What are you currently playing? v.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valhoven

Parliament of Will
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Reaction score
In ushering in another grand weekend for gaming, WAYCP spawns anew.

Respect Your Elders
edition:

tenor.gif

EachQuerulousHawk-size_restricted.gif

CourageousImpassionedBlesbok-size_restricted.gif

giphy.gif

d0db60afd28a7bace47598990cbfa75f.gif

8srbur4ijjo31.jpg

Game on.

@Dizzy

Death's door is the next game I play after Hollow Knight.

Looked at some footage for 1 min or so and it looks adorable. Want to go in blind like HK.

As for HK, when they were designing White Palace, they mustve had hemorrhoids,
that shit is some painful platforming,
loving the pain though lol.

I literally spent an hour or so doing 1 platforming thing, From has conditioned me to bash my head against the wall till I get a concussion and go to sleep, or get that sweet victory.

I urge anyone whose a fan of exploring, discovering and stumbling on new locations, characters and like challenging games that dont handhold, to give HK a go.

Playing Breath of the Wild for the first time, about 30 hours in and have killed 2 of the divine beasts. Really enjoying just exploring and doing whatever the hell I want. Shrines are super fun and add lots of variety. Love the sheer amount of weapons in the game too, sure the breaking of the weapons is annoying but it forces you to adapt and try so many fun weapons. Also super satisfying finding the Koroks. Been enjoying the game a lot.

@Dizzy

Death's door is the next game I play after Hollow Knight.

Looked at some footage for 1 min or so and it looks adorable. Want to go in blind like HK.

As for HK, when they were designing White Palace, they mustve had hemorrhoids,
that shit is some painful platforming,
loving the pain though lol.

I literally spent an hour or so doing 1 platforming thing, From has conditioned me to bash my head against the wall till I get a concussion and go to sleep, or get that sweet victory.

I urge anyone whose a fan of exploring, discovering and stumbling on new locations, characters and like challenging games that dont handhold, to give HK a go.
Nice, highly recommend. It scratches that old school Zelda itch. It’s charming, funny, surprisingly good combat system. Not a big time commitment either. I’m less than 10 hours in and I’ve got one more dungeon to go (seemingly).

Nice, highly recommend. It scratches that old school Zelda itch. It’s charming, funny, surprisingly good combat system. Not a big time commitment either. I’m less than 10 hours in and I’ve got one more dungeon to go (seemingly).
Nice, I really cant handle games longer than 15 hours in recent times, Hollow Knight is just that special. Im itching for a good Zelda like title. I also really need to get on Link's Awakening and dust off that switch.
Playing Breath of the Wild for the first time, about 30 hours in and have killed 2 of the divine beasts. Really enjoying just exploring and doing whatever the hell I want. Shrines are super fun and add lots of variety. Love the sheer amount of weapons in the game too, sure the breaking of the weapons is annoying but it forces you to adapt and try so many fun weapons. Also super satisfying finding the Koroks. Been enjoying the game a lot.
Thats because its a top 3 game of all time. Its so damn good. Enjoy it mate.

@Nova44

That’s the dude who’s vids I stumbled upon, Fireb0rn. Was of him speedrun racing another guy and he literally finished like 6 seconds faster. Every movement they make is calculated perfectly. Pretty crazy.

I finished White Palace last night and started the Path of Pain, but was done after about 30 mins. Gonna give it another go tonight.

Curse of The Dead Gods

I believe this is a bare bones "Hades" clone from what I've seen, but it's quality stuff. No real story, but the rogue-lite dungeon crawler elements are tight and addictive, nonetheless. Good little time waster.

MGSV

Got Mother Base up to a respectable level, and I'm just messing around now with no fucks given. The game is a lot more fun that way.

Started Yakuza 0 last night and I have to say I don't really care for the style so far. I'll keep going for a bit to see if I start to enjoy it more.

Mass Effect 3

Is Andromeda any good?
It’s definitely flawed as a “Mass Effect” game, but it is a good game. Worth a play through for sure. I actually just got done running it back a few months ago. Playing through the ME:Trilogy made me play it again.

Of you have a Xbox it’s free from EA play.

Yakuza Kiwami. Told myself I was gonna work my way through the series and I'm loving it so far.
Horizon Zero Dawn. Going through my PS4 backlog with my son. We've had a pretty great time on this one so far.
Hunter: Call of the wild. I enjoy it, but my patience seems to be lacking at times. Tracking those animals can be a chore. But when you get that kill it's noice. I got a two for one the other day after about 20 minutes. Tracked a deer that I had shot earlier. There was another deer standing by the one that finally died. I switched over to the handgun and lit the deer up. Had to track that one for about 10 minutes before I could claim the body.

Mass Effect 3

Is Andromeda any good?
Yes and no. I'm a huge mass effect game. So my hopes for Andromeda were massive. Definitely didn't live up to my expectations. And then you hear that they were focusing on anthem and essentially assigned Andromeda to their B team. But it's was enjoyable as a whole. Once I got over what I thought it should be.

Started Yakuza 0 last night and I have to say I don't really care for the style so far. I'll keep going for a bit to see if I start to enjoy it more.

Yeah i tried Yakuza 0 last year i think. Beat the first boss guy and it did nothing for me, uninstalled and never played it again.

They're an acquired taste. The main stories are really good, and the side quests usually offer some absurd entertainment, but the gameplay itself is a little meh. Constantly running around in the open world fighting trash mob after trash mob can get a bit grating, and the core fighting gameplay is extremely repetitive with a not so deep fighting system, that most will not bother experimenting with anyways, since you can beat most enemies with the same three moves, and most side activities are pretty simplistic, half baked, and are fun for five minutes.

They all certainly give you your money's worth though, if you can get into them and get past their shortcomings.

Hollow Knight is half off on steam so I had to buy it. Was already on my radar but its been a hot topic here and it was on sale so I felt I had to get it.
Been watching someone play this recently. I'm not really one for platformers but it looks quite fun. Perhaps i'll give it a go at some point.

They're an acquired taste. The main stories are really good, and the side quests usually offer some absurd entertainment, but the gameplay itself is a little meh. Constantly running around in the open world fighting trash mob after trash mob can get a bit grating, and the core fighting gameplay is extremely repetitive with a not so deep fighting system, that most will not bother experimenting with anyways, since you can beat most enemies with the same three moves, and most side activities are pretty simplistic, half baked, and are fun for five minutes.

They all certainly give you your money's worth though, if you can get into them and get past their shortcomings.

I think that it depends on what you expect.

I absolutely loved Shenmue as a kid, and grew up on SEGA titles and consoles when I was younger, so I'm more accustomed to the gameplay to those who didn't.

It's a shame that some people in this thread don't like Yakuza 0. It's not the most polished game in some areas, but what it does right, is absolutely stellar.

Definitely in the all-time top 3 for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back