Warning: Graphic Content -- Catastrophic Leg Injury at #ACA161

Did anyone see the one about the soccer player getting his knee annihilated? I just saw a still photo and it was disgusting. Was it worse than that?

Also I remember probably 10 years or so ago in a college basketball march madness game, seeing it live, where some dude broke his shin in half with it poking out. I think they showed the replay 1 time and it was disgusting. The worse I've ever seen. I don't care to see these injuries. It just ain't natural .

Ohhh gross, he unlocked full range of motion with his knee..

The thing about those leg breaks and I know it’s selfish for me to say but they were so early on and we were denied some good fights! The Weidman Hall one for example, I could see that one was lining up to be a banger
Fuck those selfish prick fighters for failing to deliver the violence we deserve.

Walk that shit off stumpy!

Ahhhh fuck I'm not clicking it lol I don't need to see it

Warning: Graphic Content -- Catastrophic Leg Injury at ACA 161
FacebookTwitterReddit0WhatsApp

IAN ROBINSON AUG 11, 2023 COMMENTS

Viewer discretion is highly suggested here. This is likely not something that can be unseen: Grigoriy Ponomarev suffers a catastrophic leg injury against Mukhomad Vakhaev on Friday in Moscow at ACA 161.

Continue Reading

https://www.sherdog.com/videos/high...tent-Catastrophic-Leg-Injury-at-ACA-161-20292

AS vs Weidman was harder to watch imo...
But the worse I have ever seen was that Basketball player
Oh yeah, it was Kevin Ware, and his Bone visibly sticks out...was very hard to watch.
I am not going to post the picture, its too nasty, and the video was a one time deal..never watched it again.

I'll not be watching that.
giphy.gif

Guy is also a tatted out Neo-nazi so no empathy from me
I don’t think he is Neo-Nazi. Regarding tattoos he said that he is paying respect to pagan roots of Russians or Slavs.

His opponent is a bit of a piece of shit too. Ref clearly trying to physically intervene. Keeps trying to balance himself and throw more.

He has some questionable tats and Vakhaev is Muslim, so that's probably why he kept throwing.

I don’t think he is Neo-Nazi. Regarding tattoos he said that he is paying respect to pagan roots of Russians or Slavs.

not that I give a fuck if he is a neo-nazi; nor do i give a fuck about the lifestyles of any fighters or how they chose to live. but the black sun tattoo on his left elbow cannot be explained by "paying respect to pagan roots", and is a distinctly modern nazi symbol albeit with ancient inspiration.

maybe if if was a kolovrat or some other ancient indo-european sun wheel.

He has some questionable tats and Vakhaev is Muslim, so that's probably why he kept throwing.

this.

but i really would have wanted to see this fight happen without any weight cutting. ponomarev having to cut so much weight clearly affected the stability in his legs. especially given how he already carries a lot of muscle mass in his upper body, which even before the water cut he had to lose some muscle to make 265. he had to have some kind of caloric deficit to lose some muscle, he would have first and foremost lost some stability in his legs if he was already more focused on lifting in the upper body to begin with - because the more worked upper body would take the lions share of the calories he is getting and he was in deficit overall. the result can be a drastic loss in stability in the legs and, combined with the weakening affects of the water cut, can result in catastrophic injuries like what happened in the fight

complete bullshit, heavyweight should not have a weight cap. if that is too much of a jump for mma promotions, AT LEAST make the cut off 285

not that I give a fuck if he is a neo-nazi; nor do i give a fuck about the lifestyles of any fighters or how they chose to live. but the black sun tattoo on his left elbow cannot be explained by "paying respect to pagan roots", and is a distinctly modern nazi symbol albeit with ancient inspiration.

this.

but i really would have wanted to see this fight happen without any weight cutting. ponomarev having to cut so much weight clearly affected the stability in his legs. especially given how he already carries a lot of muscle mass in his upper body, which even before the water cut he had to lose some muscle to make 265. he had to have some kind of caloric deficit to lose some muscle, he would have first and foremost lost some stability in his legs if he was already more focused on lifting in the upper body to begin with - because the more worked upper body would take the lions share of the calories he is getting and he was in deficit overall. the result can be a drastic loss in stability in the legs and, combined with the weakening affects of the water cut, can result in catastrophic injuries like what happened in the fight

complete bullshit, heavyweight should not have a weight cap. if that is too much of a jump for mma promotions, AT LEAST make the cut off 285
Honestly it might also just be side effects from the gear, cause Ponomarev looks like a comic book character.
Yeah I heard a lot of people talk about the sunwheel used to pay hommage to pagan roots, but the only confirmation I found online for that was lackluster to say the least. I mean every extremist probably sees certain imaginery as paying hommage to sth, which doesn't exclude potential disdain for other people.
Funnily enough the nazis from the third reich probably weren't as opposed to Islam as their modern counterparts, Hitler was fond of Islam and Mein Kampf isn't unpopular in arab regions ironically (Probably because of the view on jews I would assume.)

Last edited:
Ohhh gross, he unlocked full range of motion with his knee..

lack of stability in the joints due to losing too much muscle and a weight cut to boot can do that. saw this in another thread but it fits

giphy.gif

this.

Tbf he could make weight by just taking a slightly less astronomical amount of steroids so it's hard to feel like be shouldn't have to

Tbf he could make weight by just taking a slightly less astronomical amount of steroids so it's hard to feel like be shouldn't have to

let's not act like 99% of the high level athletes on the planet are not PED users

in any case though with ponomarev specifically i am talking about a specific sort of stability loss in the legs that tends to happen with men with a lot of muscle mass particularly in the upper body that they work more, that happens when they go into a caloric deficit in an attempt to shave off some excess muscle mass. i've been there before having to eat that many calories just to maintain a lot of muscle. when you go into a caloric deficit to trim down, you have to be really careful about WHERE the calories go; since you are in deficit already, they will be rationed throughout the body and if the upper body is more heavily worked - as is clearly the case with ponomarev - the legs lose a disproportionate amount of muscle and stability. and it sneaks up on you, i've been there.

of course, the answer to this is to have more of the calories going to the legs for stability by working them more and to taper off working the upper body if you are in a caloric deficit. ponomarev probably didn't know this because he probably never had to trim off that much muscle mass, even before making the water cut...

still call bullshit either way. 285 weight cap or none at all

I am sure this is not the first time Vakhaev did this (can’t remember opponent but I am 99 % sure he hit someone after stoppage or after the fight). Plus he always tries to start a fight or slap his opponents including this famous Neo-Nazi Tony Johnson.

this.

From what I’ve seen in his interviews he is not smart guy even by low standarts of Russian mma fighters. Doesn’t sound like Neo-Nazi, fights for promotions owned by Muslims from Caucasus, trained with Fedor team where there is Tokov brothers with North Caucasus roots now trains at Strela (I think Abdurakhimov trained there but there is probably more Muslims).

Back