What do you think about Italy and Italian people?

The only thing I like about Italy is their women, they're phenomenal.

I have been to Italy. Don’t know what it’s like now but 10 years ago it was an incredibly beautiful place. Jaw dropping gorgeous compared to Canada, or Ireland, or England or most places in the USA.

The women are beautiful, yes.

And the food is absolutely awesome. (Outside Rome, which was still very good)

Seriously, shockingly good. Way better than the rest of Europe, or America, or anywhere else I have been. I would be very surprised to go to a country with better food. The stuff they serve on street corners is better than anything we eat in most North American restaurants.

Italy was one of the best places in the world to visit for sure. Probably still is. The only negative thing I can say is they don’t care about trains being on time, really.

I guess another negative is their government is bat shit crazy and their politics have taken a really bad turn for the worse, they are destroying the country slowly. But that can be turned around. Gotta love Italy.

I was in Italy for ten days last month. Overall Northern Italy is beautiful. Milan is an okay city. Lots of history and architecture but not the most exciting unless you are into high dollar shopping.

Rome had some great spots but other areas were dirty and there was trash and graffiti everywhere. The touristy places like Vatican and the colosseum were awesome sights but the shear number of people they let in at one time sucks and hinders the experience.

The food is incredible and there are gorgeous women everywhere. Overall the people were cool but some of them can't be bothered. I feel like the ones who live in the tourist areas are probably fed up with the tourists.

Venice was probably the coolest city I visited.

The only negative thing I can say is they don’t care about trains being on time, really.
I was thinking while I was in Italy that their train system is great except for that.

Whereas in Japan, they have an amazing train system and they profusely apologize if the train is running one minute late because it's rarely not on time.

I was thinking while I was in Italy that their train system is great except for that.

Whereas in Japan, they have an amazing train system and they profusely apologize if the train is running one minute late because it's rarely not on time.

I would love to go to Japan. I might do that this year.

I live on Long Island. I have been to Italy. I work a lot in the city, including Brooklyn. The sign on the Belt Pkwy when you leave BK says "fuggetaboditt". The Italians I deal with here ARE not even a close representation of true Italians. They have made their own words and culture lol. They cut letters off words and make shit up. The women can be tough and can be brats. The guys can be stereotypical, but plenty are not. In Italy people are people, but there is an element just like anywhere.

Calamari-Prononunced like it looks in Italy. Brooklyn:"Galamad".
Mozarella-Pronounced like it looks in Italy. Brooklyn-"Mootzarell".
Pasta :eek::eek::eek:ioli Soup pronounced "FahGioli". In Brooklyn "Fazool".

Here they exaggerate being Italian and have way more pride than a real Italian does in Italy. In Italy, they just "are". They don't need bumper stickers, and flags and chains with horns on it.

I will say the top Italian spots in NY are every bit as good as food in Italy in a general sense. That is because the chefs are from and trained in Italy and import the ingredients. But regionally Italy has a uniqueness that is unmatched....Sardinia, Neoplitan, Tuscan, Sicilian, Puglia, Abruzzo....so many differences in style and cuisine. Hopefully Italy can stay Italian and keep it's sense of Italy. In todays world cultures are losing identity at a rapid rate. I was in the UK and the popular cuisine is Indian. Even at games.

Gorgeous country. The authentic food is insane good. You can also be unlucky and eat trash in tourist spots. Personally I find Italian people a bit meh overall. Some nice of course, but many arrogant and two faced. Let's just say that I don't have a good contact with Italians for some reason.

My impression of Plastic North American Italians is absolutely terrible. The ones in Montreal are Jersey Shore guido wannabes. Yes you read that right. Imagine that. Most of them don't speak Italian but think they are Italians. Funny part is that the real Italians in Italy are nothing like the North American Guido types.

I like italians. As a Spaniard i like the other Mediterranean people in general. Lot of similarities makes it easy to relate to one another imo.

and i mean real italians not jersey shore italians
It's funny I find Spaniards completely different from Italians.

I just listened to Rampage's podcast with Mousasi and I think Mousasi said when Samuel L Jackson and Magic Johnson were there buying designer stuff, they thought they were refugees wasting aid money on designer stuff.

