What Are You Currently Playing? v.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried that new tetris game on gamepass last night. Sweaty and i think i had a heart attack or something. That game messes with your face organs.

Is that the "Blade Runner"-like detective game, with Rutger Hauer?

If so, it's really good, barring a few highly irritating sections that don't really belong in the game.
lol i started that game blackout drunk and tried to pick it back up sober and I'm like I have no idea what to do lol. I think my cousin was murdered or something

Anyone playing the new Yakuza so far? I’m enjoying the game so far, but this shit has a lot of cutscenes that are typically long.

Finished Ori and the Blind Forest. I usually avoid platformers because I'm so shit at them but I really liked this. It has a very smooth learning curve and while there were bits that I struggled with it was generally very satisfying, with situations generally easy to figure out but tricky to get through. It also has a generous save system so it was kind of the ideal game for me and my level. Graphically it was also spectacular. Encourages me to try something else in the genre like maybe Shovel Knight or Spelunky

Started The Hong Kong Massacre which is like Max Payne mixed with Hotline Miami mixed with John Woo. You have small set pieces against maybe 5-10 baddies who have laser accuracy and will kill you instantly, but you can dive for a tiny burst of invincibility and also go slow mo. The scenery is destructible so there's a good sense of chaos and damage

Also started Graveyard Keeper which is heavily influenced by Stardew Valley, just you're running a graveyard (although it has farming too). I'm only a couple of hours in but it's obviously packed full of content and shit to do (And there are DLC expansions which I haven't gotten yet but may do). It's cheerful and cute like Stardew, but then you're also doing shit like harvesting meat from dead bodies and selling it down the butchers and shit. Very promising

Last edited:
I've been hesitant to post ITT because I'm about 15h into Hollow Knight and...just don't know what yet to think. Visually from concepts to colour and especially local lighting, what a wonderful adventure. The game in a way is life as an insect, which sounds silly but it works; I really dig the gloom of it all (lots of purples and black) as well as the many morose chars.

Having to stumble about underground for regional maps so one can see where to explore or revisit has me on the fence as it undermines successful exploration assuming you do not happen upon that one nook, of one stage, of one room, under that one thing where your progress can be realised by finding your resident cartographer's sorry-I-missed-you note, which then requires your trekking to resurface in acquiring the -- wait for it, actual map. Ugh. No. Just no.

The Metroidvania staple of backtracking in this is not fun, really at all and be it forced upon you by death or gaining a new ability, and that's usually my jam in addition to every swing of sword or crack of whip being life or lose it all. What's missing here for me, I just don't know.

Not unlike a vagabond or drifting bum in cape, I've concluded from my charm bank that I'm too all over the place; I've first-row charms and then latter-bank ones such as Baldur Shell and Dreamshield with so many missing rows in between. While admittedly forcing a rethink on HK's stagway system, one introduction I reckon to improve this game would have been to allow for early fast-travel between discovered resting benches; charging geo for as much would be fine, in order to preserve the free travel (once unlocked) between Stag Stations.

Going to keep playing. Feel lost right now, TBH, and so tired of braving areas only to have to turn around. Amongst newer 2D platformers at time of writing, Blasphemous outshines HK, IMO. Sorry for length.

/Unmotivated knight out

I've been hesitant to post ITT because I'm about 15h into Hollow Knight and...just don't know what yet to think. Visually from concepts to colour and especially local lighting, what a wonderful adventure. The game in a way is life as an insect, which sounds silly but it works; I really dig the gloom of it all (lots of purples and black) as well as the many morose chars.

Having to stumble about underground for regional maps so one can see where to explore or revisit has me on the fence as it undermines successful exploration assuming you do not happen upon that one nook, of one stage, of one room, under that one thing where your progress can be realised by finding your resident cartographer's sorry-I-missed-you cassette, which then requires your trekking to resurface in acquiring the -- wait for it, actual map. Ugh. No. Just no.

The Metroidvania staple of backtracking in this is not fun, really at all and be it forced upon you by death or gaining a new ability, and that's usually my jam in addition to every swing of sword or crack of whip being life or lose it all. What's missing here for me, I just don't know.

Not unlike a vagabond or drifting bum in cape, I've concluded from my charm bank that I'm too all over the place; I've first-row charms and then latter-bank ones such as Baldur Shell and Dreamshield with so many missing rows in between. While admittedly forcing a rethink on HK's stagway system, one introduction I reckon to improve this game would have been to allow for early fast-travel between discovered resting benches; charging geo for as much would be fine, in order to preserve the free travel (once unlocked) between Stag Stations.

Going to keep playing. Feel lost right now, TBH, and so tired of braving areas only to have to turn around. Amongst newer 2D platformers at time of writing, Blasphemous outshines HK, IMO. Sorry for length.

/Unmotivated knight out

It's a great game, but the flaws you pointed out are spot on. Especially the unnecessarily annoying map system. It's also just hard enough that backtracking can be a chore, and it does get extremely confusing at times. Especially at around the halfway point where the map get a little too big for it's own good.

A fast travel option to the surface would've done that game wonders as well. If for nothing else, but a quick reset for when you go down a wrong path and have to scratch and claw your way out of ass rape central.

Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings

Good shit. I love old-school JRPGs.

I will be playing WoW: Shadowlands if I can ever get onto my fucking server.

