What does Tony gain from fighting Gaethje?

SteveColdStone

School of Self Awareness
@Silver
Reaction score
The only thing Tony gains is a name on his resume and a pay cheque. I’m sure it will be a great fight but Ferguson just has to be fighting for the real belt. Instead he’s fighting for a belt that’s been treated as a happy meal belt and doesn’t even guarantee you a shot at the official belt. He is already the most legitimate title challenger in UFC history and he doesn’t need to fight Gaethje at all.

By fighting Gaethje he stays active but that’s it and it’s not worth it. He’s going to get damaged win or lose and will most likely lose a piece of himself in this, while not even fighting for the title. I hope it gets cancelled and we see the Khabib fight later this year. Don’t let this be a GSP vs Anderson situation.

Tony is the type of guy to gamble it all fighting Gaethje just to gain nothing.

<13>

probably wants to get out of his house and get paid. maybe he needs money, maybe he just enjoys fighting? he's bat shit crazy, so no surprise here.

He hasn't fought in quite a while now, it's a short career and there aren't many opportunities for making money. If he's on $500,000 for this, then it's a no brainer. He could not take the fight and get injured in his next camp.

Tony is not a hold out bitch, he has gambled everything to gain nothing like 30 times

Respect to tony, but damn this is a lose lose imo. I hope the UFC pays him big

The only thing Tony gains is a name on his resume and a pay cheque. I’m sure it will be a great fight but Ferguson just has to be fighting for the real belt. Instead he’s fighting for a belt that’s been treated as a happy meal belt and doesn’t even guarantee you a shot at the official belt. He is already the most legitimate title challenger in UFC history and he doesn’t need to fight Gaethje at all.

By fighting Gaethje he stays active but that’s it and it’s not worth it. He’s going to get damaged win or lose and will most likely lose a piece of himself in this, while not even fighting for the title. I hope it gets cancelled and we see the Khabib fight later this year. Don’t let this be a GSP vs Anderson situation.
He gets in good with his boss. That is it. I hope Justin wins. Would be pretty fitting.

The key to life. Money, Power, Respect, what you need in life

What does Tony gain from fighting Gaethje?

giphy.gif

Am interim belt and ppv points when fighting khabib next

A second interim title. What every fighter dreams about

he strengthens his case that he is the best in the world
if tony loses to gaethje, tony is clearly not the best in the world

Probably about $500k (if the pay for UFC 216 is accurate) but other than that nothing.

El Cucuy is a bad, bad motherfucker. Nobody comes even close. You have guys like Tyron Woodley who sat out for a whole year to get a titleshot or Eddie Alvarez who got one after 2 split decisions or Brock Lesnar after 2 UFC fights. But this motherfucker hasn't lost in like a decade against top level competition and still no fucking shot at the title.

Back