What fight that left you so shocked that couldn’t get over it

For me Aldo McGregor was the fight where I said "I'm not going to get 'emotional' over fighters who I don't know anymore."
Angela Hill and Dwight Grant both put the nail in the coffin for getting "super emotional" about anyone's fight after that.
Still mad about the Paddy vs Gordon robbery, still shocked by the Leon-Usman kick, still shocked by Strickland-Izzy, still pissed at Gane for doing soooo terribly against Jones
That fight annoyed the sh-t out of me.
We know a few of the same people. And I typically go hard for the home team.
silva-weidman.gif
Was watching this one at a sports bar in Chelsea with a bunch of people from our academy as well as a bunch of Renzo's guys.
Place went absolutely nuts!

I think I saw Robbie Lawler vs. Rory MacDonald for the title when I was tripping on LSD - that was incredible. And then next up Conor McGregor vs. Chad Mendes and they had the live performances to introduce them - wow that whole card was amazing.

The most I've ever been blown away from a sporting event would have to be Rafael Nadal vs. Novak Djokovic for the Australian Open 2012. Then Ravens/Broncos 2013 playoffs. Then Ravens/Browns on MNF a couple years ago, 2020... Lamar was out for like an hour and a half and then comes back on the field to play with 2 minutes left and it's 4th down and he completes a pass to 'Hollywood' Brown for the TOUCHDOWN! To save our season and playoff hopes. I was only on 100ug LSD but it was incredible. That was amazing.

Shogun/Jones still hurts to this day. CroCop/Randleman isn't quite as bad but it was shocking when it happened.

Still haven't gotten over Gonazaga/ Crocop I.
Came to say this. It's been 17 years and sometimes my brain will just be like "Hey, remember when Cro Cop got folded up by that head kick?"

I also think about Penn-Edgar 1 and Edgar-Maynard 2/3 a lot. Just a crazy sequence of events.

The two most shocking that had me in disbelief/awe and literally didn't leave my mind for weeks:

Edwards vs. Usman 2
Strickland vs. Adesanya

Other fights that left a strong impression:

Khabib vs. Conor (wasn't shocked by the result but couldn't get over what an absolute G Khabib was during the whole buildup, fight, and post-fight)
Fury vs. Wilder 3 (best HW fight in combat sports in a long time. Couldn't get over what a crazy fight it was)

Going waaaay back, Mo Smith beating Mark Coleman was a huge upset and shocker. The skinny kickboxer wasn't supposed to have a chance against a big wrestler.

That one didn't shock me. Tony was 35-36 and showing some holes in his game against other washed opponents like Cerrone and Pettis. At the time I said I'd bet on Tony if they fought in 2016, but was afraid Tony might lose when they fought (2020).
I think what really fucked Tony up was cutting weight twice. Being on the wrong side of 30 and taking the fight on short notice wasn't doing him any favors. Gaetjhe thumped on him like he owed him money.

Oliveira vs Makhachev had me straight up depressed for awhile.

Jones vs Reyes had me wanting to curse out the judges.

Oliveira beating Poirier had me on cloud 9 for like a month

What were some of yours?

The first 2 Rampage vs Wandy fights.

Randle vs Crocop was fuckin wild.

Too many to type

Gonzaga - Crocop 1
GSP - Serra 1

The judges in the Bisping - Hamill and Dunham - Sherk fights shocked me as well.

I think what really fucked Tony up was cutting weight twice. Being on the wrong side of 30 and taking the fight on short notice wasn't doing him any favors. Gaetjhe thumped on him like he owed him money.

Beat em like he came home and caught Tony on top of his Mom lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back