Crime What did the cops do wrong today Megathread Vol. 6 ? (who knows, lots of cop threads)

Sorry if already posted.

Black men tortured by cops for the crime of being roommates with a cripped white woman, one of whom has been friends with one of the victims for years.

NSFW details.

Abner Louima all over again.

This case was next level stuff. Like some fever dream from Quentin Tarantino. One of the worst abuses of police authority I can remember in recent memory(at least where the victim(s) lived to tell about it).

That's protocol, albeit unnecessary and moronic

Yeah, that’s my joke. They follow protocol during the least necessary situations and then shoot from the hip when caution and tact are required.

For me, it almost always boils down to a lack of common sense and any formal education. I’m not saying necessarily 4-year college degree, but some of these guys really need better training. Beyond the classroom.

Yeah, that’s my joke. They follow protocol during the least necessary situations and then shoot from the hip when caution and tact are required.

For me, it almost always boils down to a lack of common sense and any formal education. I’m not saying necessarily 4-year college degree, but some of these guys really need better training. Beyond the classroom.

No. Let’s require four year degrees or at least be put on a path to obtain one. I had a four year degree when I joined and I got absolutely nothing for it. I know it made me a better cop that most, better prepared me to take promotional exams that made me reach the ranks of corporal and sergeant more quickly than any officer in department history. Now, I have a masters in criminology and if I were able physically and had not had to medically retire, I would have been an even better cop than I ever was because of that education.

Require four year degrees or agreement to obtain one through free or reduced college fees, maybe even through agreements from local colleges to actually improve the level of policing the community receives. It’s an investment in the community and a way to give back by colleges for the community and good press for them.

Requite much more training. Relevant training. Not the “racial bias” bullshit they have Ben pushing, but constitutional law training, so much more defensive tactics training, less lethal training, de-escalation training, tactical considerations and refresher training on domestic laws and a greater focus on knowing the laws you enforce.

I was the head defensive tactics instructor for 13 years for my department and the taser and oc instructor for 12 years. I also taught free women’s rape prevention and self defense courses free of charge for my community as a way to give back. I had to fucking beg to do any kind of defensive tactics training for my department. I was used to train new hires so they could work the streets prior to going to the police academy. I got them for one week, and one week only. They would spend weeks in the academy on the topic. I focused on ground work mostly because I felt it was the most important aspect of police use of force(I did not handle firearms training, but tried to incorporate those considerations into my training. I think officers should spend significant chunks or training and an adequate training facility in which to do so and continue doing so. We have an mma school in town where I used to train and they offer free training to law enforcement, which I think is a fantastic idea. The main problem with defensive tactics training is staffing. How can you schedule dt training, or any training, when covering the officers that are training need coverage for the city while they train? OT budget took a serious hit during any training, so law enforcement has a pathetic requirement by the government to attend 16 hours per year for some type, any type of training. That number needs bumped a lot and there should be an absolute minimum requirement to do 40 hours per year for defensive tactics training every single year and officer should encouraged and monetarily compensated to keep up physical standards and training in their off time. This absolutely benefits the entire community and increases the quality of service the community gets.

There needs to be national use of force standards and standardized training for dt. However, I totally disagree with their views on chokes for law enforcement officers. I successfully and safely utilized my mma training and tools to end so many fights quickly and effectively without incident. After one of the lieutenants caught wind of my abilities, two things happened. I was asked to be the new dt instructor and I was told to not choke anyone anymore. Having trained bjj since 97, occasionally, instinct took over and it happened every once in a while, most exclusively during violent felony arrests, I remember two occasions in which I had to consciously not choke someone. Both times I got hurt and in one, the suspect was hurt. We fought a very large, very violent man fresh out of prison and he wasn’t playing by the rules. He gave up his back and I had to tell myself not to choke him. That led to me getting bitten very hard, breaking the skin, getting punched and kneed in the face by another officer and then I was absolutely blasted by pepperspray to my face. I could have ended both fights instantly and safely, but I had to fight both large, fresh out of prison, very violent, and very dangerous subjects. But the national push to end chokes because certain communities feel that chokes are killing people left and right and are even attributed falsely to several high profile deaths. The most prominent being Eric garner, who was choked very very briefly but it is widely and incorrectly said that he was choked to death, which he wasn’t. The reason for his arrest was where police went wrong and garner fighting police is where it went wrong and his death was both unnecessary and widely blown out of proportion.

It's very difficult to teach common sense. Someone can definitely improve their common sense with life experience, education, training, exposure to different things, etc but at the end of the day it's partially an innate quality. I have met so many people who are highly educated and have very little common sense.

Dallas Cops Laugh After Disabled Veteran Peed Himself Because He Wasn’t Allowed To Use Restaurant Bathroom!

https://worldstar.com/videos/wshh2R...e-he-wasnt-allowed-to-use-restaurant-bathroom

These cops would get shot in the face and I wouldn't care.

