What happened to Jason "Mayhem" Miller!!!?

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I saw the thread about the podcast with Rampage and Karo Parisyan. They talked about Mayhem Miller and I remember him having his own TV series and he was on TUF as well. Despite not having the best UFC record on the planet, he achieved great success more so as an MMA personality than a fighter.

He went from this:

Screenshot_12-2-2024_182654_www.google.ca.jpeg

To this:
Screenshot_12-2-2024_18232_www.google.ca.jpeg

He is 42 in this pic and I don't want to hear shit about age. Karo, Rampage, Hughes, Lawler ,GSP, Bisping ,Serra, Cro Cop and Diaz look the same aside from weight gain or receding hairline. That and they had a much more extensive fighting career longer in duration and much more active in competition. This dude was doing tons of TV shows.

Spoiler Alert: It's drugs

Was it really that bad!?

I know that lots of fighters and professional athletes are around it since they like to party or take the edge off due to pressure. But this feels seriously messed up.

Was it really that bad!?

I know that lots of fighters and professional athletes are around it since they like to party or take the edge off due to pressure. But this feels seriously messed up.
I think he has other mental health issues besides substance abuse, but his face tells me he's an addict.

Sadly it’s drugs, probably alcohol and mental illness

The two are very often connected
the reason i say mental illness is because he was crazy even when he was a kid before he ever got into MMA. ironically, i think MMA kind of saved him from going down the route he's on now or worse even earlier, which probably would've ended up with him dead or institutionalized indefinitely.

but i agree, the drugs and punches to the head didn't help him at all.

I think he has other mental health issues besides substance abuse, but his face tells me he's an addict.

Its strange because he came off a bit annoying but he seemed like a happy person or at least in a good mood. That and despite not having the best record, he had two TV shows in regards to MMA and was a major MMA personality.

It caught me off guard for him to be doing so bad. I would expect it more so from a quite guy who fought in the UFC and kept to himself.

He seemed super happy to be in the UFC, I think the two losses and getting fired broke him.

Was it really the losses?

He was never really a competitive guy. Never had intense drive in training. Karo, Rampage and fighters in team punishment mentioned that he like to mess around in training. Played practical jokes and looked at MMA more as an adventure as oppose to a serious endeavor.

Hence he kind of had an advantage of being more relaxed in fights since he kind of was free spirited and could have fun. Similar to early Conor who was cool as a cucumber.

I'm surprised to realize that it's already been 12 years since he retired from MMA(the shitshow in 2016 doesn't count).

Honestly, I'm more surprised he's still alive and hasn't gone full War Machine, given the number of arrests and violent incidents.

i think MMA kind of saved him from going down the route he's on now or worse even earlier,
I think it is the opposite. His fame and money let him get away with a lot of crap for a lot of years. He's always been a mess, but his career let him get away with causing a lot more damage than if he was just a random guy with mental and addiction issues.

Can anyone post the the shoop thread of him crashing Jake Shields post fight ? I can’t find it . It is a Sherdog classic.

Don't know, don't care. Dude is a prick. From my hometown and went to school with my brother. He tried out for the wrestling team thinking it was like WWF. He attempted to wrestle and was actually in my brothers weight class. He didnt know that his school was actually 4A 2x State Dual Champs and my brother was a 3x state champ. Basically he tried to do some cheap wwf tricks in tryouts and my brother waxed his ass all over the mat. He cried and ran out the gym. We would see him from time to time around dual meets (in the home gym) and he had crazy creeper vibes and told people amatuer wrestling isnt "real wrestling"

Last edited:
I'm surprised to realize that it's already been 12 years since he retired from MMA(the shitshow in 2016 doesn't count).

Honestly, I'm more surprised he's still alive and hasn't gone full War Machine, given the number of arrests and violent incidents.

I think it is the opposite. His fame and money let him get away with a lot of crap for a lot of years. He's always been a mess, but his career let him get away with causing a lot more damage than if he was just a random guy with mental and addiction issues.

yeah it let's him get away with stuff, that's what i mean. if he never found MMA, he'd either be dead or in jail for a long time. that's why i said "MMA saved HIM" it didn't save all the people he's assaulted over the years. if you read about his childhood and how he was when growing up, he was already getting kicked out of schools, kicked out of martial arts schools, challenging martial art instructors to fight etc, this all happened before he even got into MMA, which he got into when was 17. so he was literally a kid trying to fight grown men, and beating the fuck out of kids so badly in school he gets expelled.

that kind of person would be locked up for life or dead if they weren't famous. but i also think it highlights that his behavior didn't take a drastic turn from drugs, he has ALWAYS been a nutcase.

I saw the thread about the podcast with Rampage and Karo Parisyan. They talked about Mayhem Miller and I remember him having his own TV series and he was on TUF as well. Despite not having the best UFC record on the planet, he achieved great success more so as an MMA personality than a fighter.

He went from this:

View attachment 1029148

To this:
View attachment 1029149

He is 42 in this pic and I don't want to hear shit about age. Karo, Rampage, Hughes, Lawler ,GSP, Bisping ,Serra, Cro Cop and Diaz look the same aside from weight gain or receding hairline. That and they had a much more extensive fighting career longer in duration and much more active in competition. This dude was doing tons of TV shows.
Alcohol and drugs plus long stints in jail.
Not rocket science, really.

Back