What are you playing? v.9 (Kefka Edition)

Is a bad launch a death sentence for a new IP?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Merry Christmas SherGamers!!

Does no one really want RE4: Remake for Steam haha. Maybe it’s just because no one looks at this thread haha.
Strange. If I still played on PC I would have hopped on it immediately but I don't anymore. Thought this would have been gone instantly.

How the heck do you get the glider? I just found Flexwood, which looks like it will let me build the Tears of the Kingdom-style vehicles. But I don't remember seeing anything for a glider.
You need to make a loom machine. I think you get it in level 7. Or after making flexwood rod

Last edited:
Started GTAV again. I never finished the campaign and I'm enjoying it quite a bit so far. I've played so many "Souls like" games this year I forgot how fun and relaxing normal games can be lol.

Stuck on The Rotten and Smelter Demon in Dark Souls 2.

Started GTAV again. I never finished the campaign and I'm enjoying it quite a bit so far. I've played so many "Souls like" games this year I forgot how fun and relaxing normal games can be lol.

Stuck on The Rotten and Smelter Demon in Dark Souls 2.
The Rotten? That big fucker with the meat cleaver? Go wreck his shit. He's easy. He's basically just a gigantic normal enemy, with telegraphed sweeping attacks. The area before him is tough(more cheap, really), but he's a pushover.

Smelter Demon on the other hand...yeah, he's a dick.

The Rotten? That big fucker with the meat cleaver? Go wreck his shit. He's easy. He's basically just a gigantic normal enemy, with telegraphed sweeping attacks. The area before him is tough(more cheap, really), but he's a pushover.

Smelter Demon on the other hand...yeah, he's a dick.
Yeah I just got to the Rotten last night and only tried him a few times. Smelter Demon on the other hand.......

I can't get the NPC summon to spawn. I'm not hollow, I'm not in the Covenant of Champions it's just not there.

Yeah I just got to the Rotten last night and only tried him a few times. Smelter Demon on the other hand.......

I can't get the NPC summon to spawn. I'm not hollow, I'm not in the Covenant of Champions it's just not there.
Only thing I can think of, is that you're not actually at an NPC summon point, but a player summon point, who just can't be arsed. Other than that, I don't know. Never had a problem summoning the NPC guys.

Really enjoying The Finals right now. Will be playing it until they fix Apex Legends.

Beat Death Stranding. Thought it was fantastic. The ending was especially good.

Started up Strangers of Paradise. Barely got into it at all but the combat isn't inspiring confidence so far. Not bad either just wanted a bit better. Going to give it more time and see if it improves.

Here it is fellas. How big of a lazy, unproductive piece of shit I am. Of course this doesn’t include PS5/Steam play time as well, but the Series X is my main console haha.

Only 9 away from 1,000 achievements damn it. I think I’ll get em by years end, except I work every day from tmrw to New Years.

New Year’s resolution? More gaming just kidding.
1703698920338.png

Fellow Steam Players!!

I'm feeling festive and I'm giving away a Steam code to one of the best games of 2023, Resident Evil 4 remake. I'd only like to gift it to someone who's never played RE4 or at least hasn't played the remake. I guess whoever wants it just reply and tell your RE4 history on whether you've played it or not.
You're better off creating a thread for it, someone will want it. I absolutely loved it! I hope they do Code Veronica next!

Merry Christmas SherGamers!!

Does no one really want RE4: Remake for Steam haha. Maybe it’s just because no one looks at this thread haha.
Wait, did no one take you up on this!? I'll gladly play the hell out of it if it is still available.

Still playing RoboCop: Rogue City from Teyon and having a blast.

The grab mechanic never gets old and that goes for the deadpan one-liners too. So great.

RoboCop himself looks fantastic graphically with OG actor Peter Weller voicing char to life. This studio is famous for their eye for authenticity and detail; title lives up to the rep.

