What’s the toughest animal you could beat in unarmed combat?

As long as the animal has no arms either, I think it'd be fair.

Even a cat with that look in it's eyes might catch you slipping.

There have been people that killed Leopards and pumas barehanded, on the other hand there are lots of assholes that kick cats and dogs for fun, I will say cat -beating man, man -beating leopard its a rare exception.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/man-kills-leopard-bare-hands-150000728.html

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...tacking-mountain-lion-bare-hands-said-n971731

https://www.news24.com/News24/Man-rips-leopards-tongue-out-20050622

I feel like I would have a shot at a wolf but after that it’s probably like 0% shot I’d have any success.

How the fuck do 25% men think they are beating a King cobra with one of worlds deadliest venoms, unarmed?

How the fuck do 25% men think they are beating a King cobra with one of worlds deadliest venoms, unarmed?
I thought a lot about that one...one strike and your dead. If I had shoes on, then maybe, just maybe I can so like a front kick or side/teap kick to hit in the head without being hit. It’s all I can think of. Maybe if the bottom of your shoe hit it head on, it might not break skin. Who knows. Cant think of anything else besides trying to trick it

No 5 humans in history unarmed vs any healthy adult elephant would even be remotely close. Even 10 I don't think is an exaggeration.
yeah exactly.

WHAT are you gonna do to an adult elephant without a frigging BIG gun?? A human cannot reach a sensitive area like it's eyes. It's skin is thick and tough. Cannot outrun it. There's no winning against a pissed off elephant. You'd just have to hope it ONLY wanted to scare the crap out of you and not kill you. elephants are very smart too, I think being pacifistic and holding up your hands in the air in an act of apparent surrender is probably your best and only way out of that. But...it will do what it wants to do.

I thought a lot about that one...one strike and your dead. If I had shoes on, then maybe, just maybe I can so like a front kick or side/teap kick to hit in the head without being hit. It’s all I can think of. Maybe if the bottom of your shoe hit it head on, it might not break skin. Who knows. Cant think of anything else besides trying to trick it
I think the best option is : take off a shoe....hold shoe at arms length....LET IT strike and BITE the end of your shoe. It takes a few seconds for a snake to empty it's venom sacks.....so whilst it is pumping venom into your shoe.....GRAB IT HARD behid it's head. That's about your best shot. Let it bite your shoe (keep a good hold of shoe, don't let go) and GRAB IT whilst it's pumping venom. -- it's fangs are occupied for a few seconds at least. That's your big opportunity to take control.

You can probably out-run it. But cannot out-run a green mamba or black mamba (from memory).

last thing....anti-dote to almost any snake venom does exist. If you're in a region of the world where there are King Cobras or Mambas or Taipans....the local hospitals probably always keep that specific anti-venom in stock. Most snakebite will NOT kill you immediately. Rush to get the anti-venom....that can work if it's fast enough.

Any adult human male should be able to kill a dog in a fight to the death. Even large dogs and wolves.

1. Just about any normal sized man would have a significant size and weight advantage over any dog.

2. Dogs only have one weapon--their mouth. All you have to do is dodge a bite. They have no dangerous claws like other animals do. It's like fighting a one-handed boxer. I think most dudes that get bit do so because they're taken by surprise or they're trying to control the dog without hurting it. But if you don't mind hurting the dog and you're facing off ready to fight, it's not that hard to dodge their mouth.

3. Dogs are stupid. If you put out your left arm as a target the dog will always attack that arm. This means you control his actions. You can either sacrifice your arm to gain opportunity, or you can use the arm to bait him into lunging and then pull it away at the last second and grab the dog with your other hand and slam it on the ground.

4. BJJ works on dogs. There have been cases of perps killing police dogs with a rear naked choke.

Not saying you won't get a little bloody, but you'll win

Last edited:
Ive had to subdue a grown German Shepard before. Have the scars on my wrist to prove it. BJJ and wrestling isnt just for defense against humans.

Baseball bat choke ftw.

Figure that's about my limit. Not really interested in trying against anything bigger or more vicious

I feel like I would have a shot at a wolf but after that it’s probably like 0% shot I’d have any success.

Whoa. The competition gets pretty stiff after "wolf."

After wolf I am delusional enough to think I could eek out a draw against something tougher, but not croc, grizzly, and company like that

Are we talking beat is in a fight to the death? Or beat as in "until 1 gives up and/or runs away". B/c most animals would just run away.

If we took away that instinct and fight to the death I'd probably stop around a large-ish dog. I'd get hurt but I could kill it.

No way anyone is beating a jacked up Roo or a chimp. OK, well maybe some 300 pound strongman beats achimp but he'd be badly injured.

Realistically, a single coyote, maybe an un-antlered deer.

The only dogs I'd fear would be some Bandog or Livestock guardian over 120-130lbs. I've worked with enough dogs of various breeds and sizes to realize they all basically have the same fighting technique, only one weapon and they aren't hard to time. If they do latch on, if you can keep composure and not be taken down, you have a free hand to do as you please.

rsz__20150508_210340.jpg

Guy had a vise for jaws, and it wouldn't be pretty, but I could have taken him if need be.

An ant. I'd take some bruises but I'm confident
I'd still come out on top.

Had to choke out a raged out pitbull once, but I think I can take Godzilla.

I'd rather fight 3 King Cobras than 1 Chimp. No fucking way i'd fight a chimp.

A King Cobra works by having half it's body on the ground and raising the other half up high and striking down FAST towards you -- it can ONLY REACH as far as the amount of it's body is off the ground. If that's 2feet, then if you are 2.5feet away it CANNOT get you. It could frighten you but it cannot reach you as long as you stay out of strike range. Do not get closer than the height of the Cobra's head is above the ground.
With any snake ....(ok boa constrictor is different!) get a FIRM HARD grip just behind it's head and it can do nothing to you. Once a snake is put into a dark bag then it's over, it calms down.

Also....crocodiles. If it's chasing you....it's FAST but it CANNOT change direction fast at all, so run in zig-zags. I spent time in Australia years ago and learnt all this stuff. Crocodiles kill you by NOT eating you : they grab a limb in their mouth and drag you into water and DROWN you. Also prob do a death roll too : will rip off an arm or leg.

anyway....I'd rather face a crocodile and a King Cobra than an angry Chimp. Hell no. That lady got her face torn off by a chimp -- utterly devastating injuries.
King cobras can raise about a 1/3 of their body off the ground and can reach lengths of 18’. So they can literally bite most sherdog manlets in the face.

Realistically, a single coyote, maybe an un-antlered deer.

The only dogs I'd fear would be some Bandog or Livestock guardian over 120-130lbs. I've worked with enough dogs of various breeds and sizes to realize they all basically have the same fighting technique, only one weapon and they aren't hard to time. If they do latch on, if you can keep composure and not be taken down, you have a free hand to do as you please.

View attachment 854722

Guy had a vise for jaws, and it wouldn't be pretty, but I could have taken him if need be.

Coyotes aren't even that big.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derik
Back