Bought Titanfall 2 since it was on sale. Multiplayer is a ton of fun!

Bought Titanfall 2 since it was on sale. Multiplayer is a ton of fun!
One of the all-time funnest MP experiences, IMO. Rodeoing was the biz. Campaign is rad too; don't not fire that up and jump in. Which Titan are you piloting?

Trying No Man's Sky today.

Between learning the control, having to get lucky with sodium and get lucky with caves when the first storm hits, the game is a right cunt.

Trails of Cold Steel IV is now my life for the next few days. So long as the PS store gets it's shit together and lets me download the fucking thing.

Beat the game and it was absolutely amazing. Wish I would have got to play more with some of the other characters but they did give me a nice amount of play time with them so can't complain to much.

I saw some shitty reviews for this game referencing the large cast being an issue. At first I thought that was dumb. They invested so much time into so many characters of course the cast will be large and now we want to play with all of them or at least the ones you like. I thought it was great that for the most part you could always pick 2-3 characters you wanted.

As the game progressed I started to understand a bit more what they meant though. There was so much dialogue in this game because of all the characters. Wish the dialogue would have been more optional than necessary. Ending was great but I can see why people were mad. Personally I think we see Rean again. This series is horrible at getting rid of characters. I'm surprised we haven't seen Leo again.

Did you go back and get the secret ending? I don't want to discuss anymore unless you did. If you did please see below

We got a lot more info on what the plan is for Ourboros. Seems like their whole purpose for reviving all this ancient technology was to stop humans from being able to use it anymore. For what purpose? Are these tools a threat to their master so he wants to get rid of them before revealing himself? Perhaps he's really the good guy and is doing this to protect us from some future threat? Ourboros and their villains' operate differently so I've always wondered if their end game was for the benefit of everyone even if their approach is less than ideal.

Great end to a great series. I'm actually looking forward to the next game. The last two games I've rushed through them because I'm so interested in what will happen I'm not sitting back and enjoying the journey. Now that this story is wrapped up I can calmly play through the next one in the series without feeling the need to rush through and see what happens.

Reactions: Zer
Cold War. Campaign is the worst in the series since WW2 and Im a sucker for COD campaigns.....I mean unoriginal characters, bullet sponge enemies, exploding red barrels, invisible map boundaries... They really phoned this one in.

Last edited:
Cold War. Campaign is the worst in the series since WW2 and Im a sucker for COD campaigns.....I mean unoriginal characters, bullet sponge enemies, exploding red barrels, invisible map boundaries... They really phoned this one in.

That's a shame. Got it for free with my 3080 was going to go ahead and try it out. I gave the code to a buddy of mine because he clued me into best buy getting more inventory and I hate COD games but they check to see if you have a 3080 installed and if not the code wont work.

Beat the game and it was absolutely amazing. Wish I would have got to play more with some of the other characters but they did give me a nice amount of play time with them so can't complain to much.

I saw some shitty reviews for this game referencing the large cast being an issue. At first I thought that was dumb. They invested so much time into so many characters of course the cast will be large and now we want to play with all of them or at least the ones you like. I thought it was great that for the most part you could always pick 2-3 characters you wanted.

As the game progressed I started to understand a bit more what they meant though. There was so much dialogue in this game because of all the characters. Wish the dialogue would have been more optional than necessary. Ending was great but I can see why people were mad. Personally I think we see Rean again. This series is horrible at getting rid of characters. I'm surprised we haven't seen Leo again.

Did you go back and get the secret ending? I don't want to discuss anymore unless you did. If you did please see below

We got a lot more info on what the plan is for Ourboros. Seems like their whole purpose for reviving all this ancient technology was to stop humans from being able to use it anymore. For what purpose? Are these tools a threat to their master so he wants to get rid of them before revealing himself? Perhaps he's really the good guy and is doing this to protect us from some future threat? Ourboros and their villains' operate differently so I've always wondered if their end game was for the benefit of everyone even if their approach is less than ideal.

Great end to a great series. I'm actually looking forward to the next game. The last two games I've rushed through them because I'm so interested in what will happen I'm not sitting back and enjoying the journey. Now that this story is wrapped up I can calmly play through the next one in the series without feeling the need to rush through and see what happens.
Glad you enjoyed it man!

I agree with most of what you said. Ouroboros is such a great antagonist, and even 9 games into the series, they are still mysterious and a legitimate threat, even with all the power creep.

What did you think about the Mcburn stuff?

That's a shame. Got it for free with my 3080 was going to go ahead and try it out. I gave the code to a buddy of mine because he clued me into best buy getting more inventory and I hate COD games but they check to see if you have a 3080 installed and if not the code wont work.

Eh... Might be worth a playthrough for free. It's short.

Last edited:
Glad you enjoyed it man!

I agree with most of what you said. Ouroboros is such a great antagonist, and even 9 games into the series, they are still mysterious and a legitimate threat, even with all the power creep.

What did you think about the Mcburn stuff?

If your talking about him being from another world I'm not even sure what to think about it. They kind of just threw the information out there and then moved on. It's interesting but I'll need to know more. This series is always moving in six different directions at once. Some story lines they move a long quicker than others. I think the other worlds stuff wont really come into play until the end of the series. We got a lot of answers in this series but also some new questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hardscarf
Back