Pretty fucking disgusting on all fronts. While, ciris is a known trash pizza place, it is completely their choice to deny a non customer the use of a bathroom whatever their circumstance, with that said, it is disgusting that they are like this. They fucking act like it costs them something to accommodate a disabled person. If he were some junkie always hanging around, begging for money-that’s one thing, but if he were just passing through, and was not a known issue, they should have accommodated him to use the damn restroom.

As for the cops, disgraceful. Again, if it was a known homeless shithead that was causing a problem, that’s one thing. A normal, but disabled vet, is completely a different set of circumstances. A lot of homeless claim to be veterans, clearly lying about it. Getting kicked out of basic does not make you a military vet. But if genuine, this pisses me off.

WeLp He’S cLeARly DeAd…bEtTer CuFf Him dErP.

While I completely disagree with the practice in this situation, many departments have policies detailing the practice. If the suspect is armed and then shot by police, or the subject is violent and then incapacities, they are handcuffed for the safety of the officers and the firefighters/paramedics responding to provide treatment. I have discussed this particular incident at length. I don’t have as much issue with the tasting, just the timing that it occurred. If you wish to discuss that further; I am game. However, the handcuffing of this guy at this particular moment was not only unnecessary, but doing so, could cause further neck spine injury to someone just run over by a vehicle. Again, I am guessing policy to do. People get very upset over the searching and handcuffing of a suspect after being shot by police. In almost all cases, if police have justified cause ti shoot said subject, again, justified being the key term here, I don’t give a fuck if they handcuff him if he were armed and shooting at police or others, in short, fuck those guys. This guy was a fucking idiot and fleeing into traffic. They tasered him to try and prevent him from getting someone else killed by running into traffic. That’s 100% on him. The officers not realizing exactly the location they were when using the taser was on him, their situational awareness was compromised because they had ti chase him into oncoming traffic, again, on him. They clearly did not know their exact location in relation to the roadway when tasering because you get hyper focused on targeting the subject and not necessarily, on where (location) of ou are tasing him. His family will sadly get millions and I would not be surprised to see the traumatized driver get a few hundred k for this. Again, all on him, but not how civil courts tend to see things.

It's very difficult to teach common sense. Someone can definitely improve their common sense with life experience, education, training, exposure to different things, etc but at the end of the day it's partially an innate quality. I have met so many people who are highly educated and have very little common sense.

My father was a neurologist. He was very highly regarded across the entire nation for his ability to diagnose and treat medical conditions. He was contacted by other doctors across the country for his skills. Mostly, it is because he had an idedic memory and memorized entire books on subjects and disorders. Sadly, in my father’s case, despite repeated offers to accept positions at John’s Hopkins and other renowned institutions, he chose to remain in this area out of a sense of loyalty to both the area in which he grew up and a desire to give back to the community, and his loyalty to the clinic in which he first started and refused to leave. In the 1990s, the clinic began to falter. Almost all of the doctors fled the area and crossed the border into neighboring states and made a lot more money. My father refused, again, out of a sense of loyalty to both the clinic, area, and most of all, his patients.

Sadly, he passed in May. It was not peaceful. I was holding his hand and it was not a “went to sleep” scenario. I will forever be emotionally scared and traumatized by what I observed and witnessed. He was in assisted living when he fell. They determined he needed back surgery, much the same as mine. He was sent to a nursing home to recover, and five days after his surgery, he was assisted to the bathroom by a single nurse’s aide. Another patient, from the adjoining room and sharing a bathroom, entered the bathroom, and upset that he was using the bathroom when she needed to, shoved him off of the toilet, chasing him to break his leg. It took 20 minutes for the understaffed nursing home to be able to get him off of the floor and then much longer to get him x-rated and determined his leg was broken. He never recovered. Multiple infections and bed sores that became infected, lying unresponsive for many hours until my mom noticed and brought it to the attention of a nurse, who ignored it, and then she I sister something be done. He was admitted to the er with an extremely bad bladder infection. His urine was milk colored and his fever was insane. After several more hospital admissions, he was placed on hospice and passed. We are currently reviewing legal options and we’re just turned down by a large law firm yesterday, but have not given up. My thoughts are that the nursing home was too small for them to bother with, idk.

Anyway, sorry, I had to vent, but my father, as absolutely brilliant as he was, had zero common sense. Again, an absolute genius, but no common sense

This is one of the more infuriating videos I have seen. I am sure @nhbbear will tell you it is textbook policing, but this piece of shit right here is exactly why I never shed a tear when i hear abut the loss of a cop "in the line of duty." This guy is a terrorist. Plain and simple. And he can do it legally. They tell this guy to leave for no reason, and when he does, they pull a gun on him, cuff him, and shoot him in the face wit a taser. Once at the station, this piece of shit continues to go after the guy.

Of course not a damned thing will happen because it almost never does. Both these cops have massive attitude problems and are a huge danger to the community. It is claimed the man was tased up to 35 times

Here he is bullying and belittling the guy at the jail

^^^^^^^^
Apparently he was then suspended for another incident where he pulled a 16 year old out of his car and beat the shot out of him. No update since mid July which tells me they are just keeping it quiet so they can sweep it under the rug and go back to business as usual

Back