

It was equally desirable, that the immediate election should be made by men most capable of analyzing the qualities adapted to the station, and acting under circumstances favorable to deliberation, and to a judicious combination of all the reasons and inducements which were proper to govern their choice. A small number of persons, selected by their fellow-citizens from the general mass, will be most likely to possess the information and discernment requisite to such complicated investigations.

It was also peculiarly desirable to afford as little opportunity as possible to tumult and disorder. This evil was not least to be dreaded in the election of a magistrate, who was to have so important an agency in the administration of the government as the President of the United States. But the precautions which have been so happily concerted in the system under consideration, promise an effectual security against this mischief. The choice of SEVERAL, to form an intermediate body of electors, will be much less apt to convulse the community with any extraordinary or violent movements, than the choice of ONE who was himself to be the final object of the public wishes. And as the electors, chosen in each State, are to assemble and vote in the State in which they are chosen, this detached and divided situation will expose them much less to heats and ferments, which might be communicated from them to the people, than if they were all to be convened at one time, in one place.

All these advantages will happily combine in the plan devised by the convention; which is, that the people of each State shall choose a number of persons as electors, equal to the number of senators and representatives of such State in the national government, who shall assemble within the State, and vote for some fit person as President. Their votes, thus given, are to be transmitted to the seat of the national government, and the person who may happen to have a majority of the whole number of votes will be the President. But as a majority of the votes might not always happen to centre in one man, and as it might be unsafe to permit less than a majority to be conclusive, it is provided that, in such a contingency, the House of Representatives shall select out of the candidates who shall have the five highest number of votes, the man who in their opinion may be best qualified for the office.

The process of election affords a moral certainty, that the office of President will never fall to the lot of any man who is not in an eminent degree endowed with the requisite qualifications. Talents for low intrigue, and the little arts of popularity, may alone suffice to elevate a man to the first honors in a single State; but it will require other talents, and a different kind of merit, to establish him in the esteem and confidence of the whole Union, or of so considerable a portion of it as would be necessary to make him a successful candidate for the distinguished office of President of the United States.

Obviously that's before the 12th Amendment (which among other things, changed it from the top 5 to the top 3 EC vote-getters for the House to decide among).

How any of this ties into your weird obsession with Clinton is a mystery.

Hamilton didn't write Federalist 10.

The way the EC protects us from "mob rule" is by preventing the public from directly voting for president (we'd just vote for electors who are wiser and more knowledgeable and then the House would usually select the actual president). Having pledged electors already ends that (that is, the current EC is what the founders considered mob rule). Nothing to do with making sure that people in some states have disproportionate say in the election.

Also, I'm pretty sure you didn't read Federalist 9 or 10. 68 is the one you want here. https://avalon.law.yale.edu/18th_century/fed68.asp

Obviously that's before the 12th Amendment (which among other things, changed it from the top 5 to the top 3 EC vote-getters for the House to decide among).

How any of this ties into your weird obsession with Clinton is a mystery.

The point being that Hillary not campaigning in good faith in states like Wisconsin and Michigan cost her the EC.

Confused about the reference to Federalist 10 too, but it's a great piece of writing. Something easy to miss but highly relevant today:

But the most common and durable source of factions has been the various and unequal distribution of property. Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society. Those who are creditors, and those who are debtors, fall under a like discrimination. A landed interest, a manufacturing interest, a mercantile interest, a moneyed interest, with many lesser interests, grow up of necessity in civilized nations, and divide them into different classes, actuated by different sentiments and views. The regulation of these various and interfering interests forms the principal task of modern legislation, and involves the spirit of party and faction in the necessary and ordinary operations of the government.
I choose to read that as Madison endorsing Warren. (semi-trollface)

The point being that Hillary not campaigning in good faith in states like Wisconsin and Michigan cost her the EC.

Right, I noted the implausible speculation and junk science earlier. Also obviously false claim as stated. None of it matters in an EC discussion.

Right, I noted the implausible speculation and junk science earlier. Also obviously false claim as stated. None of it matters in an EC discussion.
She won the popular vote, but lost the EC. Relevant.

