We need to get back to our senses and realize that Chito was absolutely f***** before that injury

Just because Vera had less offense in the first minute means nothing, its already known Vera is a slow starter thats why they made the matchup in hopes that O'malley would finish him in the first round cause he's a frontrunner like Conor.

I've rewatched the fight multiple times, and Chito landed almost nothing until he noticed that Sean's leg/ankle was compromised. That is the exact point when he pointed at Sean's leg, started backing him up, and started landing numerous kicks. Before that, he landed a total of maybe 3-4 shots or so... He was also biting on almost all of Sean's feints until he noticed Sean's leg/ankle problem as well. Sean didn't exactly capitalize on many of those feints, but he was certainly landing more kicks & harder kicks than Chito up to the point of Chito noticing the potential injury.
That is not an excuse at all for Sean's loss by any means. I am a fan of both fighters. But... for people saying that Chito was out-striking him or backing him up before he noticed Sean stumble and then roll his ankle, I have no idea what you were watching and suggest you watch the fight again.

No one was out striking anyone in the first 2 mins of that fight. O'malley was throwing full power kicks with no set up whilst Vera was finding his range.
Vera was blocking them or just getting caught on the end of it until he landed that calf kick. The fight was even regardless of what Rogan was trying to say.
The best thing to do on these UFC hype match ups is to watch without commentary.

O'malley tried to throw a jumping knee with what was an apparent injured ankle? It seems like a weird thing to do if you are so compromised you can't stand.
I think the 20 secs we saw on the ground were very telling of what would happen in this fight or any fight were O'malley is against the higher level people in his division. He throws techniques and ends up on his butt a lot.He seemed completely lost which surprised me after the Soukamanth fight as I thought he did well getting back up there. I just think there are levels and O'malley isn't there yet.

Did Chito beat Sean fair and square? Yes.

Did Chito plan for that exact injury when throwing that technique? Idk, probably not.

Does Chito deserve credit for his victory? Absolutely.

Does Sean have a problem with his joints/nerves/ being injury prone? Idk, I hope not.

From what we saw, did Chito stand much of a chance before the injury? Absolutely not.

Sean was toying with him and showing how much better he is on the feet until that injury.

It's easy to kick a man while he's down but if O'Malley can recover properly and not have anymore injuries, he will be champion or at least be at the top of the division.

I didn't see Cheeto being dominated at any point. O'Malley was doing what he does best, tit around to make it looks like he is controlling everything. At no point of the fight O'Malley connected a good punch or left Chito in danger. Vera adjusted his gameplan and destroyed O'Malley's right leg (Jussier Formiga suffered a similar TKO) before putting him out.

Hardly anything happened lol what were you watching?
I think Sugar is the better talent but c'mon.

O'malley landed like 5 kicks, 0 clean punches and was starting to get walked down. Would hardly say he was dominating.

Walked down?
... over 140 likes on a comment like this?

Never realized O'Malley had so many haters on these boards. This is beyond Jon Jones and Conor McGregor levels of hate.

Put your money where your mouth is then.

Bet your account that Chito wins the rematch.

You’re so desperate to avoid facts that you’re now postponing till they rematch. Just stop dodging and break down the action prior to O’Malley eating that low kick.
Describe what key strikes were landed on each side.

This should not be hard or time-consuming, as the injury happened 2 minutes into the fight. And if you were right and O’Malley was outclassing Vera, you should be eager to do this, because it would easily prove your point.

But you won’t. You will avoid addressing this once again because your position is nonsense.

You’re so desperate to avoid facts that you’re now postponing till they rematch. Just stop dodging and break down the action prior to O’Malley eating that low kick.
Describe what key strikes were landed on each side.

This should not be hard or time-consuming, as the injury happened 2 minutes into the fight. And if you were right and O’Malley was outclassing Vera, you should be eager to do this, because it would easily prove your point.

But you won’t. You will avoid addressing this once again because your position is nonsense.

I make "Hand me my crow" threads.

If you think I'll ever avoid to address anything on this forum, then you don't know me very well as a poster.

Let's get to it.

Sean was landing teep kicks, big body kicks and leg kicks of his own for the first couple of minutes until the injury.

Screenshot_20200820-165253_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20200820-165308_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20200820-165340_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20200820-165352_YouTube.jpg

He was also making Chito bite on absolutely every single feint he threw.

While Chito is excellent on the ground, he is not great at mixing his wrestling in and taking opponents down, averaging below 1 Takedown a fight in his UFC career.

Screenshot_20200820-165752_Chrome.jpg

Once the freak injury occurred, that changed everything and understandably so...

Chito stopped biting on the feints, he gained confidence to pressure O'Malley up against the cage and Sean being severely compromised ended up basically just falling over resulting in Chito getting on top of him, doing what he does very well, and landing his most significant strikes of the short fight.

So ,
O'Malley is the better striker, Chito isn't a great offensive wrestler who struggles to get fights on the ground, Chito has been out struck by guys like Marco Beltran, Davey Grant, and Song Yadong , and O'Malley suffered a freak accident of an injury and I'm supposed to be impressed with Vera's "performance" or somehow believe that the O'Malley's injury wasn't the reason that he won?

I can't do it.

I bet you my account that O'Malley beats him in the rematch.

Back