International What happens if post-Afghanistan military spending doesn't decrease?

You dont think there will be blowback from some of those hundreds of thousands of afghans we let in? over 50% non SIVs...WOT is not even close to over. It's just entered into a new phase. Jihadis are consolidating gains locally instead of attacking west right now. First because we made it harder by basically living in garrison states. Second OBLs goals largely succeeded. Islamists now hold sway in a lot of countries due to our overreaction which is exactly what he wanted. Mali to Afghanistan Islamists have large appeal and numbers. With names like AQ, ISIS, Tahrir Al Sham, Taliban etc

His other goal of bankrupting us and ending US empire many commentators think will happen too.
https://consortiumnews.com/2021/07/28/chris-hedges-the-us-collective-suicide-machine/

Last edited:
There will be another war soon, probably against <Insert Israel's Enemy>

The MIC cogs won't grease themselves
Doesn’t work that way champ, they only have one (1) enemy and we’ve pretty much withdrawn everything from the area.

Now, the absence of an Iranian war will not stop you from making baseless anti-semitic accusations, and you’ll switch the goalposts but I just thought it important to correct you on that.

Doesn’t work that way champ, they only have one (1) enemy and we’ve pretty much withdrawn everything from the area.

Now, the absence of an Iranian war will not stop you from making baseless anti-semitic accusations, and you’ll switch the goalposts but I just thought it important to correct you on that.
Iraq = Saddam was openly hostile to Israel, strategic position against Iran
Afghanistan = Strategic position to pincer and surround Iran, OBL hostile to Israel (Why he did 9/11 allegedly)
Syria = Hostile nation that borders Israel

Pretty much every recent Middle Eastern conflict was started to protect Israel interests.

Let's not kid ourselves, Yehudi

Iraq = Saddam was openly hostile to Israel, strategic position against Iran
Afghanistan = Strategic position to pincer and surround Iran, OBL hostile to Israel (Why he did 9/11 allegedly)
Syria = Hostile nation that borders Israel

Pretty much every recent Middle Eastern conflict was started to protect Israel interests.

Let's not kid ourselves, Yehudi
Yeah, al-Qaeda and American security totally didn’t have anything to do with 2/3 wars.

Yeah, al-Qaeda and American security totally didn’t have anything to do with 2/3 wars.
Sure.
The CIA could've taken out OBL and top Al-Qaeda leaders without setting foot in Afghanistan.

But it was needed to set up a puppet state to support the future invasion of Iran.

Iran is as geographically challenging as Afghanistan but with several orders of magnitude better military. If an invasion were to go smoothly, both Afghanistan and Iraq would be firmly within the US and Israel sphere of influence. Puppet governments were to be installed.

Fortunately, not everything went according to the US/Israel plans.

So far I am thankful to Joe Biden (and to a lesser extent Trump) for leaving Afghanistan. However it will be essentially useless unless we see defense spending decrease.

One of the main points against staying in Afghanistan was that we were wasting money by the trillions.

So now that the war is over, one would expect military spending to go down. If it doesn't, then we essentially are just shifting our war efforts elsewhere and we really haven't done anything other than give up a country. If military spending doesn't decrease, then I wager we've weakened our position in the world for no reason.

Venezuela
China
Some random African country these are the priority now

magic-eight.gif

In fact, it'll probably go up. Gotta be ready for that next war!

So far I am thankful to Joe Biden (and to a lesser extent Trump) for leaving Afghanistan. However it will be essentially useless unless we see defense spending decrease.

One of the main points against staying in Afghanistan was that we were wasting money by the trillions.

So now that the war is over, one would expect military spending to go down. If it doesn't, then we essentially are just shifting our war efforts elsewhere and we really haven't done anything other than give up a country. If military spending doesn't decrease, then I wager we've weakened our position in the world for no reason.

I think you're missing the Trumpublican party's perspective on the military. You say you want to keep the US military out of foreign entanglements while at the same time supporting record high defense budgets "just in case" you end up having to fight "good" wars on multiple fronts.