"A nazi falls amidst a hail of fist and feet. Stomping out the rhythm of the cable street beat, with out boots on the scumbags heads the only good nazi is one that's dead"

I've said it before, the Hammerskins held down a friend of mine and carved a swazi into his stomach. Fuck em.

On a lighter note. Some girl on my tour got hammered drunk and cried because I had to ask her to quit interrupting. Didn't tip either, bachelorette parties are a pain in the ass.

What’s funny is Deek Allen could not fight his way out of a paper bag :)

Super good dude though

Last edited:
What’s funny is Deek Allen could not fight his way out of a paper bag :)

Super good dude though

I had really good discussions with him like fourteen years ago. I really wish I kept some copies of my shitty zine. Just because Tripp Unseen, Dave Dictor and him wrote a couple articles for it. Super cool people.

Oi Polloi was always this really weird mixture of hyper aggressive skinhead and hippy anarcho punk

Don't burn the witch, nazi scum, and anti police aggro go fucking hard though.

Did you ever get into Intro5pect? They did this song with Stza and they recently redid it for Leftover Cracks album. Hands down up there with some of the best political punk ever made. Plus I have a soft spot for aggressive electronica.

Capital and National aligned and intertwined
First (First) world (Wide) wealth confined
To the business aligned allies and the G8 defined
Exploitation, exposition, resource request denied
Diffuse, resist, react and refuse
React, reject, collest and abuse
Border patrol sets out to condition and control
Slay el cabellero before it affects the status quo

To live without a heart
Another migrant family is torn apart
The xenophobia's here
But life inside a bubble that is full of fear
Will crush your soul inside
Another empty shell full of national pride
To live inside a cage
Cutting grass or washing dishes for a slavery wage (x2)

What did everyone eat today?

"A nazi falls amidst a hail of fist and feet. Stomping out the rhythm of the cable street beat, with out boots on the scumbags heads the only good nazi is one that's dead"

I've said it before, the Hammerskins held down a friend of mine and carved a swazi into his stomach. Fuck em.

On a lighter note. Some girl on my tour got hammered drunk and cried because I had to ask her to quit interrupting. Didn't tip either, bachelorette parties are a pain in the ass.

Sucks about your friend. I just think advocating violence is a bad thing. You’re a nice dude and I don’t want to see you get hurt.

Wow what a headline:

Camping at Phish show banned over concerns about plague-infected prairie dogs

And conceal carry, a weapon should be on a person's person at all times. Charge that teacher with criminal negligence leaving a weapon unsecured with children around.

I had really good discussions with him like fourteen years ago. I really wish I kept some copies of my shitty zine. Just because Tripp Unseen, Dave Dictor and him wrote a couple articles for it. Super cool people.

Oi Polloi was always this really weird mixture of hyper aggressive skinhead and hippy anarcho punk

Don't burn the witch, nazi scum, and anti police aggro go fucking hard though.

Did you ever get into Intro5pect? They did this song with Stza and they recently redid it for Leftover Cracks album. Hands down up there with some of the best political punk ever made. Plus I have a soft spot for aggressive electronica.

LOL I am sure we talked about this before but the skinhead stuff from Oi Polloi was a total lark. They were 100% anarcho, animal liberation, hardcore band in the view of crass, well more militant POV kinda like Conflict (although they all thought Collin was a dbag).

I am going to check that out thanks !!!!

White trash nachos, as I’ve heard it, refers to like a regular nacho plate (cheese, beans, meat, etc.) but with Doritos instead of normal tortilla chips.

Edit: a nacho plate with potato chips (or potato skins if you’re fancy) is called Irish nachos here.

Apparently a certain plate of American nachos is racist. I'd like to thank whoever reported me and also the hall monitor who's making sure we are all safe from racist food

What did everyone eat today?
I don't have a good answer yet today; my corporeal form is weakened and my overall being suffers accordingly, but I may update once I have consumed flesh worthy of your interest. Fortunately, I have the evening meal to look forward to and an optimistic outlook, thanks to having fused with an excellent cook.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back