What events should we use for the next Shoop Contests? Voice opinions here.

Key points are... the Jones card & the Cormier card that are both super stacked with shoopable material. So they are the 2 main stays that the conversation is based around.

We missed a perfect opportunity with round 1 at last week's 238 card. Is it too late to use that contest for Paint round 1? It's not the way we normally do things, but maybe it still works?

The only real drawback (pun intended) would be that people who signed up first would have an extra day to work on their art than someone who didn't get the notification till the next day or something.
8FTMFXD.gif

We also had a shoop thread for Cowboy's eye, but I don't think that should interfere with Paint bandits having their way with it too. There's a lot of other fun stuff about that card with Ferg... & then Cejudo declaring himself the ruler of the Universe (exaggeration) lol...

& Cejudo's super stank face (12 seconds in)

The Zombie card doesn't look very fruitful at all for shoops at a glance. Ngannou/Dos Santos could be good for a 1st round... but with only 7 days between that & Jones it would get pretty tight. Voting ends that Friday just before the Jones fight. That seems a bit much for me. I might deal with it if that's what everyone wants to do, but my preference (if time traveling is out) is 239 & 240.

239 & then 240 is backwards since the best card is during the 1st round... but if you look at it... the ISL is backwards too. Cormier's card is all ready super stacked with shoopable material where-as the finale of Portier/Khabib isn't so far. Right now it's just the main event. I'm assuming a stellar co-main has to be added... but you never know how shoopable it will be.

Luckily, we don't have to determine all the details of ISL just yet. It's only in discussion right now so that we can have reference on how to proceed with the Paint competition.

Yea I believe it's too late to use 238 Cejudo vs. Moraes. We have to notify people ahead of time about these contests. That event is already over and some people may not have watched it and many not be able to find a replay of it in order to watch it now.

To me personally, I don't have an issue with Ngannou/dos Santos and Jones/Santos being so close together. Thus far in this conversation, no one has voiced that it is. Yes it may be a little rough, but I believe we can rise to the occasion.

And yea we have to hope they add better fights to UFC 242. Right now it's very thin and we are relying on one of the biggest pull out merchants to make it to the cage. It's a bit of a risk, so we have to hope for the best.

This is the 242 card thus far.

Lightweight Khabib Nurmagomedov (c) vs. Dustin Poirier (ic)
Lightweight Islam Makhachev vs. Davi Ramos
Heavyweight Curtis Blaydes vs. Shamil Abdurakhimov
Lightweight Mairbek Taisumov vs. Carlos Diego Ferreira

The main thing right now is that Ngannou/dos Santos and Jones/Santos seems to be settled for MsPaint. so we will proceed with that and put a sign up thread in an hr or so from now.

Last edited:
im just noticing ill be on holiday for the opening round of the ms paint comp...this is the exact set of circumstances i had in the first round of my prize-winning effort

you fools are basically up against cabo nate

To me personally, I don't have an issue with Ngannou/dos Santos and Jones/Santos being so close together. Thus far in this conversation, no one has voiced that it is. Yes it may be a little rough, but I believe we can rise to the occasion.
All good bro... I was just throwing out alternatives.

IOK45eW.gif

The main thing right now is that Ngannou/dos Santos and Jones/Santos seems to be settled for MsPaint. so we will proceed with that and put a sign up thread in an hr or so from now.
Now that paint is settled... there's no rush to decide the next competition. We can play ISL by ear & decide all the specifics of that later. Looks like it's all settled for now.
icon_cheers.png

im just noticing ill be on holiday for the opening round of the ms paint comp...this is the exact set of circumstances i had in the first round of my prize-winning effort

you fools are basically up against cabo nate
:eek:<Eek2.0>:eek:

lets make fun of some mma instagram attention whores, as i did here:

(i only put like 5 minutes into this, it can be better...)

gif clip of the video^
GuCT6VE.gif

Last edited:
Back