And the corporate dems have never pretended (until now) to be anything other than pro-military interventionism and increased defense spending.

LoL. DoD budget will increase. I know a guy in sales who deals with DoD . They will buy stuff they have no use for at the end of their fiscal year so their budget isnt reduced and given to another area the next year

That happens in all bureaucracies. My mother used to be the Budget Director for Health and Human Services (State of California). I remember walking her offices and seeing room fulls of brand new high end computers. I was in awe of the amount and how powerful they were. I asked my mom who would get all these machines. She said they were being shipped to a warehouse as everyone already have them. They had excess budget and... like you said... use it or lose it for the next year. This is very common... and wrong.

Sure.
The CIA could've taken out OBL and top Al-Qaeda leaders without setting foot in Afghanistan.

But it was needed to set up a puppet state to support the future invasion of Iran.

Iran is as geographically challenging as Afghanistan but with several orders of magnitude better military. If an invasion were to go smoothly, both Afghanistan and Iraq would be firmly within the US and Israel sphere of influence. Puppet governments were to be installed.

Fortunately, not everything went according to the US/Israel plans.
Hah, Iran allowed a lot of al-Qaeda fighters passage into their country.

That you think Afghanistan and Iraq was for Israel shows how misinformed you are. Surrounding them did not become an option until they did that. They’ve been anti-Israel since the start of the current regime.

I don’t get why it’s so difficult for people to grasp that we don’t like al-Qaeda and hunted them down.

oh and taking out OBL without setting foot in Afghanistan? Lol

If I remember we correctly, money toward wars is not part of the Defense budget. I expect military spending to stay consistent for a year or two while our stockpiles are restored.

They have been talking about going to war with Iran and Syria for years. It’s interesting how Saudi Arabia and Israel benefit from every Middle Eastern country America goes to war with.

What do you mean if? The Pentagon budget just increased a few months ago.

I would love nothing more than a party to hold majorities in all branches of government and actually do some of the populist shit they campaign on which has typically promised a shift of money out of the ridiculously bloated military budget over to the people with common sense social safety net programs that the majority of voters are in favor of.

The problem is the American voter is tied up to one party because they get their info from TV and social media and in effect they determine their votes based a letter or a color not by the issues. This opens the door for war hawks on all sides to promise all kinds of wonderful shit when they campaign and when they get elected they do none of it.

This time around we have the DNC absorbing and championing this current youth zoomer zombie woke movement which might be the dumbest group of motherfnckers in history buying all their blue politicians horseshit lefty posturing, essentially stealing all of Bernie and Warrens policy ideas in the primaries and have enacted none of them except putting blue haired he/she weirdos in government while continuing to spend and shave nothing off the military budget. Nancy Pelosi always had plenty of shit to sling at Trump but somehow always passed his spending bills.

Move away from your party affiliations folks. Despite what your propaganda media tells you, the people are now serving the elites in Washington, not the other way around which is the way this country was originally founded on.

Bernie Sanders has created several bills to reduce and audit Pentagon spending but they've been rejected by both parties. Until lobbying gets fixed nothing will ever be done about this.

Can't decrease because its the way the ruling classes extracts tax dollars from the working man to themselves.

you never decrease the amount of work you want from slaves and the amount of money you extract from the taxpayers.

LOL! Of course it will go up. This is from September 1, after we began getting out of Afghanistan. I've never seen a chart showing what percentage of the military budget went towards Afghanistan but I doubt it was a significant percentage.

"WASHINGTON, Sept 1 (Reuters) - The U.S. House of Representatives Armed Services Committee on Wednesday backed a proposal to increase spending for the Department of Defense by about $25 billion, more than the $715 billion proposed by President Joe Biden's administration.

The vote paved the way for $740 billion budget for the Pentagon next year, since the Senate Armed Services Committee had already backed that spending level in its version of the bill."

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us...billion-increase-defense-spending-2021-09-01/

The MIC is alive and well.

I think there'll be a quick war or at least a planned quick war in syria or somewhere in Africa.

Back