Was it an early stoppage?

Was the stoppage on TJ early or not?

• Total voters
Yeah, it was. TJ was getting tagged but you don't stop a fight just because someone gets tagged. Maybe ref thought it was point karate.

I kinda thought it was. And I hate TJ and was so happy he lost. But this felt weak.

It really wasn't that early but the better question is did TJ stand a chance of recovering. It really didn't look like it. He was just going to take a lot more damage and still lose.

In a high profile fight like that, ref should have given him more time as he was still trying to defend so yes an early stoppage but it wasn't horrendous. TJ should accept the loss as he still got his shit pushed in or he'll be remembered as a salty loser like Rockhold. Also, Cejudo should get more props for being a beast.

could have gone couple seconds longer but TJ would have lost anyway. <mma3>

I’m glad tj lost.
But that stoppage was a bit early, he was scrambling still, and still fully coherent, albeit eating combo sandwiches.

After watching that post-fight TJ interview, I actually feel worse for Cejudo. He was denied the full opportunity to show the world just how big a beast he appears to have become.

Whether it's an early stoppage or not doesn't really matter, it was still the right decision. Yes, they could've let it play out another 10 seconds as he took more shots, but TJ was not going to improve his position. Explain to me how someone rocked and dropped, on his hands and knees blindly reaching for a leg is going to deal with a olympic gold medal wrestler punching him? If you think it being stopped early means Cejudo wouldn't have won, explain why and how? He was about to take years off TJ's career if they let the fight continue.

No fuccckkin way

Did you guys not see TJs eyes roll back when Henry landed right before the ref stepped in.

Stoppage was on point

As a massive Cejudo fan that picked him over TJ even when the fight was speculated to happen at 135lbs, I absolutely think it was an early stoppage. TJ wasn't out of it and was in the middle of a scrambling attempt when the referee stopped it.

In my eyes, an ending like that to a fight of this caliber cannot and should not be justified with something like "Oh, Cejudo would've ended it a couple of seconds later anyway".

nah. Tj was folded up like a t-shirt while getting punched in the head by Cejudo

TJ was IN and OUT like 3 times, like he was in a bad dream. I guess people want to see dehydrated fighters get murdered. TJ can go on and hug his son and wife, claim that it was an early stoppage but we know that if the fight went on, he would be in a bodybag.

This is in the range of what a proper stoppage looks like. He buckled twice.

But I get it.

Anyone not admitting that was a little early is kidding themselves. TJ was hurt but he was scrambling. You let the fighters work it out in that situation.

The amount of fights on this card that could have been stopped earlier or the corners should have thrown towels in - yet they choose the main event to care for the fighters safety.

Lol, good ole UFC.

Yup
Tj was in the process of going for a single when ref stepped in.
Too me thats early and a bad stoppage

No he wasn't. He just had two single legs stuffed and was lying on his back when it was stopped.

Whether it's an early stoppage or not doesn't really matter, it was still the right decision. Yes, they could've let it play out another 10 seconds as he took more shots, but TJ was not going to improve his position. Explain to me how someone rocked and dropped, on his hands and knees blindly reaching for a leg is going to deal with a olympic gold medal wrestler punching him? If you think it being stopped early means Cejudo wouldn't have won, explain why and how? He was about to take years off TJ's career if they let the fight continue.

watch neil magny vs hector lombard and you will see.

Back