Almost done with Moonscars. It was an ok game but a few things kind of bugged me. Primarily the terrible button response and the dash. To super dash and go up you have to hold dash and then hit jump. There’s a timing to it but it’s really tedious. You can tell the devs planned for this because in many parts of the game when you have to use it, spiked walls are at the bottom and if you don’t time the jump properly, you slam right into them.

Also, the last boss is annoying af and 10x harder than anything in the game. The whole game was cake until you reach this dude.

I started The Last Faith and while the button response is good (almost too good) you need to count your button presses because you’ll stay in animation if you mash and it’ll get you killed. There’s also an annoying instance in which your character does this weird back slide that can randomly get you in trouble that’s also quite annoying.

Finished Yakuza Like a Dragon and grinding right now in the Kamaroucho dungeons to run the true Final Millenium Tower for the "platinum" as you ponies say.

Loved the game glad you guys suggested it. One of the best written, hilarious and well made titles I have ever played.

Here it is fellas. How big of a lazy, unproductive piece of shit I am. Of course this doesn’t include PS5/Steam play time as well, but the Series X is my main console haha.

Only 9 away from 1,000 achievements damn it. I think I’ll get em by years end, except I work every day from tmrw to New Years.

New Year’s resolution? More gaming just kidding.
View attachment 1020162
I guess I beat you.. *shrugs*

1703820659454.png

Dragon's Dogma

Well, I tried to really get into it, but the early game just fucking sucks. It's nothing but backtracking and fighting the same mobs over and over again for very little reward, only to run into to some enemy that is incredibly unbalanced and frustrating, which just leads to more backtracking. It's funny, because I actually put up with it the first time I played it, and got over the hump ad made it pretty far, but gave it up for another game. Can't be arsed to do it again. Oh' well.

Speaking of games with rough beginnings...

Divinity: Original Sin 2

Now, I knew this was a gonna be a bit rough, as CRPG's tend to absolutely rape you with no remorse for your incredibly basic understanding of all of their needlessly complicated mechanics. I finished off the tutorial area, and thought "Oh', okay, this is manageable". Get past that, and every enemy is a death machine. I'm in the very first hub world, and every single path in in the main quest, is just pure misery. No sense of balance, whatsoever. You're tasked with escaping this area, and every path feels literally impossible. Not even lulling you into a sense of security. Go here you're dead, go there you're dead, go there you're dead. It just annihilates you. All of sudden, every enemy is taking half of your PARTY'S health, in one shot. Strategy? What fucking strategy? A single dude just lit everyone on fire, and took all of our health to half in his very first move. It's ridiculous.

Outside of that, it's a fun game. Controls are surprisingly good on console, it looks great(for what it is), and all of the little stories and dialogue options are great. This might be the first game I turn down to "story mode", just to see it through. Gonna give some Youtube strats a go, but my fuck, can these games get the fuck out of their "super nerd" base difficulty? It's so off putting, and it's why they retain a "cult" status. Make this shit a bit more digestible for the average gamer, and they would sell like crazy.

Have made pretty good progress on The Last Faith. Overall I think it’s just Ok. It’s got decent exploration and the combat is good. There have been more than one bug I’ve come across with the big one being a boss not loading after you enter his arena. You have to shut the game down and then re-start to get him to appear and often times it was only once. I’m digging the artwork and love the fatalities.

I’m running Dex + Mind build and it just feels like boss life pools anre incredibly large. They can take a while to bring down and it feels like death by a 1,000 cuts.

Bosses are harder than Blasphemous but it fails in every other aspect to capture its magic.

Prince of Persia is looking more interesting by the day. It’s giving me Aeterna vibes. Something I need to go back and finished but is daunting af.

Divinity: Original Sin 2

Okay, holy shit, this game doesn't tell you anything. One simple little trick saved me(for now). Breaking up your party and positions during dialogue with hostile enemies. Hey, hey, my whole party isn't getting decimated in one move, and I can actually position my party to not get annihilated, and instead actually gain a tactical advantage.

There's quite a difference between "hand holding", and "go fuck yourself". This game chose the latter. Oh' yeah game, well I got Youtube, so suck it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back