Some of the most attractive people possibly the best culinary tradition on earth with mexico being in second in regards to cooking.

I just listened to Rampage's podcast with Mousasi and I think Mousasi said when Samuel L Jackson and Magic Johnson were there buying designer stuff, they thought they were refugees wasting aid money on designer stuff.
6'9 global star, pulling up in cars he had flown in.
Refugee my fuckin fanny.

I guess another negative is their government is bat shit crazy and their politics have taken a really bad turn for the worse, they are destroying the country slowly. But that can be turned around. Gotta love Italy.
new.gif

I'm 40yo, we never had a non-bullshit government lol

I live on Long Island. I have been to Italy. I work a lot in the city, including Brooklyn. The sign on the Belt Pkwy when you leave BK says "fuggetaboditt". The Italians I deal with here ARE not even a close representation of true Italians. They have made their own words and culture lol. They cut letters off words and make shit up. The women can be tough and can be brats. The guys can be stereotypical, but plenty are not. In Italy people are people, but there is an element just like anywhere.

Calamari-Prononunced like it looks in Italy. Brooklyn:"Galamad".
Mozarella-Pronounced like it looks in Italy. Brooklyn-"Mootzarell".
Pasta :eek::eek::eek:ioli Soup pronounced "FahGioli". In Brooklyn "Fazool".

Here they exaggerate being Italian and have way more pride than a real Italian does in Italy. In Italy, they just "are". They don't need bumper stickers, and flags and chains with horns on it.

In their defense even today lot of south italians speak in regional dialect (wich even change town by town), and this is even more true for old people and their dialect was even more strict... so think lot of their grandfathers that went to USA 100 years ago were from Campania and Sicilia, often were illiterate and unable themselves to speak correct italian

So basically it's hard imagine their nephew to speak actual italian, what you ear is essentially a distortion of a mix of southern dialects

To give idea how a dialect can be different from italian, even in Italy Gomorra had subtitles lol

Worked with an Italian girl. Enjoyed socializing and was very friendly.

Aside from that, they seem very fashionable regardless of financial situation.

haven't known that many personally but I think the stereotype we get is along the lines of, people from warmer countries are more lazy and more sexually promiscuous and in general more emotional and warm.

I've only known a few though and a couple of them were real pieces of shit, one claimed to be Native American (maybe he was but I don't want him in my race) but we all suspected he was more likely heavily mixed with either Mexican or Italian. The other was some dude I met at the steel mill, a real creep, he told me he got out of prison after a sex offense of some kind but I don't remember what it was. Just odd vibes, and even more offsetting was he was very, very smart. A smart deviant is more dangerous than a stupid one, don't know what ever became of him.

My town used to have a major Italian community (Seattle in the first half of the last century) but that's all gone today.

Most of us probably grew up watching mob movies and got our ideas from there. One "half-italian" guy I knew, I told him a joke about how I went to an italian restaurant the night before and had "Chicken Mafiosa" he said, "what's that?" I said, "it's like any other chicken but the bones are broken" he laughed but admonished me about being italian himself.

For whatever reason, two of my black heroes, Marvelous Marvin Hagler and Terence Trent D'arby both expatriated to Italy and loved it. I always found that odd. Shit got to hot here for them, meaning their fortunes turned and they decide to go to Italy. Never made sense. With Hagler, at least he was over there trying to be a movie star but Terence Trent? Ok, so he burned his bridges in the music world here but what can he possibly do over there? Alot of black artists expatriate to europe, again, made no sense because if they are trying to get away from colonization and racism, why go to the places all those people came from? Yet, Paul Robeson, James Baldwin and many, many, many other great black artists had fond memories and feelings for Europe. Even up to the 80's, both Prince and MJ, the thouroughbreds of their generation, seemed eager to get over to europe and seemed to think they were more appreciated their. Even after the molestation stuff, MJ was still super popular all over europe, (Possible exception,UK).

GOAT cuisine. Even better than French.

And a replica Gladius makes an excellent home defence weapon if firearms are not an option.

ETA: and I've always had a soft spot for Al Capone; the only man to do Valentine's Day right. 😈

Back