What do you think of prime Couture vs prime Emelianenko?

Damn. I guess I remember 29-28 because that's what I scored it.
He was KDed in two rounds and was almost submitted in another. No way he could win any of the rounds. But if he was not KDed in round one, he would have won that round because he did well in clinch and dirty boxing.

Did you see how badly Nog destroyed him?

At the time this was going to happen, Fedor would have finished him in the first round.
That time if fedor fought in the UFC cain and jds would put him to sleep. But I agree fedor would win against Oldman randy

Honestly I do think Randy was a pretty big "right place right time" guy at HW, an injuried Sylvia and first to explose Gonzaga and Vitors flakey nature.

When he really went toe to toe with top HW's in prolonged matches such as Barnett, Ricco and Lesnar he lost, the best wins of that kind he had were Randleman and Rizzo and IMHO they caused him big trouble dispite being a level below the very best HWs.

You put Randy into Pride and honestly I think he struggles to be top 10 at HW, Fedor, Nog, Crocop, Barnett and Sergei I would be pretty confident beat him plus I would favour Aleks, Werdum, Hunt, Herring, Semmy, even Fujita I think would have a good shot. The issue for me is lack of finishing ability/chin, Randy could only wear any of those guys down and they just need to land once or get in a good position once.

this fight was discussed way back in the day, around 07' or so, and the consensus was that fedor would have destroyed him. i agreed with that then, and i still do now. if i remember right, dana was trying to get fedor into the ufc for that fight, but then when things didn't work out, and couture still wanted the fight, he tried setting it up outside of the ufc. and i think that was one major issue that caused the break-up with couture and the ufc.

Back