What fighter is retired now that you didn't appreciate as much but now you wish they were back?

Dillashaw - Always in great fights and has amazing tenacity

Zabit - Always hated on him and wanted him to fail. Now he's gone I miss him

Also, the reverse of this is fighters I liked while they fought but realised were kind of boring or overrated in hindsight:

- Cruz comes to mind most of all

Mark Schultz… completely dominated Big Daddy, not even a fight. He could have been a UFC champion if he had chose this path. Would have destroyed Tito.

For me I like any vet to stay around whether I’m a fan or not a lot of times. Recognition is really important for the sport. Any time we see long time vets leave and get replaced with regional guys with no recognition it’s a loss.

Anderson Silva. I wasn't a diehard hater of his or anything, but I spent most of his prime cheering against him, most of the time. We never see that kind of beautiful violence anymore. He was like a poet, of violence.

Me too. I was always rooting for his opponent. I think it's because I wanted the underdog to win and he didn't speak English that well and thus I didn't relate to him as much.

Later after he retired, I realized how good of an actual person he is. His podcast with Chris Weidman showed me that. He's a legend in the ring and also a really good person.

Bisping.

I became a fan of his at the end of his career, but wish I liked him more earlier on.

he’s definitely a fighters fighter.

not that I’m a fighter. But in hindsight. Bisping was a bad motherfucker who didn’t give a shit who was in front of him.

Varner for me. He lost me when he cried and pulled shenanigans, but then won me over.

Reactions: HHJ
I think Josh Koschek was a great heel,and didn't have to make a character he wad a natural. I would root hard for him today.
BISPING. god i hated him for over half his UFC career. Then he grew on me and now i want to see that story again. I miss when the UFC promoted guys

I ve never really hated any fighter, but I will answer the second part of your question.
Alexander Gustafsson, Trt Vitor, Pre Usada Hendricks, Cain, Werdum, Machida (back in the UFC)

Demetrious Johnson
I admit I got kind of bored of him being champ all the time and was kind of glad Henry Cejudo won. I didn't realize he would end up being one of the most annoying cringy champions ever.
But I am glad he is doing well in another promotion now

Anderson Silva. I wasn't a diehard hater of his or anything, but I spent most of his prime cheering against him, most of the time. We never see that kind of beautiful violence anymore. He was like a poet, of violence.
Like Tupac of MMA

Back