Were you impressed by Khamzat Chimaev performance?

Were you impressed by Khamzat Chimaev performance?

• Total voters
Edwards in his 1st fight also made Usman look bad.

And that wasn't an Usman 10 days off the couch either.
Khamzat had to fight Usman on 10 days notice too lol that's not a valid excuse. Usman lost. 29-27

I'm impressed that he can outgrapple Usman, you can say 2 weeks notice all you like but that's an impressive feat, nobody has ever done that.
But if he can't keep someone down I worry for him on the feet, he's very hittable and seems to gas easily. If he's in a 4th round against a Strickland or a DDP... not sure it goes well for him
Usman's knees are gone. It was very evident in the third Edwards fight.

Outside of the first round he looked very underwhelming and disappointing. Chances are any top MW who can survive the first round walks him down and beats him

With the way Usman was picking up in strikes towards the end, chimaev wouldn't have last in the championship rounds. Good win though.

Reactions: mkt
Let me know when he fights a legit Top 5 MW...especially in a 5-round fight.
"Legit top 5 MW." There is no legit MW. That division is loaded with mid-tier fighters. No camp Usman could conceivably defeat anyone in the MW top 10.

Yeah cause the main event taught us that fighters are totally the same on 10 days notice.

That was objectively the worst version of Usman we've ever seen. This is really upsetting Khamzat fanboys.
The only ones upset are the haters. I'm having a great time and you're sitting here being a big ol sook lol

I thought it was impressive.

I don't think Strickland or Izzy will have the tools to work his takedowns and even survive long enough to make it a fight tbh.

Frankly someone like Jared or Marvin could be the harder matchups

Reactions: HHJ
He looked good. Khamzat might be the best first round fighter we've ever seen. And he was able to dial it back in the second. I still have questions about how he looks in a 5 round fight. We have two transitionary champs in Edwards and Strickland, both strikers who likely won't hold the title for long. I think he has a good chance against both. Izzy or Whittaker would be massive problems for him though in a 5 round fight. He doesn't have the striking defense to hang with those guys.

I expected Khamzat to finish Usman. That never happened... Now I just sit here, befuddled.

At first I thought he dropped off unusually fast after round 1. Which was strange when he went 3 hard against Burns. But then after hearing he possibly broke his wrist round 1 that makes more sense why he would have a steep decline after 1.

He didn't look as dominating after the 1st round, but I was still impressed.

No..even the first round wasnt that impressive lol did no damage.. and wasnt close on the choke and almost got KOed by the slam which would of been hilarious.. he wasnt dangerous at all

Costa would of beaten this goof

He's not an unstoppable monster like the hype and wins prior to Burns suggested, but he's proved he belongs near the top after ragdolling Holland and now Usman. I think he beats Strickland in the first round or Strickland survives the early onslaught and makes it a fight that could go either way at that point... But either way yes I'm impressed and he's going to be tough for anyone to beat.

Yes it was impressive wtf lol.

Usman is not an easy win guys

He took down Usman 4 times. Usman only got taken down once in his last 17 fights combined. I was very impressed. Usman is also one of the best fighters of all time.

* Former champ from a lighter weight class who lost his last 2 fights.
C'mon man, Usman was always a huge welterweight and chimaev has only recently moved up to middleweight full time, the size difference is negligible.

He was schooling Leon in the first fight too until that kick in the last minute

You don't suddenly become shit after a lackluster decision loss to a very good and improved Leon Edwards

i was impressed but believe a great striker will knock him out. He might have lost this fight had it been 5 rounds

Back